Why keep it underground......

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 01:39 PM

DEBO is a decent person
Re: Why keep it underground......

Originally Posted by NME
I'm pretty confident that i will never be even known in this sport. I never even think about seeing Alex Flores on a Wheeties box. I just think most of us are going in the right direction. Wanting to make it a known sport. Just keep it up.
He was on the back of a milk carton when he was a kid. His next accomplishment will be the Wheeties box!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:40 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

It'll take off.....It'll keep growing. There needs to be a few things established before it can go mainstream.....but it keeps getting bigger every day. More and more riders every week at every spot progressing. More pretty bikes becoming stunt bikes. That's the reason the vid market is garbage, because supply has exceeded the demand. Toooooooooo many people doing it. Bad for vid sales, good for the outlook of the future of this "sport"...it won't become a "real" sport until it's legit. Period. End of story. If someone can't support what we do and eliminate all liability of supporting a "street sport" nobody with any capital to lose will put their name on it. I mean nobody such as a major corporation...like mt. dew. And by putting their name on it isn't giving product, it's investing millions of dollars with expectations of a return. So, until it's on tv broadcasted around the globe.....parking lot stunters of the world unite.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:45 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
You know whats so cool about this sport? On any given day you now have the chance to see a streetbike sittin in traffic, equiped with db bars, big sprockets and a shredded paint job. Stunting brought that!!!:YEAH
and you yell BOO at the dirtbike bars!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:46 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
.....parking lot stunters of the world unite.
:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

If someone can't support what we do and eliminate all liability of supporting a "street sport" nobody with any capital to lose will put their name on it. I mean nobody such as a major corporation...like mt. dew. And by putting their name on it isn't giving product, it's investing millions of dollars with expectations of a return. So, until it's on tv broadcasted around the globe.....parking lot stunters of the world unite.
Gorka = Confucious of the stunt world.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:58 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MR. RYAN SMITH
THATS SACRIFICING 1/2 THE SPORT FOR SOCIETY AND THATS WHY PEOPLE WANT TO KEEP IT UNDERGROUND. I SAY WE DO IT HOW WE WANT TO DO IT AND LET SOCIETY CHANGE.

Wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Waiting for society to change is like....
Old 08-08-2006, 02:03 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

It'll take off.....It'll keep growing. There needs to be a few things established before it can go mainstream.....but it keeps getting bigger every day. More and more riders every week at every spot progressing. More pretty bikes becoming stunt bikes. That's the reason the vid market is garbage, because supply has exceeded the demand. Toooooooooo many people doing it. Bad for vid sales, good for the outlook of the future of this "sport"...it won't become a "real" sport until it's legit. Period. End of story. If someone can't support what we do and eliminate all liability of supporting a "street sport" nobody with any capital to lose will put their name on it. I mean nobody such as a major corporation...like mt. dew. And by putting their name on it isn't giving product, it's investing millions of dollars with expectations of a return. So, until it's on tv broadcasted around the globe.....parking lot stunters of the world unite.

+1 Definitely true. Especially about the video aspect. Not hatin on newbie stunnas out there (I'm one of them) but seriously why does everyone and their brother try to make a video and sell it? It kills the market for the actual good riders out there.

Didn't skateboarding go through the same problem though? I thought for skaters to sell a reputable video they had to be backed by a certain name or something. Not a skater, just heard something a while back about it.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr

Then I yell.....

Watch my spreader to high chair combo.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:06 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by timex
+1 Definitely true. Especially about the video aspect. Not hatin on newbie stunnas out there (I'm one of them) but seriously why does everyone and their brother try to make a video and sell it? It kills the market for the actual good riders out there.

Didn't skateboarding go through the same problem though? I thought for skaters to sell a reputable video they had to be backed by a certain name or something. Not a skater, just heard something a while back about it.
very good point... i try to blame some of it on the fact these kids just don't know what else is out there... then i see ppl like at the xdl comp out here.. poser kid on a r1 says he's badass.. and keep in mind there are some big names at this comp.. and the kid comes out does a power flamingo and then flips over the front of the bike.. gets all rashed.. and still thinks he's badass.. then he shows up at stuntfest out here.. enters the indiv freestyle, and is doing power wheelies.. and like EVEN for power wheelies they were HORRIBLE... couldn't get them up... and he thinks he needs to make a vid... some ppl just don't get it..
Old 08-08-2006, 02:06 PM
B.T.M.

Then I yell.....

Watch my spreader to high chair combo.
Trader! haha
Old 08-08-2006, 02:11 PM

Trader! haha

I have succumb to the "O" town force. I am a young jedi now.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:13 PM

after too many wrecks and a mangled front end, LSL has now received my business!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:13 PM

very good point... i try to blame some of it on the fact these kids just don't know what else is out there... then i see ppl like at the xdl comp out here.. poser kid on a r1 says he's badass.. and keep in mind there are some big names at this comp.. and the kid comes out does a power flamingo and then flips over the front of the bike.. gets all rashed.. and still thinks he's badass.. then he shows up at stuntfest out here.. enters the indiv freestyle, and is doing power wheelies.. and like EVEN for power wheelies they were HORRIBLE... couldn't get them up... and he thinks he needs to make a vid... some ppl just don't get it..
Power wheelies?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????? WTF .....in the XDL comp???
Old 08-08-2006, 02:15 PM

I saw that kid at stuntfest, i seriously thought it was joke at first...
Old 08-08-2006, 02:16 PM

I saw that kid at stuntfest, i seriously thought it was joke at first...

Which guy was it? At least he didn't wreck a christ.

....stupid manbearpig.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:29 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Waiting for society to change is like....
EXACTLY MY POINT. IM NOT WAITING FOR **** TO HAPPEN, IM JUST RIDING.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:36 PM
B.T.M.

Power wheelies?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????? WTF .....in the XDL comp???
yup! he ended up not riding in the runs because he wrecked about 3 mins after he got there... it was amazing... and yeah, i think someone tooks vid of stuntfest (in az) of him riding.. it was amazing...
Old 08-08-2006, 02:50 PM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

You know whats so cool about this sport? On any given day you now have the chance to see a streetbike sittin in traffic, equiped with db bars, big sprockets and a shredded paint job. Stunting brought that!!!:YEAH

+1 I myself am never going to be a Darus,Kane,Manny, or a Gary but i do it because there is a fun factor in it and once that is gone there is nothing. I think so many people care what everyone else thinks. I am privilaged to ride with what i call great riders and MOST of them are in it for fun AS AM I. I would rather put on a free show that deal with all the drama at a comp.

my opinion
I will continue doing our shows here and there and have fun at the spot with some of my boys

Old 08-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Cathi will become famous soon enoughCathi will become famous soon enough

you all have really good points for both side of it.. i think it is this generation that will be the turning point of the whole Stunting going mainstream or Underground. What this generation does with it, will teach the next one on how to handle it...
But as I have mentioned before, this "sport" over all is seen as acts of rebellion, illegal activity and very disrespectful to authority. (which i know is a blast at times i admit .. oh, did i say that?!?! eh-hem---to the point... Someone (who is of a big company related) commented to me that Stunting sportbikes is like the demolishion derby. Very cool to watch, but very low class.
I have a great respect for those who have made a name for themself in the stunt world and who do it for the sport, not for social status. As for a hobby, absolutely! If that's what rocks your lid baby, then have at it... but dont carry an attitude with it that gives those who are "for real" with wanting to make it a sport look bad. dont ruin it for those who want it to go big screen...
Old 08-08-2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 03fat1000
+1 I myself am never going to be a Darus,Kane,Manny, or a Gary but i do it because there is a fun factor in it and once that is gone there is nothing. I think so many people care what everyone else thinks. I am privilaged to ride with what i call great riders and MOST of them are in it for fun AS AM I. I would rather put on a free show that deal with all the drama at a comp.

my opinion
I will continue doing our shows here and there and have fun at the spot with some of my boys

+1234567890