WTF racing 905...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:14 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person
Re: WTF racing 905...

the frames on the new gixxers hold up way better than the old frames. way better.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:24 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

yet another post bashing a cage company.........if you don't want to break your bike, don't keep droping it!! don't slander a company that supports our sport.....go overseas and try to buy a stunt bike cage---they don't make them.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:50 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

All im saying is a BARELY dropped the *****. And it broke. Period. End of story. In my OPINION (since we are in the USA.) cages should be made to protect 1. The engine covers... and 2. the rearsets. Im sorry im not a pro rider and yes, god forbid, i drop my **** on stupid *** wrecks. Im sorry im not asked to goto china or where-the-f*ck-ever to ride for free. And yes, im going to let the riders know what to buy and not to buy.

sorry for the truth.

-vetter
Old 07-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ryan S
go overseas and try to buy a stunt bike cage---they don't make them.
at least theyd do it right.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:22 AM

ratfink1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

glad i got the powers cage
Old 07-09-2006, 06:29 AM

geez holy flip out guy.....i'm just saying you didn't have to make a whole thread bashing a company which does bend over backwards for stunters....did you call aaron up and ask him if he could help solve the problem?
Old 07-09-2006, 10:21 AM

GSXRMON can only hope to improve

go with the powers cage, works awesome!!!!:YEAH
Old 07-09-2006, 11:11 AM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Originally Posted by vettjd01
All im saying is a BARELY dropped the *****. And it broke. Period. End of story. In my OPINION (since we are in the USA.) cages should be made to protect 1. The engine covers... and 2. the rearsets. Im sorry im not a pro rider and yes, god forbid, i drop my **** on stupid *** wrecks. Im sorry im not asked to goto china or where-the-f*ck-ever to ride for free. And yes, im going to let the riders know what to buy and not to buy.

sorry for the truth.

-vetter

im thinking your gay right about now. you must have really dropped it hard as **** to bend it that much..ive never had a 905 do that after one drop? if your cage design worked so well then go use that one again.....RACING 905 FOR LIFE FUKKKKKKKAS
Old 07-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by Ryan S
geez holy flip out guy.....i'm just saying you didn't have to make a whole thread bashing a company which does bend over backwards for stunters....did you call aaron up and ask him if he could help solve the problem?
No. im gonna say right before i made that drunken mad post i had just gotten in a huge fight with my girl. my bad. but in all honesty it pretty much did just fall over. which the stator cover is fine so i gues it could be worse. I have a welder and ill just modify during the week and send them pics for some good product feedback. np. Sorry for the comment about you going to china to ride. That was pretty fcked up on my part.

Jager + mintyfresh keg + crazybeotches = me getting mad and posting.

Last edited by Vetter; 07-09-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

racing 905 is better than your bike......please don't buy another 905 cage dude...its too good for you...you need a mxd or FI.....those are more your style .......garbage
Old 07-10-2006, 12:08 AM

Crashcage, Inc. is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been building cages for about 8 months now and all I can say is the 905 cages are Poor in all aspects. They use cheap tubes, bad welders, and the design is not so good. I have tested them out and as you all say the bike will roll over. Take a look at my cages and see what some R and D can do. Here is a link for some pics.
http://www.dsfriders.com/cci.html
Old 07-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

You'll brake rearsets with any cage i'm sure.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:16 AM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vettjd01
I was thinking about modifying it and putting Wastegate springs (really heavy springs for turbo cars). My buddy builds turbop manifolds and i can get these olds used ones for next to nothing and they are abou tthe same diameter as the pipe im going to modify it with.

Woodcraft huh? I think i gonna fab up steel ones.
In my experience w/turbo's u are prolly better off just using valve springs.... the wastegate springs arent too stiff.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 AM

Crashcage, Inc. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
You'll brake rearsets with any cage i'm sure.
Ya you will if they hit before the cage does, That is why I say R and D. With my cage the peg does not hit at all.:YEAH
Old 07-10-2006, 12:45 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i dropped my 04 750 with a 905 cage on it a bunch and i nver broke rearsets, as a matter of fact 2 weeks ago i lost a seat stander at 55mph and the bike flipped nearly 10 feet in the air over the back of an oncomming car and i didnt break a rearset. broke both rims my subframe of course, my bars and the cage bent on both sides. not bad for the insane tumble it took. 905 is a good cage, you cant make a cage so strong that it will never brake or your going to brake what it connects to like your frame. i think kawi rearsets are known to be weak anyway so i wouldnt blame the cage. if your a stunter u shouldnt be *****ing about braking **** anyway, its the evenflow of things, break **** fix ****.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:50 AM

i try not to sound like a **** on here, but sometimes my posts can be misunderstood...we as americans are seriously lucky to have companies building cages and trying to improve them, no matter what cage you have, you will still break parts depending on the circumstance.....i rarely break rearsets on my 636, i've NEVER busted a case with any cage.....right now i don't have a cage on this bike i'm riding and i'm hating it....i just busted a case cover from a stupid seat stander stall on some coble stone that i was riding on (just wanted to see if i could do circles on junk *** coblestone LOL) if i had a cage there would have been no problem, pick her up and continue on my way.......

aaron is among one of the guys such as moto heaven and full throttle that are looking constantly to improving products and helping stunt riders out...look at how many people are sponsored by these companies----they never get a chance to rest....much props
Old 07-10-2006, 02:27 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i dropped my 04 750 with a 905 cage on it a bunch and i nver broke rearsets, as a matter of fact 2 weeks ago i lost a seat stander at 55mph and the bike flipped nearly 10 feet in the air over the back of an oncomming car and i didnt break a rearset. broke both rims my subframe of course, my bars and the cage bent on both sides. not bad for the insane tumble it took. 905 is a good cage, you cant make a cage so strong that it will never brake or your going to brake what it connects to like your frame. i think kawi rearsets are known to be weak anyway so i wouldnt blame the cage. if your a stunter u shouldnt be *****ing about braking **** anyway, its the evenflow of things, break **** fix ****.
Yeah i'm not *****ing about breaking ****. Kawi's rearsets are junk so i spend the extra money and got aftermarket ones. No problems since.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 AM

i broke a couple on the stator cover side...i welded the triangle solid and haven't had a problem since...i've talked to a couple people that run aftermarket rearsets and say the never break.....i didn't know how that could be possible, i thought that have a peg that folded up would help tremendously from breaking the rearset.....not true, i droped my bike pretty hard today with aftermarket rearsets and they didn't even bend! vertical joe told me that you can bend them back if they bend on you too.....
Old 07-10-2006, 10:27 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Powers makes a good cage for the 636!!! You will NOT get the broken rear sets or roll, it doesn't hurt your chins like the 905.

Last edited by FrankieG; 07-10-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:37 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Ive got beef with 905 too.....I think for the money they charge for their cages, they should take alot more abuse then they do.....From what Ive experienced they take one big hit and thats it, other cages like Powers and MXD take alot more and are the same price generally. I personally use MXD and sure they eventaully get mashed but they take alot more abuse, and Ive never had to cut one off......The designs are all basically the same so I can only guess its the tubing their using and their welds, becaue their tubes bend and their welds split....

This is what Im used to seeing with 905 (Brand new cage takes 1 good hit and its finished)

Quick Reply: WTF racing 905...