What kind of brake pads do you guys use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:10 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold
Re: What kind of brake pads do you guys use?

except for bouncing, all the force applied to the bike to raise the rear in a stoppie is transfered through those 4 bolts. so stunters are probably harder on em than anybody. bolts are cheap. If you remember to get em(the biggest PITA) and a few bucks, why NOT replace em? If you're gonna do the job, do it right IMO. I wouldn't think twice about patching a front tire on my truck but I wouldn't run a patched front on my bike, some people would. If I'm gonna take the front tire off to patch it, I might as well put a new tire on. that's just me. do what you want.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:17 PM

boostnm3 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dano
ha! i don't even do that, and i work on cars professionally

i just run galfer pads in the back, its a serious hassle to get honda parts around here( even levers), and they work great anyways.

haha wait, i didnt mean locktite on the caliper, i just thought about that, locktite on the bracket not the caliper, oh well i will get new bolts, no biggie
Old 07-12-2006, 09:35 AM

Charlie_L.929 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont ever use tuffstop is all i can say. i put them on my f4i and my brakes felt like ****. so i bled my lines hoping that would do it but after no success i took off my pads and the things were literally coming apart. it was unbelieveable. i only had them on for about 2 weeks. i like the stock pads or the ebc centered pads they seemed to work well for me.