Super Streetbike magazine--the deal

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 10:07 PM

TDM-kitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by PRESTONofUV
I will give mad props to Foto for his photography skillz. ... He is the best I have seen in this sport.

cough cough I know foto has mad skillz but what bout me

I added the link to the front page, I will do something more fancy when im awake This is definatly what the stunt community needs!!!!
Old 04-29-2003, 10:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FOTOgrapher is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, I would like to thank all of you for the props. It means a lot to me. I need to pick up one of the magazines haven't been able to get one yet. Looking forward to checking it out.

David
Old 05-07-2003, 04:12 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

upstateR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Picked up my copy today. Found it in Barnes and Nobles in New York. Top mag. You can sign me up for a subscription if it continues.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Beef is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm hoppin' on my bike right now and going to Barnes & Noble to see if they got it yet.

I am definately in. I will spread the word. Already copied the original post and sent it to all my buddies and told them to send to all their buddies.

Lata
Old 05-07-2003, 09:45 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
I just grabbed a few copies from Barnes and Nobles.... I think every one of us should buy a copy or two to show support...

there were some things i liked and some i didnt

I just think that the writers with any magazine covering freestyle should at least reach out to the riders, or let someone who knows what the **** is going on do some editing when referring to the technical aspects of what we do

dislike- referring to bars as things to help riders from tipping over
---sounds uneducated---

like- talking about the yamaha motoGP bike saying that it has reduced engine brake "good if you want to reduce wheel hop when downshifting, bad if you are using engine brake to find the balance point while wheelieing"
----sounded very educated and impartial----

dislike- seeing the same old pics and info that have been in Mike Seates book and Street and Strip a hundred times

Miami Warriors this month, next month we are gonna see the Knee Draggin Mafia!!!!!

also there were some references to teams that were wrong, like DTE is from Michigan, or that Chauncey is with DTE

I like the magazine, i would have appreciated some more investigation on the part of the writers... send the articles to one of us before they get printed so we can check for accuracy

the only pic in the whole mag that really compares to fotos is the one of chauncey No handed...

I also would have liked to see the riders in the pics get thier names and websites mentioned.......especially the cover.... how are you going to put dan jackson, or anyone, on the cover and not say who it is???

all in all I suppose that is what this first issue is all about... throw something together and see how it does

either way, the fact that someone at Primedia took notice is impressive, I just hope that they will contact some of the right people and take the time to learn about us that way they can print stuff thats accurate
Old 05-07-2003, 11:48 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
Originally posted by DSOG Thomas

I also would have liked to see the riders in the pics get thier names and websites mentioned.......especially the cover.... how are you going to put dan jackson, or anyone, on the cover and not say who it is???

just got a copy today.......def agree w/ Thomas on that one, other then that I think the magazine is Big PimP'N! And if you look real close it says "Jackson" on my helmet!

Old 05-08-2003, 12:19 PM

felonyfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
i was lookin for the subscription card. i had to read the fine print to see it was jus a premiere issue. make it monthly and ill subscribe
Old 05-08-2003, 07:43 PM
myspace.com/redlinepeyton

Peyton is an unknown quantity at this point
got mine yesterday at Books-A-Millon, Looks great!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:51 PM

NickDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
lol...Just another company tryin to capitalize on a new and up-coming sport. A magazine put together by people who have no f'n clue whats goin on. Do a little more research before you start another. Here's an idea. Hire people who actually know what the f is goin on. People who actually are involved......Not just some journalist lookin to fill paper.

Last edited by NickDavid; 05-08-2003 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:22 AM

Tick_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by NickDavid
lol...Just another company tryin to capitalize on a new and up-coming sport. A magazine put together by people who have no f'n clue whats goin on. Do a little more research before you start another. Here's an idea. Hire people who actually know what the f is goin on. People who actually are involved......Not just some journalist lookin to fill paper.
True dat!
Old 05-09-2003, 05:20 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
I like how a bunch of the bikes in the magazine have StuntLife.com stickers on them, there is a picture with the StuntLife.com trailer in the background... and no mention of our beloved home here.... sniff sniff

I agree with Thomas. Especially about helping to promote some of the groups with links to thier websites.

It was cool to walk into Wal-Mart and see pictures of my friends and coverage of the evenets we goto in a magazine there.

Im still partial to Asphalt as there was a 2 1/4 page article on Stunlife there LOL

All I know is that Ill get a subscription to this, Asphalt and Street Style....
Old 05-09-2003, 11:16 AM

Joey is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice to see someone step up to the plate and create such a magazine without worry. Great magazine! Will succeed without a dought!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Beef is an unknown quantity at this point
Just picked up 5 copies today way up here in MSP. Passin' them out to some buddies.

Just flipped through it a little so far. Not bad for the premier issue. I definately will subscribe when it becomes available.

I do agree with some of the other folks on this thread though. Gotta get out and do extensive interviews from the folks who are puttin' stunnin' on the map.

Lata
Old 05-11-2003, 09:07 PM

TDM-kitty is an unknown quantity at this point
i found it at Books a million yesterday and bought two looks really good I cant wait to see next months!
Old 05-11-2003, 10:33 PM

lawbreaker2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got mine and it rocks!!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:33 PM

bluebusa60544 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: wow@!!

Originally posted by jw7/11
i found a copy at my local dealership here in town! i was so excited that they had one! who wouldve of thought they'd have one in IL of all places!!
Got one at Dominicks in Romeoville,IL last night. Cool mag.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:44 PM

bluebusa60544 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DSOG Thomas
how are you going to put dan jackson, or anyone, on the cover and not say who it is???
I noticed a couple times they said the PM bike was on the cover so it must have changed after the writers were done.

I hope the magazine does well. But it seems like they are just putting anything that doesn't fit in Sportrider in it. Works for me but how many of the stunters are interested in stretched, slammed Busas.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:17 AM
I Love To Post!

WETPAVEMENT is a decent person
Originally posted by NickDavid
Nick I agree with what you are saying here.......but isn't this what the industry wants????? Someone new to bring us up??? Sure they may not have got everything the way we would have liked it to be but its a PREMIERE issue.........with input things can be changed. You picken up what I'm puttin down bro?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:41 AM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
im a member fo a drag race busa foru and they were complaining that there was to much stunt stuff in it..i think they thought the magazine was just for them
Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by hayez
im a member fo a drag race busa foru and they were complaining that there was to much stunt stuff in it..i think they thought the magazine was just for them
Stunters and drag racers use the same roads, the same tracks... and people lump us together all the time. But the drag racers sure as **** dont like what stunters do to our bikes and we dont like what they do either!

Funny how it works.

Quick Reply: Super Streetbike magazine--the deal