Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:17 PM

wade is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Why keep it underground......

Originally Posted by MikeM
Because I love to wheelie
:YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FSPalex
dont talk **** about manbearpig it will bite u in the *** later

....um, I guess you havn't been paying attention. The manbearpig has been my backpack for the last couple of weeks.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:24 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gixxer_6
You can't take the average person that has never rode a bike before to a stuntshow. They have no idea how hard it is to do a circle wheelie. So they won't appreciate it like we do. Now if they see a guy do a double backflip on a dirt bike they are like holy crap that is amazing. And they know they will never be able to do that. Even a 50 mph balance point wheelie is not easy but that same average person thinks all you have to do is turn the throttle and your doing a bp wheelie. Basically the average person has no idea how hard the stunts we do are. So they will not respect a circle combo nearly as much as a double backflip. It will just take alot of time to go mainstream.

Good post. Same reason why a guy doing a christ will get more props than a guy doing circle combos or going from stall to high chair. I think its different in places like Europe because so many more people ride bikes and understand the talent it takes to do what we do. Hopefully more and more people in the US will begin to realize.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Borne is already one of manbearpig's favorite snacks.

Munch, munch, munch......

It was all Scotties fault. It felt like he was hanging around Lima and then sure enough he caught Vetter and Scott off guard. I held strong, but I think he laid low and caught a ride back in the trailer. Then sure enough when we opened it again a week later there he was to get me. That bastard never gives up. Watch out everyone, I think he's still lurking around Detroit somewhere. Maybe he'll make a stop at Granholm's on his way out.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by timex
Munch, munch, munch......

It was all Scotties fault. It felt like he was hanging around Lima and then sure enough he caught Vetter and Scott off guard. I held strong, but I think he laid low and caught a ride back in the trailer. Then sure enough when we opened it again a week later there he was to get me. That bastard never gives up. Watch out everyone, I think he's still lurking around Detroit somewhere. Maybe he'll make a stop at Granholm's on his way out.
hes definetly not in indiana. i havent wrecked anythign since lima.

GOOD POST blindrippa. Thats kinda how i feel.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:41 PM

yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point

im not really anyone to talk, but i think when a sport goes mainstream it almost loses its essence, its soul, people are no longer doin it because they love it, they are doin it because ONE DAY they might get rich and be everyones idle, all of a sudden u got a judge starin at u tellin u how much ur trick was worth"10 points for that 600 ft stoppie, cause the average is 700, to me thats no good.. just my
Old 08-08-2006, 10:50 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

doesnt matter if it goes maintstream or not. i dont give a **** if every state ends up with its own professional stunt team with jerseys and shoulder pads with numbers and names painted on their bikes, i will still be riding my bike on the street and in the parking lots riding the only way i know how. i will never worry about what tricks i need to pull to make anyone else happy other than myself. meaning u can stress all you want about making riding a "sport" haha and it just doesnt matter, cuz there will always be guys like me who ride our bikes for self fulfillment and there will always be guys who ride so they can make a dollar and theres even some guys that do it for both. just let **** be, what the next guy rides for makes no difference on what you ride for. what riding needs is alot more mutual respect and love instead of hating each other for being different. stop drawing battle lines or you lose the reason you began riding in the first place.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:07 PM

StinkyFatPig is an unknown quantity at this point

westcoast choppers used to be underground.. now its the most patheticly over used logo in N.America

gotta love seeing that WCC sticker on the back of the middle age dudes 1990 caravan.. cause im sure hes even been on a bike.. I bet anything if jesse james could he would take it all back.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:32 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by StinkyFatPig
westcoast choppers used to be underground.. now its the most patheticly over used logo in N.America

gotta love seeing that WCC sticker on the back of the middle age dudes 1990 caravan.. cause im sure hes even been on a bike.. I bet anything if jesse james could he would take it all back.
hahaha i hate that logo...unless it says EAST COAST STUNTERS on it
Old 08-09-2006, 03:14 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
I think some people try to make money from riding when the riding takes over their life and they are so far in debt/and the lifestyle that if they continue to keep going the way the are they will fall hard when they come back to reality. Some people have sacrificed everything and all they are asking is to be able to pay their bills so they can keep riding.

From what ive seen anyways.

Ding Dong! Same stories and hopes from the newbies..year...after year. Finally after a few years of debt and not going anywhere...they are like...oh $hit...I have to get a real job.

If you think you are going to do this full time..get a lottery ticket...your odds are better. Just do what you do because you enjoy it. I enjoy the sport more than anything, but to be honest I couldn't watch it for more than a half hour straight. Simply because it's only enjoyable if you are out there doing it. The FMX guys have the Shock & Awe factor. I can watch a simple tail whip 100 times and get the same "Oh Crap he's going to bust" feeling. If you you have been a spectator at any stuntfest or other comps without riding...you know what I am talking about.

Time to go back into hibernation!
Old 08-09-2006, 07:33 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Hey who's this RedlineJimmy character? ahahaha
Old 08-09-2006, 12:05 PM

Stunter-X is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
Ding Dong! Same stories and hopes from the newbies..year...after year. Finally after a few years of debt and not going anywhere...they are like...oh $hit...I have to get a real job.

If you think you are going to do this full time..get a lottery ticket...your odds are better. Just do what you do because you enjoy it. I enjoy the sport more than anything, but to be honest I couldn't watch it for more than a half hour straight. Simply because it's only enjoyable if you are out there doing it. The FMX guys have the Shock & Awe factor. I can watch a simple tail whip 100 times and get the same "Oh Crap he's going to bust" feeling. If you you have been a spectator at any stuntfest or other comps without riding...you know what I am talking about.

everyone needs to read this! ^

it's catch 22 with this thing we like to do. the greatest rider is going to be the one that gets to practice the most, but practicing has to come 2nd when you gotta eat and survive. sucks, but the truth.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Kev900RR is an unknown quantity at this point

until the soccer moms and dads can afford to buy little tommy that gently used f4i, instead of that bmx bike or tony hawk skateboard. and johnny law understands that riding a 5 mph wheelie is far from wreckless driving, this sport will remain somewhat underground.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:39 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

....um, I guess you havn't been paying attention. The manbearpig has been my backpack for the last couple of weeks.
he pushed my bike onto my foot last night
Old 08-09-2006, 02:22 PM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ponis
lol.. i disagree.... what about the fmx's immediate crowd..... they see the same thing over and over again just like we do.... lets say you were in fmx.. saw the same **** every day... then see stuntshine state....... im sure they give props to what we do just like we do them...

now if you take someone to the spot everynight and do the same thing over.. and over... and over again.. then yes.. its gonna get repetative.. BUT you take someone that has never seen a streetbike sexually molested in a parking lot before... and tell me.. YOU JUSTTELL ME they dont get an errection.. i see it everytime...

there are riders out there RIGHT now that are doing **** none of us have seen before... and just like the fmx world.. they are just waiting for the right moment to show it.

ponis always making erection talk

but he is correct

who would rather compete at stuntwars and get hated on because they are not the best by some people who cant even wheelie or would you rather put on a show in some po dunk town in front of the whole town and get paid and respected for doing what you do ?

there is so much talent out there that people have not even seen yet
Old 08-09-2006, 02:40 PM

dragit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cathi
you all have really good points for both side of it.. i think it is this generation that will be the turning point of the whole Stunting going mainstream or Underground. What this generation does with it, will teach the next one on how to handle it...
But as I have mentioned before, this "sport" over all is seen as acts of rebellion, illegal activity and very disrespectful to authority. (which i know is a blast at times i admit .. oh, did i say that?!?! eh-hem---to the point... Someone (who is of a big company related) commented to me that Stunting sportbikes is like the demolishion derby. Very cool to watch, but very low class.
I have a great respect for those who have made a name for themself in the stunt world and who do it for the sport, not for social status. As for a hobby, absolutely! If that's what rocks your lid baby, then have at it... but dont carry an attitude with it that gives those who are "for real" with wanting to make it a sport look bad. dont ruin it for those who want it to go big screen...
whats considered "this gen" and the "next gen"?? Half you guys are mid 20's/... that would be considered one gen.. im 18.. i would be considered the next gen... then my lil bro... the following gen...

I think it could go mainstream. HTink about it guys... How big is superbike racing? and that is all about jsut hauling *** and that is it. So I imagine something like this that takes skill will be looked at and be brought up...

just my opinion though
Old 08-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by dragit
whats considered "this gen" and the "next gen"?? Half you guys are mid 20's/... that would be considered one gen.. im 18.. i would be considered the next gen... then my lil bro... the following gen...

I think it could go mainstream. HTink about it guys... How big is superbike racing? and that is all about jsut hauling *** and that is it. So I imagine something like this that takes skill will be looked at and be brought up...

just my opinion though

Me 24, you 18 and your brother are probably all the same generation.

Random guy....24 with his kid. Guy same generation, kid next generation.

.....get it?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:46 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy

Today must be payday, cuz Jimmy is writing the reality checks. And Ronnie, if you're searching your name, I got that from you.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Cathi will become famous soon enoughCathi will become famous soon enough

Me 24, you 18 and your brother are probably all the same generation.
Random guy....24 with his kid. Guy same generation, kid next generation.
.....get it?
^^something like that...

you have your old schoolers which would be considered a generation.. starboys, LVX, and Todd Colbert who basically started all this.. then you have 1096 and triple x ... who then set the stage for more and so on and so forth ... i think its been around long enough and there are PLENTY of teams out there, it can go mainstream if everyone works on MAKING it work...
I think the right people organizing events as a whole can make it as big as x-games or baja .. of course it would take years of doing this .. and people have to be a bit more creative with stunts rather than your boring wheelie...
Old 08-09-2006, 08:32 PM

yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point

i think its about as creative as its gonnna get, if u think about it, every other xgames sport that i can think of they all get airborn, now if u find a way to get a 400lb bike in the air and land it more power to ya, monkeying around on the bike and adding more ppl are about the only things left to perfect in stunting