I love circles

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 PM

moorport is a decent person
I love circles

Finally got a cage for the f4i, rocked 4 ss circles in a row first day I bolted it up! It feels so sweet on the streetbike, almost as fun as the 450, I'm hooked on circles in this little lot next to the shop, every time I take 15 minute break, I do circles and it turns into an hour I can't wait to put a 12 bar on and do some double foot in bar spinners. I could spinn all day long and not get bored. Anyone else this way about circles?

BTW, thanks for the tips Darius, it helped out big time, just took a few more to get used to it!

Last edited by moorport; 07-24-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: I love circles

I"m sure I would once I learned them but once i got them I'd be working on other things..
Old 07-25-2006, 12:28 AM

solidjohnny is an unknown quantity at this point

share the tip! I just started trying them and i can get the bike to dip to the left and do about a 1/4 turn. When i get on the gas a bit, it just straightens out. BTW i'm doing it FIB style....
Old 07-25-2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by solidjohnny
share the tip! I just started trying them and i can get the bike to dip to the left and do about a 1/4 turn. When i get on the gas a bit, it just straightens out. BTW i'm doing it FIB style....
I was comin in and using to much brake, rotating half to 3/4 around, then fallin out of the circle from dropping the front wheel. D said to lay off the brake and just let the bike idle into the circle, Now I come in with little to no break and the bike just starts spinnin! If you are straigtening out, you need to lean into the circle more, once you find the spot, its a cool feeling.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:29 AM

alan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moorport
I was comin in and using to much brake, rotating half to 3/4 around, then fallin out of the circle from dropping the front wheel. D said to lay off the brake and just let the bike idle into the circle, Now I come in with little to no break and the bike just starts spinnin! If you are straigtening out, you need to lean into the circle more, once you find the spot, its a cool feeling.

Im doin the same thing but i turn to the right. looking at most other teams everyone goes left. I dunno why but turning right has always felt better in a stand up and i just started to try sit down and turninmg left feels better anyone have advise on that?
Old 07-25-2006, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by alan
Im doin the same thing but i turn to the right. looking at most other teams everyone goes left. I dunno why but turning right has always felt better in a stand up and i just started to try sit down and turninmg left feels better anyone have advise on that?
I think it is like riding a skateboard goofy and regular, some people go left, some go right, or if your really killin ****, you got both!

Last edited by moorport; 07-25-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:05 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Im with you bro. I can circle all day and not get bored. Its hard to get away from them sometimes lol. Keep it up bro. Your gonna be killin that **** like the 450 in no time
Old 07-25-2006, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
Im with you bro. I can circle all day and not get bored. Its hard to get away from them sometimes lol. Keep it up bro. Your gonna be killin that **** like the 450 in no time
Thanks E, I'm so adicted to this sport its silly.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Thanks E, I'm so adicted to this sport its silly.
haha its like crack and we're all crackheads. I love it:YEAH
Old 07-26-2006, 04:23 AM

thanks for the tip. I go left because i felt most comfortable going left on my klx110
Old 07-26-2006, 04:28 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i heart circles too.......but they have to be leaned over and fast....i don't enjoy idle o's......i like that sick "floating" feeling.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:25 PM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

i <3 circles......not only doing'em but watching them too
Old 07-26-2006, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i heart circles too.......but they have to be leaned over and fast....i don't enjoy idle o's......i like that sick "floating" feeling.
Me too, the faster the better, I love bein leaned over feelin that tire stickin like glue. I don't have the tech on the f4i yet, but I will get it soon. Lockin in some idle O's without movin a muscle is a cool *** feelin too! Darius came to the shop last week and busted some no handed sit down circles and peeled my **** clean off, my scalp still hurts.

Last edited by moorport; 07-26-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:18 PM

i guess a lot of has to do with trusting your tires huh? What psi do people run? I'm just learning so i think running lower (15-18 psi) would be better since the bike would react a bit slower, am i right? But it seems like the bike has to be going extremely slow for it to dip in...as well as remain slow to keep from straightening out.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by solidjohnny
i guess a lot of has to do with trusting your tires huh? What psi do people run? I'm just learning so i think running lower (15-18 psi) would be better since the bike would react a bit slower, am i right? But it seems like the bike has to be going extremely slow for it to dip in...as well as remain slow to keep from straightening out.
I run 20 on the f4i and 25 on my 450, I can come into circles fast or slow on the 450, just learnin um on the f4i though. you don't have to be going extremely slow, in fact, that is what I was doing wrong on the f4i the first few tries.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:24 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

i wish i had darius teaching me circles
Old 07-26-2006, 04:37 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm learnin ss circle and I can cut them in about a 1/4 way but I keep flippin over the front I think I'm going too slow...then I mash the brakes! wtf! I think I gotta come in alittle faster. this flippin over shi7 is killin me
Old 07-26-2006, 04:56 PM

#1legspreader is an unknown quantity at this point

i know i shouldn't just burge in like this when all the pro's are talking about 0's when i can't do em on a big bike yet but i'm going to anyway..

the truth is this was supposed to be the summer of circels for me before everything turned on me and effed me up real good...i got my bike takin away by the cops and went to jail (long story) i had everything you can think of done to my bike (gsxr 600) except bigger sprockets (which i had the money saved up for and was about to order) before this all turned into summer of sorrow (no bike + lot's of debt)

we'll here is what i think of circles

what i really enjoy are tight sit-down idle circles with the ...i know most people on this site can do a circles or 2 on the fiddy but the ones who know what i'm talking about know what it feels to do a really slow tight circle...it's like the smoothes thing you can do on the bike...it feels so smooth you can tell the people who are watching you are enjoying it....kinda like watching darius, chris P, or joe brown (and a lot of other gangsta’s) come into the circle ever so slowly...that's what i think about when i practice circles...like i'll go into a slow sitdown circle, and in my mind i see the clip of servin the street, 2nd video, the part when it's dark and you can see joe brown just idle ever so slowly entering the picture doing a sitdown circel and it just looks so so so pimp....i love that feeling, that kinda circel..specialy when you first get like 2 or 3 is unlike anything else you can do on the bike.....you feel like you have full control of the bike like you’ve never had before.

the 3/4 part of the circles is the hardest part for most people...one because the front wheel is too low...you have to bring it higher because that's the hardest part of the turn....the bike is much eaiser to turn when the wheel is higher...two, when i get into a grove of circles i feel like all i'm doing is moving from one position on the bike to another...just kinda shifting my weight ,and the bike is just moving under me in a circle …it’s like the bike just falls into the circle so effortlessly now…I remember when I was first doing em it was demanding to just get one….(it''s really hard for me to explain especially when English is my second language) for me i'd rather catch myself from going too far back with the rear brake then to try to throttle it up when the wheel is too low...maybe cause the bike is so weak...couple of guys commented that fast circles with the bike lean over is a really good feeling too and i'd like to agree...in second gear on the fiddy you can so mad fast circels and that feels crazy good too....this all maybe because i'm high most of the time when i'm riding but god dam it riding feels good high!! For me riding bikes is all about feel…feeling what the bike is doing is so important….you have to be very sensitive and take in the what the bike is doing so then you can make it do whatever you want it to do and I feel things a lot better when I’m high.

Story short…smoke a little go bust some slow circles on your fiddy and you’ll see.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:02 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by atnuts
I'm learnin ss circle and I can cut them in about a 1/4 way but I keep flippin over the front I think I'm going too slow...then I mash the brakes! wtf! I think I gotta come in alittle faster. this flippin over shi7 is killin me
i do the same thing.... i hate flippin over the front sooo much. it kinda hurts
Old 07-26-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by f4stunna
i do the same thing.... i hate flippin over the front sooo much. it kinda hurts
The best way out of the circle is gas and lean in. if I feel myself f'in one up, i give it more gas and stand it on the back and jump off to the side, or just gas out and ride away, I learned that early on my crf450, it was hard to get passed mentally, but it works. Keep the front wheel high and lean in, I applied the same principles to the 600 and it worked on that also, as soon as I feel the front wheel droppin, I lean and blip the throttle and keep spinnin. I am no pro or anything, but I hope the advise will help. Ohh yeah, if your stallin and going over the front, your going to slow, and using to much brake, when you start spinning, the bike actually needs to increase speed a bit, or more if you like the wide ones, LOL.

Quick Reply: I love circles