Need Some Help Really Badly!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:51 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Need Some Help Really Badly!!!

anybody?
Old 07-27-2006, 08:32 AM

RuntStunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
anybody?

Bounce----if you have already gone through everything twice, pulled the clutches, blown air into the trans cavity to try to dislodge the piece, poked around with a flashlight, and felt around with a pick to try to get everything out...............

The only thing left to do is pull the entire engine and split the case.........

Other than that, give it a shot.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:54 AM

Rapido14 is an unknown quantity at this point

uve gone through everything twice but i say a third time would be what i would do you've done evrything that they taght us in MMI(Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) other than going ahead and splitting the motor like telefonica said other than that if you dont know how to do it i would spend the money just to make sure its out because if it aint you'll be paying for it later more than you think it would cost... especially with the way labor costs are so high these days.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:57 AM

i just pulled my buddies motor and it did the same thing but only he didnt take the time to check and see if it was out and he ended tearing up his heads you dont want something like that happenig to you trust me it was nasty lookin
Old 07-27-2006, 01:07 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

ya i just put this engine in a month ago i got it off ebaymotors cuz LouisvilleRider sold it to me with a bad engine so i have had the engine out before and put it back in it's really not that big of a deal but i really just don't wana have to split it apart and from the transmission which is where the piece was last time i saw there really isn't anyway for it to really got inito a cylinder
Old 07-27-2006, 03:16 PM

anybody else before i fire this piece of **** up?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:32 PM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

i dropped a piece down in a motor on my old dirtbike and couldnt get it and i said f it and went ahead a fired it up and the piece went up into my cylender and got lodged in between my piston and the cylender wall and locked my motor up
Old 07-27-2006, 04:28 PM

anybody else before i fire this piece of **** up?

Just be prepared for the bill if you don't want to split the case................

It is still a possiblitiy that it is lodged. just a thought
Old 07-27-2006, 04:34 PM

see that's why i'm so hesitant i think i'll take it out saturday
Old 07-27-2006, 04:50 PM

see that's why i'm so hesitant i think i'll take it out saturday

A couple hours beats a couple hundred
Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM

hedgy is an unknown quantity at this point

turn the engine over by hand.remove plugs first so compression is gone and use altenator if engine is out to rotate engine one turn at a time.if engine in the bike turn engine by putting in gear and turning rear wheel by hand.
i know this may cause piece to become more jammed,but at least this can be done ultra slow will no oil in the bike,so if the engine does lock up,it wont be damaged like firing it up normally.
the aluminium piece will get chewed up by the gearbox but the smaller pieces it spits out will probably block oilways leading to topend damage.
personally i would strip the engine for piece of mind but thats cause im a bike mechanic and dont charge myself.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:25 PM

7fiveO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by #1legspreader
i wouldn't
Old 07-27-2006, 05:48 PM

see im in the same boat im a motorcycle mechanic and the something to think about too... turning the engineby hand and if locks up it wont be as bad... think about ive seen way to many ppl come nto my shop with this problem and you dont want to see the invoice when ur done!

Originally Posted by hedgy
turn the engine over by hand.remove plugs first so compression is gone and use altenator if engine is out to rotate engine one turn at a time.if engine in the bike turn engine by putting in gear and turning rear wheel by hand.
i know this may cause piece to become more jammed,but at least this can be done ultra slow will no oil in the bike,so if the engine does lock up,it wont be damaged like firing it up normally.
the aluminium piece will get chewed up by the gearbox but the smaller pieces it spits out will probably block oilways leading to topend damage.
personally i would strip the engine for piece of mind but thats cause im a bike mechanic and dont charge myself.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:55 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Bounce... seriously, splitting the case is pretty much your only option. You've dropped the pan, you've fished around and you still didn't find it. You could however, take all the plugs out... leave the engine open, with the pan off. Open up the clutch basket, and stator side and just turn over the motor slowly. Just bump the starter and let the engine turn over slowly. Try bumping the start with it both in gear and out of gear, but make sure you don't actually start up the engine... just bump it will all the plugs out. If it still doesn't come out and you want to risk it, then rock that shiat!!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:34 PM

ahenry is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Bounce... seriously, splitting the case is pretty much your only option. You've dropped the pan, you've fished around and you still didn't find it. You could however, take all the plugs out... leave the engine open, with the pan off. Open up the clutch basket, and stator side and just turn over the motor slowly. Just bump the starter and let the engine turn over slowly. Try bumping the start with it both in gear and out of gear, but make sure you don't actually start up the engine... just bump it will all the plugs out. If it still doesn't come out and you want to risk it, then rock that shiat!!
dude +1 on that