12 O'clock???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:32 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all
Re: 12 O'clock???

it might be quarter past 12
Old 08-20-2006, 08:38 PM

Nikoli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thehate.
I dont think you get the concept... a 12 is anything past BP...

where would you ever get that from? im with SDFKILLZ on this one... a 12 refers to a clock at 12.. STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:42 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nikoli
where would you ever get that from? im with SDFKILLZ on this one... a 12 refers to a clock at 12.. STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN.
I got it from Wood's... but i may be wrong, is bound to happen sooner or later.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:52 PM

skidmark is a decent person

I think this should sum it up;
most BP/brake wheelies are in the general area of around 10-11 oclock depending on the bike, if you're standing, sitting, slowing down, speeding up, etc (clock A)
Then you have 12, where the bike is perfectly verticel (axils vert-in-line, or close enough) (Clock B)
then you have past 12, like that wheelie pic or the one of pfeiffer here. (Clock C)

I have a little free time today as you can see.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12oclock.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	178316  

Last edited by skidmark; 08-20-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by skidmark
most BP/brake wheelies are in the general area of around 10-11 oclock depending on the bike, if you're standing, sitting, slowing down, speeding up, etc (clock A)
Then you have 12, where the bike is perfectly verticel (axils vert-in-line, or close enough) (Clock B)
then you have past 12, like that wheelie pic or the one of pfeiffer here. (Clock C)

Dude sense you took this much time!!! ....you win! ......
Old 08-20-2006, 08:58 PM

Nikoli is an unknown quantity at this point

wow
Old 08-20-2006, 08:59 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
yah top one is not 12 thats like 1 oclock scraping. 12 is straight up jsut like a CLOCK hand at 12 hahah i dont understand the difficulty in grasping the concept.
haha i'm with ya
Old 08-20-2006, 09:21 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

a 12 o'clock refers to a particular wheelie, not the degrees/minutes/seconds of the geometry of motorcycling. If we go that far, most only do 9:25 wheelies. Let's not lose focus. A highchair scrape is a highchair scrape. If you said you were riding highchair 12's, I wouldn't interpret your bike to be on the bar, scraping across the parking lot for a quarter mile. Before most of you knew what a handbrake was, a gentleman named Wink 1100 broke it down classroom style. Ask an elder to borrow the video and dust off your VCR. I recommend a lesson in history for everyone who hasn't seen it. It will shed light on why and how you're doing what you're doing today.
The 12 was named years ago when it was compared to your basic power wheelie because brakes were only used for endo's. This was long before scrape bars existed and sawing 6 inches off tailsections. It was named a 12 because compared to everything else, it was vertical..... and not to mention only the best of the best could do it.

Last edited by Matt Gorka; 08-20-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:44 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

12 is straight up...thats what i think a 12 is...any idiot with a 12 bar can clutch it up an say its at a 12...... a 12 is when ur straight up not scrapin anything
Old 08-20-2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
a 12 o'clock refers to a particular wheelie, not the degrees/minutes/seconds of the geometry of motorcycling. If we go that far, most only do 9:25 wheelies. Let's not lose focus. A highchair scrape is a highchair scrape. If you said you were riding highchair 12's, I wouldn't interpret your bike to be on the bar, scraping across the parking lot for a quarter mile. Before most of you knew what a handbrake was, a gentleman named Wink 1100 broke it down classroom style. Ask an elder to borrow the video and dust off your VCR. I recommend a lesson in history for everyone who hasn't seen it. It will shed light on why and how you're doing what you're doing today.
The 12 was named years ago when it was compared to your basic power wheelie because brakes were only used for endo's. This was long before scrape bars existed and sawing 6 inches off tailsections. It was named a 12 because compared to everything else, it was vertical..... and not to mention only the best of the best could do it.
+1
Old 08-20-2006, 09:58 PM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point

+1
Old 08-20-2006, 10:01 PM

Dude sense you took this much time!!! ....you win!
:YEAH
Old 08-20-2006, 10:08 PM

The 12 was named years ago when it was compared to your basic power wheelie because brakes were only used for endo's... It was named a 12 because compared to everything else, it was vertical...
meh... i tried in my world I'm still right
Old 08-20-2006, 10:14 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

then why the **** is it referenced after the number 12 on a clock which is straight up???
Old 08-20-2006, 10:22 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Why is a flamingo called a flamingo when a flamingo actually tucks its leg under him/her and not out? Deal with it. The 12 was named long ago and it is what it is. If you want to compare your bike to a clock when describing its position, that's up to you, but a 12 0' Clock wheelie is what it is and was named long ago. If you want to name a trick then invent it.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:25 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

You guy's used to actually ride without handbrakes? Are you serious? lol Take the H/B's off these kids bikes and they would be lost! lol
Old 08-20-2006, 10:49 PM

balma is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, this is rediculous
Old 08-21-2006, 03:39 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

that top one is past 12... nice!
+1
Old 08-21-2006, 09:21 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Why is a flamingo called a flamingo when a flamingo actually tucks its leg under him/her and not out? Deal with it. The 12 was named long ago and it is what it is. If you want to compare your bike to a clock when describing its position, that's up to you, but a 12 0' Clock wheelie is what it is and was named long ago. If you want to name a trick then invent it.
most of the time you have some pretty intelligent and insightful things to say but on this you are clearly retarded.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:29 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

why is everyone so obsessed on the proper way of saying things here. i think 12 is straight up and down, but I'm not OLD SCHOOL so it don't count? funk that. it is what it is....an opinion.

Quick Reply: 12 O'clock???