DuoDerm/TegaDerm pads for roadrash

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
DuoDerm/TegaDerm pads for roadrash

Do they usually stink when you take them off. Im afraid it may be infected because of the smell? I have to take them off and redo it because they were seeping out of the bottom of the 2nd layer bandage. Its day 2 its its about the color of a strawberry. Normal? Ive only had minor rash. Nothing more than a few patches here and there. This rash is down the whole side of leg below the knee. Those duoderm pads feel MUCH better than the antibiotic ointment/peroxide = gauze treatment. Definetly recomend them.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: DuoDerm/TegaDerm pads for roadrash

hahhaha.. u wrecked?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Oh god. Im not even going to tell you the details crtch. Ill never live it down with you.

Yes i went down. Pretty hard and pretty embarassing. o well. I guess i got it over with. At least im the type that can laugh at myself.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:24 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
hahhaha.. u wrecked?
no he ran reeeeaaaaaallly fast across a parking lot and dove on his face.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:26 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i thought he was playing naked raquetball and it got a little rough..

so lets hear details
Old 07-31-2006, 03:28 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

i thought he was playing naked raquetball and it got a little rough..

so lets hear details
he had a sandpaper fight with his gay uncle?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:28 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FSPalex
HAHAH.. Owned Crtch!!

With road rash the best thing you can do is keep it clean. Change the pads every couple of hours until you start to notice scabbing (which should only be 3-5 days). Try and air your rash out a little bit during the day if you can. But DON'T let it dry out, b/c if it gets dry you'll be hatin life.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
B.T.M.

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
HAHAH.. Owned Crtch!!

With road rash the best thing you can do is keep it clean. Change the pads every couple of hours until you start to notice scabbing (which should only be 3-5 days). Try and air your rash out a little bit during the day if you can. But DON'T let it dry out, b/c if it gets dry you'll be hatin life.
much like your tampons
Old 07-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by FSPalex

actually youre pretty close.

I was just riding at the lima comp. Not planning on competeing but some guys from stuntmetal and scooter trash just said to come out and ride practice. So i did. I was riding good all morning practice. You know. As much as I could do with no HB. Idle brake stuff. No throttle handers, Tried a a no hander but kept fell off idle. Stoppies. Some seat standers and what not. Good times. Then i was talking to a guy and he was asking if i was trying circles, which i had alittle bit, just dipping in. I dipeed a few for him and he said to slip clutch. Well, slipped it too hard to alte after the dip, bike straightned out and got away from me.

Heres the funny part. Went throught the so called "barricade" (sqaured plastic orange fencing) and the bike bashed a golf cart. I laughed, alot of people laughed, o well. I wouldve rode some more but i left my key on and my battery went dead. Then i didnt even want to f*ck with anything so i loaded up and watched the rest of the comp.

Here comes the i told you so from crtch. I now man. im not ready, i just figured id try in front of people that could do the stuff because i wont ever get any good advice around here.

Brake tricks for awhile for me.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

HAHAH.. Owned Crtch!!

i read alot of articles that said to leave the hydro pads on for like 3 days. And if you never let it scab over it will fully heal in a week. These hydrocolloid pads are supposed to keep it moist at all times And as long as it was clean when you put them it it wont get infected. I know that stuff HUUUUUURt in the shower and with the .9% sodium chloride cleansing with dry gauze pads.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

the dip right before.

random pic

right after and you can barely see the rash on the side of the leg. Its surrounded by gray.

Elbow, this was pretty deep gash.

And heres the moment of embarassment. Im just glad no one got hurt except me and a golf cart.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:41 PM
N/A

I'm just talking some minor road rash, what level of rash do you have?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

I'm just talking some minor road rash, what level of rash do you have?
i looked online and it looks to be aroun 2nd degree. Feels like needles are poking out from underneath and even if a bed sheet touches it kills. When i stand up and blood rushes to it it kills too. And the shower...well... f*ckin A. I need a 12 pack, a blunt, and a vic in me before i can take a shower.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:07 PM

Nocanstunto is an unknown quantity at this point

You want to let it air out and scab up...this means its healing. I did the peroxide/ointment method and it scabbed up and came off in about a week. My road rash was also a lot worse then yours.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
B.T.M.

this is so satisfying
Old 07-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

this is so satisfying
You were right, and i was wrong. Yup.

So is the smell infection?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:11 PM
B.T.M.

could be, or just medicine in the pads.. spray some **** on there n **** it up.. that's nothin
Old 07-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

could be, or just medicine in the pads.. spray some **** on there n **** it up.. that's nothin

I did spray that lidocaine aloe stuff on it and then almost about jumped out my window to dull the pain.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:19 PM
B.T.M.

yeah, but it's only pain...not like you lost a hand
Old 07-31-2006, 04:20 PM
N/A

I use this stuff called "Burn-Sab". It's a mixture that fire departments use. This stuff is AMAZING!!! I'm not familiar with the pads you are talking about though, I was just thinking it was pads that contained some sort of ointment to help keep infection out.

I was always told you need to air out your wounds every day for atleast 30 mins to help rejuvinate the damaged skin and help the platelets develop under the skin to help stop it from bleeding and to help the wound scab over

Quick Reply: DuoDerm/TegaDerm pads for roadrash