Need Some Help Really Badly!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:17 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Need Some Help Really Badly!!!

so 905 cage punched a hole in my engine the other night anyway when i took the clutch cover off a tiny piece of it fell into the oil pan no big deal i thought i'll just finish this then take the pan off and get it out. well i take the pan off and discover that the piece actually fell down into the engine the piece is about the size of half a dime and the thickness of about 2 or 3 so obviously i didn't start it up. last night i looked all over with a flash light and needle nose pliers and a magnet won't obviously work so tell me your thoughts mike should i tip the whole fvckin bike upside down and lift up the back end and try to get it out or what?

thanks for any help
Old 07-24-2006, 05:28 PM

#1legspreader is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need Some Help Really Badly!!!

i hated when **** like that happens!! i'll let the pro's take this! good luck!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:41 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

take your battery out!!!! dont wanna accidently start it and loose it forever and *** urself

but its a honda man, throw any kind of oil gas and go, youlll be FINE!@!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:52 PM

ahenry is a decent person

So the cage just broke the cluch cover, and you thought it fell into the oil pan when you took it off, how would it go in the motor????
Do you have a pic?
Old 07-24-2006, 05:53 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

are you being serious man run it like it is? i think on the streets it'll be fine but when i clutch it up i may be in some trouble but what do i know? i also thought if i just rev the **** out of it the first few times i ride it and wheelie it so that MAYBE if the piece gets sucked up in there it'll just be ground up but i dunno if that would really work that great of not just an idea i had
Old 07-24-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
are you being serious man run it like it is? i think on the streets it'll be fine but when i clutch it up i may be in some trouble but what do i know? i also thought if i just rev the **** out of it the first few times i ride it and wheelie it so that MAYBE if the piece gets sucked up in there it'll just be ground up but i dunno if that would really work that great of not just an idea i had
no!! that piece sounds kinda big. it would be destroyed quick, but it can do alot of damage to the cylinder walls before its gone. wich may leed to compression problems i think
Old 07-24-2006, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by ahenry
So the cage just broke the cluch cover, and you thought it fell into the oil pan when you took it off, how would it go in the motor????
Do you have a pic?
the piece was layin right ubder the clutch basket i went to grab it and accidentially bumped it into the rear of oilpan from there it fell into back bottom of the engine
Old 07-24-2006, 05:57 PM

#1legspreader is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldn't
Old 07-24-2006, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ahenry
no!! that piece sounds kinda big. it would be destroyed quick, but it can do alot of damage to the cylinder walls before its gone. wich may leed to compression problems i think

makes sence but from where it's at i din't really see how it could get up into the cylinders but i'm prolly wrong as always.

the only thing i know to do is to literally pick the bike up and tip it foward and try to get it out that way i've got a fork lift here at work i could use to do if that's waht i have to do
Old 07-24-2006, 06:03 PM

the piece was layin right ubder the clutch basket i went to grab it and accidentially bumped it into the rear of oilpan from there it fell into back bottom of the engine
**** dude. I would honestly say better safe then sorry right now!!! Take the motor out, and just take it apart, pretty easy to do, a days amount of work though. Cause you really dont want to blow your motor, cause f4i motors are sellin for hella high right now.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:42 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

give it to me ! sh*ts garbage !
Old 07-24-2006, 07:28 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by f4ibry
take your battery out!!!! dont wanna accidently start it and loose it forever and *** urself

but its a honda man, throw any kind of oil gas and go, youlll be FINE!@!!!!
forget the dumb stuff! I thought the same thing when my bike started making a small noise. rode it like that for 2 days. Then tried to fix it, but it was too late. I just pulled the motor off of my F4i today. Fixing to put a new one in this week, turns out the my rod shattered and one piece of it even made a hole in my block
Old 07-24-2006, 07:31 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

drop the pan, fish it out.. run oil through it (not by starting it) just dump it through... see if it falls out, get it the fvck out of there
Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 PM

skat37 is an unknown quantity at this point

this may be dumb but couldent you drain the bike and then get a small suction hose and fish it out that way. and dont fill it and start it till you know its all out.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:23 PM

charsha1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
drop the pan, fish it out.. run oil through it (not by starting it) just dump it through... see if it falls out, get it the fvck out of there
+1 i tried riding my 929 with a little noise instead of fixing it i ended up locking up the motor. just cause i was to lazy to take 2or 3 hours to fix it. so it cost me alot more for a 3 days of riding
Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 AM

sbc967 is an unknown quantity at this point

take your pan off and get a air hose. try to blow it out. or leave the clutch cover off. put the cage back on and push it over, rock it around. it might just fall out. I wouldn't run it until you get it out.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:32 AM

ya i'm gonna lift it up by the sub frame tonight after work with the fork lift and try to flush it out
Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

yeah, that sounds like the best way to do it.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:57 AM

ya dude i'll let you know what happens
Old 07-25-2006, 10:32 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

TAKE THE AIRBOX OFF FIRST!!!!...or you'll fix one problem and have another you can try taping a mcdonalds straw to a shop vac.. may sound stupid but i got a screw i dropped changing the oil.. had it on the seat my girl bumped it and it went right in 2 hours later and gotter out

Quick Reply: Need Some Help Really Badly!!!