Why keep it underground......

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:39 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all
Re: Why keep it underground......

I dont care where it goes, as long as I can go get on my bike and ride a wheelie when ever I want im happy.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:54 PM

dan4th83 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just want to get big enough so that it is accepted and someone can open up lots to practice in so i dont get bothered by the cops. like a skate park for stunters.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:27 PM

Ando is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yellowflash
i think its about as creative as its gonnna get, if u think about it, every other xgames sport that i can think of they all get airborn, now if u find a way to get a 400lb bike in the air and land it more power to ya, monkeying around on the bike and adding more ppl are about the only things left to perfect in stunting

So you think they thought that no handed hc o's were doable 10 years ago?
Old 08-09-2006, 10:17 PM

yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point

tru.. i suppose with new products commin out left n right anything is possible
Old 08-09-2006, 11:53 PM
jab

jab is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont forget that x-games is not the only measure of success. Sponsors are where its at, plenty of pros in other sports have mad sponsors but dont make xgames. Selling products is what will blow up stunting, thats what we need to figure out. Learn how to move product and companies will want to sign up. the only reason these sports exist from a corporate level is to sell product, race teams, skate teams, whatever. The end result is that the companies make more by contributing than they would if they didnt. If honda knew how many f4i's they have sold due to the stunt culture, they might take notice. As far as Im concerned its happening right now. Signature exhaust cans, gear sponsors, that didnt exist a couple years ago. World wide fame, that may take a while, but food on the table doing what you love, its now possible with dedication and natural talent.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:26 AM

StinkyFatPig is an unknown quantity at this point

this is just not a spectator sport, the more complex the tricks get the more boring it is for people that dont know what is exactly going on.. the big tricks are still burnouts and fast wheelies.. and big crashs.. those are all easy things do to..

I love the fact that everyone hates this sport or has never seen it.. I cant tell you enough how much i love the old mens faces when i pull a stoppie at a light..

the first time a guy asked me how long i thought i would live.. I replyed "im going to live forever!" i swear by the look on his face he was having a stroke.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:46 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cathi
.........it can go mainstream if everyone works on MAKING it work...I think the right people organizing events as a whole can make it as big as x-games or baja .. of course it would take years of doing this .. and people have to be a bit more creative with stunts rather than your boring wheelie...

Definitely need to stop the hating and bashing on each other before we can go anywhere. Like Gorka said we all need to unite and head toward a common goal. Time to put the pride and ego away so we can move forward.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:50 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by yellowflash
i think its about as creative as its gonnna get, if u think about it, every other xgames sport that i can think of they all get airborn, now if u find a way to get a 400lb bike in the air and land it more power to ya, monkeying around on the bike and adding more ppl are about the only things left to perfect in stunting

OMG, are you nuts? Theres so many new upcoming guys that are bringing new style and creativity to the scene. Everyone always says this is as far as it'll progress and then there's always "that someone" that brings something new to the table.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:15 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dan4th83
i just want to get big enough so that it is accepted and someone can open up lots to practice in so i dont get bothered by the cops. like a skate park for stunters.
I want something very similar. I keep dreaming about it. I'd call it "world of vert" and make it like a giant disneyland for adrenaline junkies, with big FMX, skate, and asphalt areas, and lots of waivers so the insurance wouldn't be too crazy.

Chances are this will not happen in my lifetime, but it would be so great. IMO
Old 08-12-2006, 06:46 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Blindrippas post on page three makes a lot of sense to me. I wasn't getting it before, because I'm like an outsider looking in. But I can see where someone would want to keep their sport from blowing up in that respect.

I'm sure the first guy to get a tribal tattoo is not too thrilled to see every third person sporting one, all the while talking about why they are so unique. If everyone starts doing it, the uniqueness gets rubbed off, and suddenly what was yours belongs to everyone. And not everyone is going to treat it the same way you would. Not only that, when the herd arrives, if you're still there, you're indistinguishable from the herd.

I guess for some the give part of the give and take isn't worth it. And it does make more sense to me. Good reading.

I don't know that it's changed my mind, because I have some selfish reasons for wanting to see stunting blow up, but it has opened my eyes. The guys who were pushing underground so hard didn't make as much sense before.