couple f4i n00b Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:57 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point
couple f4i n00b Questions

I did a search and didnt find my answer so I gota make a thread sorry guys..Anyways..I assume the problem I'm having is caused by the tip over sensor I have read about. My 01 f4i is stalling out on me. I had the bike in Neutral and leaned it left and it clonks out. It was dying out on me here and there while I was messing around in the lot as if it was running out of gas. Normally after I came down from a wheelie a lil funny or sumthin. not from just regular riding. I tried to gas it and keep it running but it would just die completely once it started too. It also will die when I have it in neutral, put down the kickstand and get off the bike. It just stalls out. Then i gota mess with the switches until I hear the fuel pump come back on so itll start again. It's annoying the hell outta me to say the least. If the problem IS the T.O.S. then how do I bypass it? I hope thats all it is.

Also my bike is geared -1 in front with stock rear sprocket. I'm TRYING to do slow 1st gear wheelies. Back left leg on the rear peg, right foot covering the brake. When I pop it up in first itll come right up but to keep it smooth at balance point is not happening for me. I have to give it gas to stay up then brake so I dont go back too far yada yada and then I pretty much end up chasing the bike...Its just not smooth and Ive almost biffed it a few times. I dropped rear tire pressure down too. I read people saying you dont need gearing to do slow wheelies or to up the idle either. I'm thinking I need both of those things? Am I just F'ing myself here trying to get the slow balance point wheelies down with this gearing and stock idle? I want to get a +10 in back and up the idle but I dont have those things done to the bike yet and if itll make things alot easier with them then I'll get to ordering the goods.

Replies much appreciated!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 PM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: couple f4i n00b Questions

at the tip sensor cut all the wires and conect the outside wires, tape them off and then tape the last wire off an there you go.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:35 PM

yea I dont even know where the tip sensor is??
Old 09-11-2006, 10:30 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

do u have an upper n headlights on it?

it's right behind the gauges, a black box with 3 wires running to it, cut the two outside wires, connect them together, and then cut the box off n tape up th emiddle wire.. done deal, make sure they don't disconnect, it'll throw u over, n it sucks

and a TOS is what makes your bike turn off if it's crashed, to prevent an explosion or it hurting someone
Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Black03R1
yea I dont even know where the tip sensor is??
Its in the front wiring.

I just did mine today and you have to cut the 3 wires of that box connect the green one or the power one with one of the other wires and for the one thats left you have to find a different power cable than the green one. You can run it directly from the battery to test it.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:51 PM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

Theres a thread on the tip over sensor how to cut it off dont be lazy and look for it
Old 09-12-2006, 03:54 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

tip sensor.. its a sticky in the how to section

when you got brake control down, you're ready to turn up the idle. until then a nice low idle gives you engine brake to bring you back down..

when you're actively slowing it down, your ready for idle. It'll wanna loop if you dont have brake control down and you jack up the idle

-1 is great to learn on.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:43 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

why don't u just read what i posted, as simple as that
Old 09-12-2006, 03:48 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

the wire colors are grenn and red with a black in the middle ! just remember christmas colors ! disregard the black wire in the middle ! just twist those two together !
Old 09-13-2006, 11:14 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Bank angle sensor.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 PM

sank yew ill give it a whirl..i thought the black box was for the ignition or something. I have all that stuff tied up behind the front light. Bike is fightered so it will be easy to get to again.