Full fairings with DB bars..

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:56 AM

c.m.c steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Full fairings with DB bars..

Originally Posted by foxswank
I got the FI clamps and Scary Gary bars from HAI. Does anybody know if I need the support bar with the Scary Gary Renthal bars?? I am asking cause they didn't come with it.
no mine didnt come with a support bar either
Old 07-10-2006, 02:37 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

any1 who hates on db bars can take my crooked ones,place 1 end on the ground and sit on the other, but yeah, guilty...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7929.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	175243  
Old 07-10-2006, 02:44 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
people put dirt bike parts on there sportbikes so they can be better at stunting that just makes me sick
YOU JUST STUNT TO BE COOL DONT YOU GLAMOR STUNTER
Old 07-10-2006, 03:29 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DLish
any1 who hates on db bars can take my crooked ones,place 1 end on the ground and sit on the other, but yeah, guilty...
/\ /\ /\ bwahahahahahahaahahahahaaha

I got a spare set in my car if that doesn't work for em!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM

mikkee is a decent person

I'm not hating on those who use them.. I personally don't like them only cuz it takes away from the sportbike look, and makes it look like, well.... a freaking dirtbike.

All BS aside - those who rock DB bars why did u switch from your stock clip on set up to DB bars anyways? I just see no reason to take my clip-ons of and make my bike look like a DB to stunt.. Just seems unessesary.. Someone enlighten me please..
Old 07-10-2006, 04:06 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

the swich em cuz they **** at stuntin and need help
Old 07-10-2006, 04:07 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikkee
I'm not hating on those who use them.. I personally don't like them only cuz it takes away from the sportbike look, and makes it look like, well.... a freaking dirtbike.

All BS aside - those who rock DB bars why did u switch from your stock clip on set up to DB bars anyways? I just see no reason to take my clip-ons of and make my bike look like a DB to stunt.. Just seems unessesary.. Someone enlighten me please..

cause some people rode dirtbikes their whole lives.. like me... the dirtbike bars make you feel more comfortable...
me personally i wanted db handlebars for my bike.... whatever you feel comfortable with ride it...
Old 07-10-2006, 04:14 PM

jg101 is an unknown quantity at this point

+1:YEAH
Old 07-10-2006, 04:20 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

becuase i am one unflexable son of a b1tch
Old 07-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by lyons
cause some people rode dirtbikes their whole lives.. like me... the dirtbike bars make you feel more comfortable...
me personally i wanted db handlebars for my bike.... whatever you feel comfortable with ride it...

+1
Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

all about comfort here
Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
the swich em cuz they **** at stuntin and need help
and let me guess... your the fvckin man right?
Old 07-10-2006, 04:45 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

rode dirtbikes, atv's since I was 3 years old.....got my first streetbike, and was uncomfortable on it........even just riding from A to B......DB bars feel more at home to me...........but then again, Clip-Ons on top the triple that are flipped and turned out......well they feel about the same to me!

/\ so are the clip-ons that are flipped and pushed out gay too? Cause I thought Darius and Mana were running lower rise DB bars until I saw a video with a closer view of his clip-ons!

I like the full fairing look, and have thought about getting turned out aftermarket clip-ons, but I already have enough money in my DB bar setup.......so why switch now when I'm used to what I have and I'm comfortable with it?
Old 07-10-2006, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
rode dirtbikes, atv's since I was 3 years old.....got my first streetbike, and was uncomfortable on it........even just riding from A to B......DB bars feel more at home to me...........but then again, Clip-Ons on top the triple that are flipped and turned out......well they feel about the same to me!

/\ so are the clip-ons that are flipped and pushed out gay too? Cause I thought Darius and Mana were running lower rise DB bars until I saw a video with a closer view of his clip-ons!

I like the full fairing look, and have thought about getting turned out aftermarket clip-ons, but I already have enough money in my DB bar setup.......so why switch now when I'm used to what I have and I'm comfortable with it?
Because u just said u like the full faring look and turned out clip-ons feel the same.. Sell your DB set up and make your streetbike look like a streetbike if that's what u say u would like..
Old 07-10-2006, 05:19 PM

I'm still not convinced and am going to put it like this..

If your not flexiable stretch..

If you want comfort buy a cruiser..

If you like the feel of your dirtbike or ATV go ride that..

What if I only rode streetbikes all my life, got a dirtbike and put streetbike clip-ons on it??? I'm thinking a little critisizm and a few WTF's would be coming my way.. ha ha

The only thing I ever rode was a streetbike which the first time was 3 yrs ago.. I didn't feel comfortable on it at first of course cuz it was all new to me, but eventually I adapted. Also for some reason it feels natural to do circles to the right, but I practiced enough going to the left and taught my self another way and now from practice feels natural.

Still not convinced and still think it's unessesary but u DB bar guys have fun and happy riding..
Old 07-10-2006, 06:30 PM

take away from sportbike look would be streetfightered bikes not db
Old 07-10-2006, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by c.m.c steve
take away from sportbike look would be streetfightered bikes not db
So your saying a full faring streetbike w/ DB bars looks normal then.. I think it sticks out like a sore thumb and makes u think WTF... why????

Like I said in my post above yours. You DB bar riders do what u got to do and happy riding.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:59 PM

So your saying a full faring streetbike w/ DB bars looks normal then.. I think it sticks out like a sore thumb and makes u think WTF... why????

Like I said in my post above yours. You DB bar riders do what u got to do and happy riding.
he said streetfighter not ff w/ db bars.....

BIG DIFFERENCE
Old 07-10-2006, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by f4stunna
he said streetfighter not ff w/ db bars.....

BIG DIFFERENCE
No kidding

What he said was, "take away from sportbike look would be streetfightered bikes not db."

Which means he thinks that a streetfightered bike takes away from the "sportbike look,"which of course it does duh.... but the DB bars don't??? I disagreed because having a full faring bike w/ DB bars doesn't look right.

I thought this thread was about FF w/ dirtbike bars?? That is the title of the thread right?? Anyways..... cry on...
Old 07-10-2006, 07:35 PM

ok so stick to your ff clip ons, and when ur back, wrists and upper stay and plastics keep breaking, have fun riding

Quick Reply: Full fairings with DB bars..