Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:42 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person
Re: stoppie filped. this sucks

Originally Posted by danherz
actully if the tire is spinning your less likley to flip
If your back tire is cookin and you suddenly stop it, it will push you foward. But,whatever sent him on his lid, do you think he'll do it again?
Old 08-12-2006, 04:17 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ed LegionST
i dont know the answer to any of those question but i can tell you it was too much brake that did him in. he said he FLIPED a stoppie not CRASHED a stoppie. 2cent
actuly what happened was i was rolling it long and just got to high and over i went i just gave to much brake and i was geting to ****y.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:22 PM

lesson learned dont get to coccky. also i was wondering some times i get a chatter on my brakes and it suddenly comes up. could it be that i have only one brake line going down and then crossing over the the other caliper.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:52 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

........There are 2 types of guys rolling stoppies...The one's who've gone over....and..................At least you got it out of the way. Glad you're ok. they make more bike parts. Don't let it spook ya. Greed is a ****. At least you know how far is too far. better now than learning that at the top of third gear.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
........There are 2 types of guys rolling stoppies...The one's who've gone over....and..................At least you got it out of the way. Glad you're ok. they make more bike parts. Don't let it spook ya. Greed is a ****. At least you know how far is too far. better now than learning that at the top of third gear.
im actlu suprised im not even at al affected by it im actuly ready to go kiil them some more. all the ad vice you gave me gorka helped. i figured it just took lots and lots of practice.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:03 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by hyperryder
im actlu suprised im not even at al affected by it im actuly ready to go kiil them some more. all the ad vice you gave me gorka helped. i figured it just took lots and lots of practice.

That NEWB knows what he's talking about.......
Old 08-12-2006, 07:09 PM

xtremehakeem is an unknown quantity at this point

Mang u got some cojones I'll give you that:YEAH And anything M.Gorka says take it to heart das for sure (now if only we had the Level X Video "STOPPIE edition", maybe less of us would be in this kind of a pickle )
Old 08-12-2006, 07:42 PM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, good to hear you're okay!

I have a question... I'm also doing long stoppies, and flipped my old 50cc moped 2 times with doing real long stoppies on it... It's part of the practice I know...

But the bike I do have now, a cbr600, is offcourse much heavyer then my little moped... IF I flip it (and I know it's going to happen, cause that's just part of learning them) what is the best way to get of you're bike? Or to land on the ground?

I don't think the best thing to do is stretch you're arms, cause you'd probably brake you're collar bone, or arm... So how is the best way to handle when you're flipping a stoppie

GORKA ? NME ? someone with experiance ?
Old 08-12-2006, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Insane J

I have a question... I'm also doing long stoppies, and flipped my old 50cc moped 2 times with doing real long stoppies on it... It's part of the practice I know...

But the bike I do have now, a cbr600, is offcourse much heavyer then my little moped... IF I flip it (and I know it's going to happen, cause that's just part of learning them) what is the best way to get of you're bike? Or to land on the ground?

I don't think the best thing to do is stretch you're arms, cause you'd probably brake you're collar bone, or arm... So how is the best way to handle when you're flipping a stoppie

My will be to ask someone that wrecked alot of endos the pros don't wreck at all or rarely. U should ask Nikoli about it, he'll tell how he was able to hit the ground have time to turn on his back and catch that bike......etc

hit the gym and lift some dumbbells would help:YEAH
Old 08-12-2006, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by xtremehakeem

Mang u got some cojones I'll give you that:YEAH And anything M.Gorka says take it to heart das for sure (now if only we had the Level X Video "STOPPIE edition", maybe less of us would be in this kind of a pickle )
Yeah yeah, I hear ya....We'll finish er' up in the next month or 2 and you'll have the combination to the safe.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:33 PM

Don't ask me....I go down with the ship like a soldier. I'll hold the grips till my helmet touches the concrete....and I'm not proud of that.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Don't ask me....I go down with the ship like a soldier. I'll hold the grips till my helmet touches the concrete....and I'm not proud of that.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:12 PM

i dont know realy i fliped my first one and i actuly brought my legs over my bars and the fell straight to the ground the whole time i was like oh no the 12 bar the 12 bar but it never hit me. i guess youll find out when it happens. im geting a round bar soon. im adicted to stoppies

Last edited by hyperryder; 08-12-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by NME
That NEWB knows what he's talking about.......
dude you goy my going crazy to learn some killer stoppies. i just picked a a 954 to set up stricktly for stoppies. id have to say you have some sweet *** stoppies.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:31 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
I know im about to be in the same boat as you very soon.. i can feel it coming..
thats the part that sucks im rolling well over 500 now off the brakes killing distance but i already said to a few guys the other day i feel it coming on i've been pushing harder and harder im thinking im going to start flipping more twards 700ft the harder i try
Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

how you have enough time to react and jump out of the way of the bike... i flipped my first and second last week and was able to tuck out to the right side of the bike and it flipped over me.

and mr. gorka, or anyone. i can roll well over 100 feet on my 50 but can bearly hit 75-100ish on the cbr, what the hell is wrong with me?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:43 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

i think in judgement day 1-2 sum kid on a red/wht f4i flipped a stoppie and jumped as it happened landed on his feet and ran out of the way, the thing wasnt even cloes to hitting him
Old 08-13-2006, 02:16 AM
NME

NME is a decent person

Matt Gorka and I in the same post.........weird.

Honestly, I go through my ejection procedure everytime I go. But like anything else you reherse, probably won't be remembered.
I THINK my best option would be to practice near Mattress Depot towards their outdoor display.

When I rode dirtbikes, I ALWAYS held on until the end. Why? Dunno. I still do from time to time. Maybe I just think that I can stick everything and ride away clean?
Old 08-13-2006, 02:19 AM
NME

NME is a decent person

dude you goy my going crazy to learn some killer stoppies. i just picked a a 954 to set up stricktly for stoppies. id have to say you have some sweet *** stoppies.
Thank you. I appreciate everyone's positive feedback.......

BOO-YAY!

Last edited by NME; 08-13-2006 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:17 AM
JB

JB is an unknown quantity at this point

well right after i posted me previous post in this thread, i loaded the bike up and hit the spot. not even 5 min of riding, was my 2nd stoppie and over i went lol. was lucky though, didnt get to badly beat up this time. bike was sweet so i got back on and went straight back at em. was a lil nervous after though. what ****' me off is that the camera had just been pulled out but was facing the other way

Quick Reply: stoppie filped. this sucks