brembo master cylinder help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:19 PM

skidmark is a decent person
Re: brembo master cylinder help...

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
id try bleeding it upside down..see if that helps
+1... install it the way you're gonna use it, then bleed it. Tap the MC itself a few times with yer finger or something harder while bleeding it to free up any tiny airbubbles. Don't bother bleeding from the MC, I only bleed mine from the rear caliper and it works every time. Only use the hand MC to pump fluid too, not the foot MC. I've installed a few different ones all with good results so I know I'm doing it right, and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes (5 to 15) once you get the fluid flowing through.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:37 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

heres what i do for radial masters, they have a LOT of power so you shouldn't ever need to use a vaccuum bleeder, in fact vaccuum bleeders tend to not work as well because they pull fluid out instead of pushing it out...

anyway.. i hook up aquarium tubing from wal mart to the rear bleeder valve, then put the handbrake where i want it, make sure the resevoir is above the mc, make sure all the banjo bolts and valves on the mc are tight, then i fill the res and put the aquairum tubing in the bottle of brake fluid..

then what i like to do first is crack the bleeder valve, and push about 3 resevoirs worth of fluid through the mc not even closing it, just to get fluid running through it, i've pushed a LOT of huge air bubbles through this way and i've actually bled a radial master perfectly only using this method.

if i want to make sure there is no air in the system whatsoever i will then close the valve, pump it up, open it and pull the lever to the bars, close the valve, and pump it up again and repeat that for 2 or 3 more resevoirs full of fluid...

then i like to sit and pop the lever with my finger really quick with short strokes for like 5 minutes with the resevoir cap off, and make sure theres no air on that side of the system...

my handbrake is solid, ask anyone thats used mine, it never loses pressure
Old 07-11-2006, 03:38 PM

adamsf is an unknown quantity at this point

have them streets ready for the sf homie...
see ya this weekend..

az
Old 07-11-2006, 03:40 PM

makes sense too...ill give that a try too.....

az
Old 07-11-2006, 04:13 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by adamsf
have them streets ready for the sf homie...
see ya this weekend..

az
bonus we'll see ya there and tell DJ he is a big pansy for not comin family reunion ppuuuffff
Old 07-11-2006, 04:17 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

haha adam is a stuntlife newbie
Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

keep bleeding

hold it at different angles while u do, to let any trapped air bubbles out
Old 07-11-2006, 04:27 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

bent rotor will make it go spongey again too........but you should notice it in your rear foot brake too.

Radials are a pain to bleed, but I know I have had air bubbles in the rear master too......bled the rear mastrer by itself, using the line and reservoir for the handbrake as the reservoir.....then bled through the rear caliper, then finished bleeding at the master

that worked better for me, but i never could get the master to mount, so I got a Ducati clutch master......I like it better and its alot easier to bleed!
Old 07-11-2006, 04:35 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
heres what i do for radial masters, they have a LOT of power so you shouldn't ever need to use a vaccuum bleeder, in fact vaccuum bleeders tend to not work as well because they pull fluid out instead of pushing it out...

anyway.. i hook up aquarium tubing from wal mart to the rear bleeder valve, then put the handbrake where i want it, make sure the resevoir is above the mc, make sure all the banjo bolts and valves on the mc are tight, then i fill the res and put the aquairum tubing in the bottle of brake fluid..

then what i like to do first is crack the bleeder valve, and push about 3 resevoirs worth of fluid through the mc not even closing it, just to get fluid running through it, i've pushed a LOT of huge air bubbles through this way and i've actually bled a radial master perfectly only using this method.

if i want to make sure there is no air in the system whatsoever i will then close the valve, pump it up, open it and pull the lever to the bars, close the valve, and pump it up again and repeat that for 2 or 3 more resevoirs full of fluid...

then i like to sit and pop the lever with my finger really quick with short strokes for like 5 minutes with the resevoir cap off, and make sure theres no air on that side of the system...

my handbrake is solid, ask anyone thats used mine, it never loses pressure
EXCELLENT!!!! Description!!!! :YEAH
Old 07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

sounds to me like the reservoir is placed wrong
Old 07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

u can put the res any were as long as its over the mc
Old 07-11-2006, 04:54 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of people think that when you first put the Handbrakes/Front Brakes together and you fill it with fresh fluid you need to pump the lever like 50 times... you don't. Even if your handbrake has ZERO pressure in the lever, it really does you just can't feel it. You only need to pump the lever about 5 times, hold the lever closed, and open the bleeder valve. Pumping it 50 times does nothing but waste time... pump 5, hold lever closed, open bleeder (let out air) close bleeder. Repeat! I did this on my 929 all the friggin time and I can bleed my system in less than 10 minutes, and thats including a quick ride around the block to knock any bubbles loose and one more quick bleed check!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:33 PM

jdridin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skidmark
+1... install it the way you're gonna use it, then bleed it. Tap the MC itself a few times with yer finger or something harder while bleeding it to free up any tiny airbubbles. Don't bother bleeding from the MC, I only bleed mine from the rear caliper and it works every time. Only use the hand MC to pump fluid too, not the foot MC. I've installed a few different ones all with good results so I know I'm doing it right, and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes (5 to 15) once you get the fluid flowing through.

Exactly, good luck Dan.

Peace Justin
Old 07-11-2006, 06:02 PM

actually i was posting under is name.. so i created mine real quick...
but thanks for all the input, im about to try it again.. you guys are the ****...motorcycle braniacs....:YEAH

lata,
az
Old 07-11-2006, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by adamsf
actually i was posting under is name.. so i created mine real quick...
but thanks for all the input, im about to try it again.. you guys are the ****...motorcycle braniacs....:YEAH

lata,
az
jsut like someone from STL take take soooooo long to create their own name on here.........pffffftt.......potheads
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 PM

Guru is a decent person

hey hey hey STL is .......

wait what are we talkin about now??

**** i burned myself with the blunt.

AZ figure it out so you can help me put mine on!!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:19 PM
*#%@!

Hinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to all

I noticed on mine if I pinched the tube that goes to the res. cup a few times while the master is right side up there was air traped in the tube.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Big Guru
hey hey hey STL is .......

wait what are we talkin about now??

**** i burned myself with the blunt.

AZ figure it out so you can help me put mine on!!
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha
puff puff pass fool........that way you don't burn your own fingers!

and as for the tube.......use clear tubing to your reservoir, you can see airbubbles if they are there.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:32 PM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha
puff puff pass fool........that way you don't burn your own fingers!

and as for the tube.......use clear tubing to your reservoir, you can see airbubbles if they are there.

just come down here and help me put mine on
Old 07-11-2006, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Big Guru
just come down here and help me put mine on
I come out to STL once a year.........if you can wait til then I'll help ya out......see ya in September

You're welcome to come to KC though, I gots 2 tests on Friday, so I'm gonna need to ride saturday and sunday to erase all that worthless info from my brain!

Quick Reply: brembo master cylinder help...