Change your sparkplugs!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 01:27 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Change your sparkplugs!!

Originally Posted by RoadRashChic
so looking at the new throttle body... it has a charcoal evap system that my old on did not... but my f4i itself didn't have the vaccum system, so I hooked it up to the air vent system off the tank.

seems to be cherry so far.. guess I'll find out tomorrow when i take it out.

damn.. I guess I dont get my parts now
Old 09-13-2006, 01:27 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by RoadRashChic
so looking at the new throttle body... it has a charcoal evap system that my old on did not... but my f4i itself didn't have the vaccum system, so I hooked it up to the air vent system off the tank.

seems to be cherry so far.. guess I'll find out tomorrow when i take it out.
you did what?? Hooked a vacumm line into your drain on your tank?? You need to just plug that off and leave the 2 drain lines on the tank clear. I know you cant stunt but leave the mechanics to the guys please
Old 09-13-2006, 01:32 AM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

hey man.. at least I'm trying..

the owners manual is showing for california emissions..

that's why I'm on here asking..

thanks for the help though.. *******
Old 09-13-2006, 01:33 AM

spiller03 is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 if you hook a vaccum line up to the vent on your tank you'll pull a vaccum on your tank and, not to mention your sucking fuel out of your tank wich in turn pulls a vaccum on your tank, and you'll get no fuel feed.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:38 AM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
who buys a new f4i and stunts it out?? All mine have been salvaged and I'm pretty sure that voids the warranty Ya it would be nice to check out that ride, those streetfighter guys are crazy!!

How fast can you change one of those engines now?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by spiller03
+1 if you hook a vaccum line up to the vent on your tank you'll pull a vaccum on your tank and, not to mention your sucking fuel out of your tank wich in turn pulls a vaccum on your tank, and you'll get no fuel feed.
hey man.. the book shows stuff that isn't on my bike.. so I was trying to figure it out..

but I'll go switch them now.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:53 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

you did what?? Hooked a vacumm line into your drain on your tank?? You need to just plug that off and leave the 2 drain lines on the tank clear. I know you cant stunt but leave the mechanics to the guys please
your an ***
Old 09-13-2006, 01:56 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Be careful though, b/c you are not supposed to use any sort of solvent or gas to clean the tips of these plugs. Also, they come pre-gapped. Some people don't know that, which is surprising, but you do not have to gap these plugs.
You should always check the gap on a plug . If they are pre gapped or not . Many pre gapped plugs that i have installed on cars have been off .

If the gap is to wide , it is harder for the spark to jump the gap and could damage it internally .

A gap tool is like $1.99 @ pepboys .

But if you can't find one you can also use a feeler gauge set . Just add em up(the thickness) and stack em together

Last edited by Crazy D; 09-13-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:07 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by Crazy D
You should always check the gap on a plug . If they are pre gapped or not . Many pre gapped plugs that i have installed on cars have been off .

If the gap is to wide , it is harder for the spark to jump the gap and could damage it internally .

A gap tool is like $1.99 @ pepboys .

But if you can't find one you can also use a feeler gauge set . Just add em up(the thickness) and stack em together

ya there's nothing worse than a big gap
Old 09-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

ya there's nothing worse than a big gap

Old 09-13-2006, 03:19 AM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point

your moms got a big gap
Old 09-13-2006, 03:21 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsteezy
your moms got a big gap

stop posting drunk.. apparently your abusing it
Old 09-13-2006, 03:28 AM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point

takes one to know one :YEAH
Old 09-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
stop posting drunk.. apparently your abusing it

Old 09-13-2006, 03:42 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i change plugs when i change motors.....same with oil changes.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 AM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point

f-ck that. I change the motor before I change the plugs! 1 year each the patented kawi 30 min engine drop is excellet compared to the 3hr honda hell.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:20 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by Sillyneck
f-ck that. I change the motor before I change the plugs! 1 year each the patented kawi 30 min engine drop is excellet compared to the 3hr honda hell.
ya thats the reason I've never done it, when the rod is hangin out the block you dont really wory if your spark plugs are ok
Old 09-13-2006, 07:42 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

3 hours **** we got honda motor swaps on lock down here an hour tops we've done 4 just this summer
Old 09-13-2006, 08:04 PM

hey I found somethign for ya darius..

shows your true self!! hahahaa

Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 PM

Bobby@BullyDog is an unknown quantity at this point

he has a reason to have a big head...hes good

Quick Reply: Change your sparkplugs!!