Why keep it underground......

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 03:12 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Why keep it underground......

Some people ride for fun, some people ride to be the best, show off, and make money.

I ride because I love it. Thats the reason i'l hit my stunt spot all alone and stunt. I don't need a crowd, although sure it is fun to have people watch.

If you don't wanna ride because the sports not going anywhere, and you dont think you'l ever make money doing it, you need to quit riding. Its about having fun.

My guess is, that when Kane sets out to stunt and practice, hes not kicking himself going "damnit I gotta go into work and work 8 hours today"
Hes probably going out to have a fun time, learn some new ****, and make cash doing it.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:13 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

It all takes time and patience. Sooner or later the "sport" will be
big enuff that the big names will have to take notice and support
the movement.
For me its just a hell of a way to spend a weekend afternoon, hanging with
the boys, learning some new stuff and having a good time.

Cheers

SK
Old 08-08-2006, 03:19 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone read the article in the last superstreetbike about riding for fun and not filming. It was by Mike Seate (who I personally think is a hippocrate but what journalist isnt) the article talked about him going on a ride with the Starboyz and how it was one of their best but no one had a video camera..etc...and how that is what motorcycling was about...

funny though mike, didnt you go to wheelie school??? Im sure that was just about riding for fun too....

The point is, even journalists from within our community are quick to jump on the "stunting is bad" and "its not real riding" or unsafe so we need to start from within. as our Confucious stunt rider Matt Gorka said..."UNITE"!! We must continue and do more to push it. Were not going away...
Old 08-08-2006, 03:37 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by timex
Which guy was it? At least he didn't wreck a christ.

....stupid manbearpig.
dont talk **** about manbearpig it will bite u in the *** later
Old 08-08-2006, 04:09 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

stunting is not a sport its a way of life
Old 08-08-2006, 04:28 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by FSPalex
dont talk **** about manbearpig it will bite u in the *** later
Borne is already one of manbearpig's favorite snacks.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:29 PM

Ponis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER

i knew it was comming
Old 08-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Borne is already one of manbearpig's favorite snacks.

his knee is... poor borne...
Old 08-08-2006, 04:31 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Oh, and in my humble opinion, honestly, it's never going to be big like FMX. The reason? Every year, FMX gets bigger, higher, and more dangerous. Every year stunting gets slower and slower.

I have a lot of bike friends, and a lot more non-bike friends. And they lose interest in a parking lot video a LOT faster than a vid that has lots of street action. Sorry to say it, but a vid like Stuntshine State only appeals to our immediate crowd. We see the talent and can appreciate it and watch it over and over again. But the general public.... those same people who WILL watch X-Games and FMX... won't watch more than a few minutes of Stuntshine State or that kind of nearly 100% parking lot/closecourse video. But videos with lots of street action, crashes, and minty bikes holds them a lot longer. There's danger there. Danger of crashing, getting run over, getting rashed, getting arrested, etc.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:45 PM

Ponis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Oh, and in my humble opinion, honestly, it's never going to be big like FMX. The reason? Every year, FMX gets bigger, higher, and more dangerous. Every year stunting gets slower and slower.

I have a lot of bike friends, and a lot more non-bike friends. And they lose interest in a parking lot video a LOT faster than a vid that has lots of street action. Sorry to say it, but a vid like Stuntshine State only appeals to our immediate crowd. We see the talent and can appreciate it and watch it over and over again. But the general public.... those same people who WILL watch X-Games and FMX... won't watch more than a few minutes of Stuntshine State or that kind of nearly 100% parking lot/closecourse video. But videos with lots of street action, crashes, and minty bikes holds them a lot longer. There's danger there. Danger of crashing, getting run over, getting rashed, getting arrested, etc.

lol.. i disagree.... what about the fmx's immediate crowd..... they see the same thing over and over again just like we do.... lets say you were in fmx.. saw the same **** every day... then see stuntshine state....... im sure they give props to what we do just like we do them...

now if you take someone to the spot everynight and do the same thing over.. and over... and over again.. then yes.. its gonna get repetative.. BUT you take someone that has never seen a streetbike sexually molested in a parking lot before... and tell me.. YOU JUSTTELL ME they dont get an errection.. i see it everytime...

there are riders out there RIGHT now that are doing **** none of us have seen before... and just like the fmx world.. they are just waiting for the right moment to show it.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:03 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by Vetter
Gorka = Confucious of the stunt world.

So true.......
Old 08-08-2006, 05:22 PM

gixxer_6 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't take the average person that has never rode a bike before to a stuntshow. They have no idea how hard it is to do a circle wheelie. So they won't appreciate it like we do. Now if they see a guy do a double backflip on a dirt bike they are like holy crap that is amazing. And they know they will never be able to do that. Even a 50 mph balance point wheelie is not easy but that same average person thinks all you have to do is turn the throttle and your doing a bp wheelie. Basically the average person has no idea how hard the stunts we do are. So they will not respect a circle combo nearly as much as a double backflip. It will just take alot of time to go mainstream.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:32 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Old 08-08-2006, 05:43 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think some people try to make money from riding when the riding takes over their life and they are so far in debt/and the lifestyle that if they continue to keep going the way the are they will fall hard when they come back to reality. Some people have sacrificed everything and all they are asking is to be able to pay their bills so they can keep riding.

From what ive seen anyways.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
I think some people try to make money from riding when the riding takes over their life and they are so far in debt/and the lifestyle that if they continue to keep going the way the are they will fall hard when they come back to reality. Some people have sacrificed everything and all they are asking is to be able to pay their bills so they can keep riding.

From what ive seen anyways.

its like crack! it sucks you in.

if the florida boys or anyone who doenst endure northerly winters (i.e. snow and ice) came up north for one winter they'd need rehab.

then id sprinkle some crack on them!
Old 08-08-2006, 06:06 PM

c.m.c steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vetter
its like crack! it sucks you in.

if the florida boys or anyone who doenst endure northerly winters (i.e. snow and ice) came up north for one winter they'd need rehab.

then id sprinkle some crack on them!
yea when its cold here, its fu**ing cold.. 50 degrees here is equaled to 25 there, u do the math on the weather calculator
Old 08-08-2006, 06:08 PM

c.m.c steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
+1 get a real job and ride for fun, when its not fun and its a job to ride....im quiting
Old 08-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by c.m.c steve
yea when its cold here, its fu**ing cold.. 50 degrees here is equaled to 25 there, u do the math on the weather calculator
ill ride in 30-40 degree weather. it gets cold but as long as you keep it slow. then go in the truck to heat up. its the snow and ice thatt kills our riding time.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:33 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

Originally Posted by c.m.c steve
+1 It was cold as Fu*k at Stuntwars on Sunday. I felt like I was back at home.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:36 PM

blindrippa is an unknown quantity at this point

I pretty much have a different opinion than everyone else, so let me go here (this should be long)...

Stunting is about having fun. I don't want stunting to be another sport that is highly overrated, think of pop music. If you don't know what to listen to (at all, like, the genre of music) you change the channel to MTV, or in Canada, Much Music. You see Billy No-Talent singing some over rated sucky song. Then some preppy loser calls in claiming that everyone loves them and all their friends and saying "We are sooooo popular *prep giggles*". I got into stunting through pocket bikes. I liked wheelies, and motor vehicles. Throughout time I was looking for stuff like "50cc stunt" on youtube. I discovered fiddies. I realized fiddies were like the "stunting version of pocket bikes". So I watched more and more fiddy videos, and wound up on fiddy forums, which led to all-out stunting. I didn't turn on the TV, see Kane and run on down to Walmart to get an F4i.

I skateboard. I hate how popular skateboarding has become, the only plus is more skateparks, but they are packed with groms (think of squids, only skateboarding) trying to ollie, while I'm trying to three flip off the biggest drop there (to relate to stunting, some squid doing pow pow power wheelies, whilw you are doing 5 mph circle highchairs). Think of why you got into stunting, for fun. Think of why little jimmy the skateboarder took up skateboarding, to become rich and famous like Bam. I have the urge to kill people walking around wearing "surfer" shorts and an Osiris shirt, brand new C1rca shoes, that are un-scuffed. Think about it, you're paying for gas at a 7-11 and you see a group of little kids wearing 50stunt shirts talking about how they want a can-of-tuna because they are "really good stunters", then you tell these kids to just get an F4i, and they say "what's an F4i"?

I think that the masses shouldn't get into stunting, think about it. Walk into your local walmart....
Aisle 1: chips and pop
Aisle 2: hunting gear
Ailse 3: car parts
Aisle 4: scooters, skateboards and Gixxers
Aisle 5: stereo systems and twelve bars
Would you trust a crash cage made by Razor? Eventually that is what it would turn into if stunnin became mainstream. Then every moron on a Goldwing would sell it off, pick up a Busa and power wheelie into a cop car. Cops would have to be much rougher on stunters, because if every average Joe tried to kill the streets, we'd have a shortage of average Joes.

I don't listen to music by popular bands, you should never get into something fun (being in a band, skateboarding, stunting, drifting, etc) to make money. If you want a job, get a job, if you want a cool hobby, use the money you make from your job to buy a guitar, a Blind complete (skateboard, not everyones favourite brand, but I like them, hence the user name), an F4i, and an S15.

That is why I think it's better to buy a used stuntbike from Darius, then from Walmart, keep the stunters stunting, and the mainstream buying dirt bikes, foam pits, and launch ramps. - Rippa

Last edited by blindrippa; 08-08-2006 at 07:01 PM.