WTF racing 905...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down WTF racing 905...

I recently picked up a Racing 905 cage for my 00 zx6r. I have rode without a cage but it was stupid stuff like burnout combos, rolling burnouts, and burnout circles...etc etc... Just so we had some good burnout footage on film. Well i finally got my Pro Tapers and 905 cage and installed them on Friday. I hadn’t ridden idle in like 3 weeks and before that i was only ridden it for about a week, i had three sessions in being able to ride idle. So I went out to the spot today and was riding some slow stand-ups and got a few scrapes in and decided to start working on idle. Well i did get 2 up for a decent amount of time and then i stalled the 3 one i tried and flipped over the bars. The front tire kind of rolled up my thigh and back down. The bike barely fell over and my shifter side rearset broke AND the stator cover hit the ground a lil bit. I’m just pissed that the cage doesn’t allow clearance for the rearsets and I’m surprised that the case can still hit the pavement too. I built a FI style cage and i had no problems until it got so bent up i couldn’t take it off or put it back on without headaches. Bottom line is im modifying this cage so it clears the rearsets and so the case wont hit. I also hear these things like to let the bike roll over. well that’s getting fixed too.

Pro tapers held up well tho!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: WTF racing 905...

YEah that cage or most for that fact won't safe rearsets. Eventually you'll have to cut that thing off if you have some hard drops. I broke 2 rearsets in a span of 2 weeks.. I switched to woodcraft and i haven't had a problem since.

Last edited by T-Dubby; 07-08-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:18 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
Eventually you'll have to cut that thing off if you have some hard drops.
Yes u will. I went through 5 905 cages one time long ago. had to cut off 3 of them.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mikkee
Yes u will. I went through 5 905 cages one time long ago. had to cut off 3 of them.
Yeah i'm not going to go through them again... I don't like having to call 5 thousand times and not get an answer. I'm trying F.I right now. I want to try the new Messeraul one with the springs in the sliders
Old 07-08-2006, 09:32 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I want to try the new Messeraul one with the springs in the sliders
Lemme know how that goes.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

I was thinking about modifying it and putting Wastegate springs (really heavy springs for turbo cars). My buddy builds turbop manifolds and i can get these olds used ones for next to nothing and they are abou tthe same diameter as the pipe im going to modify it with.

Woodcraft huh? I think i gonna fab up steel ones.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:33 PM

I want to try the new Messeraul one with the springs in the sliders
Get that one not the FI for your 636.. FI's designs work best for the F4i - I hear a lot about broken motor mounts with FI on gixxers, 636, 929 and others with similar motor mounts on the frame..
Old 07-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by mikkee
Get that one not the FI for your 636.. FI's designs work best for the F4i - I hear a lot about broken motor mounts with FI on gixxers, 636, 929 and others with similar motor mounts on the frame..
Hmmm i might take my brand new mint F.I off and sell it.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Yeah i'm not going to go through them again... I don't like having to call 5 thousand times and not get an answer. I'm trying F.I right now. I want to try the new Messeraul one with the springs in the sliders
Link me up. i tried googling it and nothing came up.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by vettjd01
Link me up. i tried googling it and nothing came up.
http://allout-performance.com/xcart/...cat=256&page=1
Old 07-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Brap

Guess it's only out for F4i right now
Old 07-08-2006, 09:43 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

YEah that cage or most for that fact won't safe rearsets. Eventually you'll have to cut that thing off if you have some hard drops. I broke 2 rearsets in a span of 2 weeks.. I switched to woodcraft and i haven't had a problem since.
Do they have folding pegs? That's the only reason I haven't gone aftermarket. I don't want a solid 1/2" piece of aluminum sticking into me if I loop a stoppie.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by NME
I don't want a solid 1/2" piece of aluminum sticking into me if I loop a stoppie.
And thats the truth right thurr...and no they do not fold. from what i see onthe website.

Disturbed: do the woodcraft still hit the ground and a re stronger or do they just clear the ground completely.

Last edited by Vetter; 07-08-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:50 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=vettjd01]I recently picked up a Racing 905 cage for my 00 zx6r. I have rode without a cage but it was stupid stuff like burnout combos, rolling burnouts, and burnout circles...etc etc... Just so we had some good burnout footage on film. Well i finally got my Pro Tapers and 905 cage and installed them on Friday. I hadn’t ridden idle in like 3 weeks and before that i was only ridden it for about a week, i had three sessions in being able to ride idle. So I went out to the spot today and was riding some slow stand-ups and got a few scrapes in and decided to start working on idle. Well i did get 2 up for a decent amount of time and then i stalled the 3 one i tried and flipped over the bars. The front tire kind of rolled up my thigh and back down. The bike barely fell over and my shifter side rearset broke AND the stator cover hit the ground a lil bit. I’m just pissed that the cage doesn’t allow clearance for the rearsets and I’m surprised that the case can still hit the pavement too. I built a FI style cage and i had no problems until it got so bent up i couldn’t take it off or put it back on without headaches. Bottom line is im modifying this cage so it clears the rearsets and so the case wont hit. I also hear these things like to let the bike roll over. well that’s getting fixed too.
check pm's
Old 07-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by NME
Do they have folding pegs? That's the only reason I haven't gone aftermarket. I don't want a solid 1/2" piece of aluminum sticking into me if I loop a stoppie.
No they don't but they're round pegs. Idunno if that matters.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Brap

And thats the truth right thurr...and no they do not fold. from what i see onthe website.

Disturbed: do the woodcraft still hit the ground and a re stronger or do they just clear the ground completely.
They still hit but they're hella strong
Old 07-09-2006, 12:54 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

if you make steel rearsets for the zx6r you will just break the frame
Old 07-09-2006, 01:15 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

its almost like you should get a cage where the rearsets dont hit...?? check pm's... lol
Old 07-09-2006, 01:17 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

flat tire avitar
damn man, are you running 1 PSI of pressure in ur rear tire?
Old 07-09-2006, 03:54 AM

Hmmm i might take my brand new mint F.I off and sell it.
It's a good thought, but just to make sure, put your thinking cap on for a minute and take a good look at the cage design..... Even lean it over on the cage and tell me where the direct impact hits on the cage..... Small drops will be ok, but any pancake drops... well I just don't think streetbikes were made to take 400+lbs plus the force of the crash directly to a tabed motor mount.... There are better designs to choose from that don't do that..

Quick Reply: WTF racing 905...