Practicing slow stuff..

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 PM

foxswank is an unknown quantity at this point
Practicing slow stuff..

I have started to slow my shitnet down finally and got the wheelies down to like 15mph. I have been told to bring it up to 12 from a stop. When I clutch it from a stop,there is not enough power there yet. I have been clutch them up from around 5mph. Do I need to turn my idle up, or am I just pussing out on the trottle when I clutch it??
Old 08-14-2006, 09:21 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts
Re: Practicing slow stuff..

when i clutch it up, i usually have my bike rolling just fast enough to keep me from falling over. take your time dont try to bring it to twelve youll loop out
Old 08-14-2006, 09:22 PM

jjones is an unknown quantity at this point

do you not have your idle up at all? it should be anywhere from 2500-3500.....basically to go straight to 12 and get your slow **** you cant "dip" the clutch anymore, you have to gas it and drop the clutch. takes some getin used to but thats where I went wrong for a long time
Old 08-14-2006, 09:31 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

idle upto 3500.. dead stop.(or 1mph come on now) clutch it, let off the gas once it's up a good ways, then just use brake manipulation to keep you in bp
Old 08-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

your pussing on the throttle. you have a 929. Just go barely fast enough to keep you from falling over. Remember confidence is key so try to do what comfortable to you. Slip the clutch and get it up fast so you dont have to take room to slow it down. catch it with brake.

Do you have rear brake burnt in your memory to where youll catch it when clutching it up hard?

When i learned to ride idle (if thats what your trying) i was told to crank that ***** up to like 4-4.5k rpm. that way you feel it catch at a little bit of a higher speed than walking pace. after that within about 2 hours of practice i had it down to 3-3.5k where it should be. Also bring the psi down to about 15 to make it easier... the bike wont want to move as much as with the normal 18-20psi. Then after your all comfortable bring it up to 18psi.

After you get this **** starts coming fast.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:36 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

oh, n by the way... 929s have a jumpy idle, do the idle screw mod.. do a search for it
Old 08-14-2006, 09:37 PM

The first time the missed with my idle was last weekend. I turned it up to 3 grand and then wrapped on the trottle and it took awhile to go back to 3 grand. So I kept turning it down lil by lil wrapping on the trottle to check it. And it would go back to its idle point at 1500 normal. Is it normal for it to stay open for a few seconds after pulling on the throttle when you turn the idle up?? So I haven't tried anything higher then 1500.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:37 PM
B.T.M.

yes, and who cares, u have brake... brake will overpower a high idle
Old 08-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

and stall out.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
oh, n by the way... 929s have a jumpy idle, do the idle screw mod.. do a search for it
Man I really need to get up to PHX to ride with you man. I have been getting so fustrated stunting by myself!!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by foxswank
Man I really need to get up to PHX to ride with you man. I have been getting so fustrated stunting by myself!!
do it. Honestly there is no better way to learn things than having someone knowing what there doing there.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:42 PM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

Originally Posted by Vetter
do it. Honestly there is no better way to learn things than having someone knowing what there doing there.

exactly, which is why you shouldn't ride with crotch.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

+1
Old 08-14-2006, 09:46 PM
B.T.M.

Originally Posted by Stuntone0one
exactly, which is why you shouldn't ride with crotch.
pete, u ride a handme down xr100 n a bicycle.. nobody cares

come on down man, more than welcome, give me a day notice, it'll be good times
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

remember to get drunk afterwards.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 PM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

pfft! that's flaming! i'm gonna get your *** banned.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 PM
B.T.M.

remember to get drunk afterwards.
i just have to remind myself not to get drunk beforehand...
Old 08-14-2006, 10:16 PM

If I can borrow my sisters boyfriends truck, I will be up there this weekend. Just need something to get the bike back if I break it.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by foxswank
If I can borrow my sisters boyfriends truck, I will be up there this weekend. Just need something to get the bike back if I break it.
you wont break **** unless something goes real bad. is that thing been crash prepped?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

929's will stay steady at about 2700 idle max and that's all you need... plenty of torque to work w/

no need for idle screws... it's a complete waste of time anyway, believe me i had 2 954's and played around for years trying to get rid of the jumpy idle... NOTHING works, and after i got the f4i I realized how much torque the 954/29 has at only 2700

to get similar pull w/ similar gearing the f4i needs around 3700 on idle fyi.

ANYWAY back to topic.... as said above, work up to clutchin straight to 12 from a DEAD STOP. Brake reflex is mandatory and better be quick. When all is said and done, you should actually stop for a second, bounce a lil, then clutch right to idle, in one swift motion.

then after you get good at that, start all over again tryin to catch seat standers w/ the hb from a dead stop it's alot easier the second time around though.

Quick Reply: Practicing slow stuff..