street bike / stunt bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:24 AM

bikekid16 is an unknown quantity at this point
street bike / stunt bike?

I just turned 17 today and for 2 years iv been trying to convince my parents to let me get a bike. i think by this coming spring i might have broke them and they will let me buy a bike. I want something that will be good for parking lot stunting and a decent looking street bike at the same time. What would you reccomend me to start off on? I appreciate it!
-Derek
Old 07-19-2006, 10:52 AM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all
Re: street bike / stunt bike?

take the MSF course
get something used but decent
have fun
p.s.
try to get your dad on a bike it'll help him come around
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

You'll probably get a new bike and crash it within a month. Then you'll have a stuntbike. Problem solved.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:08 AM

whitert is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in a similar situation to you. I'm 16, turning 17 August 5th and just got my motorcycle endorsement this past Friday. Definitely take the MSF course. It'll help you get the basic skills down (some say the MSF course equals 6 months of riding experience) and in some states it waives the riding part of the test at the DMV. If you haven't gotten your permit yet, go and get that ASAP becuase if it's anything like VA, you'll have to hold the permit for 9 months.

As far as a bike goes, I'm probably getting a used F4i this winter (prices go down a little in the winter), but for now I just ride my friends bikes (I've got a lot of friends with more than one bike). If you want to stunt and have a streetable bike, F4i will probably be your best choice.

Feel free to send me a PM or get me on AIM (whitert89) if you've got anymore questions or need help convincing your parents.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:14 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

get a bike from the 80's they are good all around
Old 07-19-2006, 11:14 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy The F4I
Old 07-19-2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by silverstunterR6
take the MSF course
get something used but decent
have fun
p.s.
try to get your dad on a bike it'll help him come around
I wish i could get my dad to ride. When he was 18 or so he was rearended by someone who hated motorcyles and he said he will never get back on a bike again. when the bike layed down he put it up forsale the same day.

i need soemthing used under 3grand is there a better brand than another for stunting? i know they all ride close to the same...
i was looking at f3's or f4's lemme know thanks!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Damn, sounds like your dad may be hard to convince then. F3's or F4's should be a good choice though, that's what I'm looking at.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:24 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

Originally Posted by whitert
Definitely take the MSF course. It'll help you get the basic skills down (some say the MSF course equals 6 months of riding experience) and in some states it waives the riding part of the test at the DMV.
I had to take that stupid course cause I got my license at 15 to were I could ride a 250 but my mom didn't know the difference so I got a zx6r..But anyways that course will show you the basic's if you have no clue but there is no way in hell it is like 6 months of riding. When I took it in Texas we had to sit in class and pretend to be letting out the clutch and giving it gas for hours and all this other bs. Then we went to the course and the first day we couldn't even ride we had to get partners and be pushed around on xr80's, it was fu(king ridiculous. Then we rode little nighthawk 250's in a parking lot and they still passed all the dumbasses that crashed everyday just trying to stop and turn and do basic **** and gave them a license to go play in traffic..
Old 07-19-2006, 11:24 AM

yeah he is really tough.....iv had a dirtbike and quad for half my life so thats loosened him up a tad....untill i was stuntin my quad and spun around backwards on the seat and went to reach for brake and somehow my R & L adjustments were off so when i pulled it it threw me sideways off the bike and rolled it at 60 on pavement and the quad landed on top of me and broke some ribs and have some nasty scars. and he thought i was dead..... so that doesnt help either
Old 07-19-2006, 12:02 PM

Brand New is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah...its not looking too good as to your dad letting you get a streetbike if you did all that no a 4wheeler, although, i did something similiar to that on a dirtbike when i was like 15 and still managed to talk moms into letting me get a bike, under the condition that it was all in my name and i pay the insurance thats all...good deal
Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 PM

whats insurence on a bike a month for someone my age? also whats "high millage" in a bike?
Thanks
Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

Get The F4i!!!.....sick stuntbike! tough as a ****. an reliable.
im payin 2450 a year (canada) an thats the cheapest for a 17 yr old.
an i got my bike used with 15,000K for 6500$.. to me that was the best deal i found. every bike i looked for was either to much $$ or to high of a Km.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:02 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

f4's are perfect
Old 07-19-2006, 02:29 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

Originally Posted by bikekid16
I just turned 17 today and for 2 years iv been trying to convince my parents to let me get a bike. i think by this coming spring i might have broke them and they will let me buy a bike. I want something that will be good for parking lot stunting and a decent looking street bike at the same time. What would you reccomend me to start off on? I appreciate it!
-Derek
954 but if u never gat on a bike it might be to much 2 soon
Old 07-19-2006, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by G-Town Scooter
I had to take that stupid course cause I got my license at 15 to were I could ride a 250 but my mom didn't know the difference so I got a zx6r..But anyways that course will show you the basic's if you have no clue but there is no way in hell it is like 6 months of riding. When I took it in Texas we had to sit in class and pretend to be letting out the clutch and giving it gas for hours and all this other bs. Then we went to the course and the first day we couldn't even ride we had to get partners and be pushed around on xr80's, it was fu(king ridiculous. Then we rode little nighthawk 250's in a parking lot and they still passed all the dumbasses that crashed everyday just trying to stop and turn and do basic **** and gave them a license to go play in traffic..
The MSF course has either changed a lot since you took it, or you just had terrible instructors. We were riding a lot the first day, no one was ever pushing anyone around on a bike, and we never sat in the class room pretending to let out a clutch lol. If we had done that I would've walked out.

Edit: We were riding 250's the entire time too.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:52 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

when I took it one guy stalled twice and dropped a bike and they told him to go home.
If you messed up on a part they wouldn't let you try it again.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 PM

ChainBlockRider is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a F2 or F3 for $2g's er 25 C notes n ride it like you stole it!!!!! Fu(k the bull ****!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:41 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ChainBlockRider
Get a F2 or F3 for $2g's er 25 C notes n ride it like you stole it!!!!! Fu(k the bull ****!

YES!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:54 PM

acakins is an unknown quantity at this point

i like what that one guy said....so go by a brand new R6 or f4i and gear it right away!!!! But have a cage and 12 bar b/c ya gunna wreck it by learnin!!!!! Also, i'm 21 now but when i turned 18 my parent's said the same damn thang....so i simply saved up my money and bought one behind there backs....at first i got *****ed and yelled at but they adapted to it once they saw that i was a good driver and all...but when they turned their backs that front tire never stayed on the ground doggy!!! good luck wit it!!!

Quick Reply: street bike / stunt bike?