WTF... Flips

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:41 PM

mikkee is a decent person
WTF... Flips

Okay I restarted this thread since everyone is getting off topic and thinks the previous thread is about acro bashing...IT'S NOT...

I'm not the guy who says bar tricks, handbrakes, circles, slo wheelies, cheater pegs, acros, etc are gay.. I enjoy all aspects of streetbike stunt riding, but I just think it's getting a little out of hand w/ tricks that don't really involve your bike much...

It just kind of sucks that not much credit is given for outstanding control and technicality, that we all have broken our bikes, bones, and bank accounts for... and in the end all anyone wants is a blown tire, broken bike, or a flip... I guess that's what it's going to take to get our foot in the door and push our great sport more into the publics eye. What I would like to see, and where I think the real challenge lies, is gaing the fan base that appreciates the technicalities in the sport.. For those riders on top that will be there when things get bigger, I'm challenging you to make it happen!

Does anyone think the tech. tricks will ever be admired by fans???
Old 07-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: WTF... Flips

Yeah think once the fans are educated enough it will be appreciated. Like myself for instance. I think the motocross freestyle is cool but I have no idea of the difficulty of the tricks. Only one too MY knowledge that I would think is hard is the backflip. With that said the shows you'd want to appeal to the crowd but the comps should be based solely on riding,acros, and stoppies. I myself strive to be a complete rider.

Last edited by T-Dubby; 07-07-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:42 PM

AllOut is an unknown quantity at this point

i posted in the other one
Old 07-07-2006, 01:54 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

mikkee...u got a point, fans dont appreciate anything stunt riders do, i dont know as a guy whos bene in a stunt show but i do know that when im doin it in parkin lots kids come up to me an say that its not hard... Fack the fans, if they dont know its difficult or think its easy, get on a bike an prove u can do whatever im doing.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:32 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

its been like this from the beginning
Old 07-07-2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
its been like this from the beginning
I know, but somehow I think it could change.

Back 3yrs ago when I could only do freeway wheelies, at the time didn't know sh*t about the break. (which now I think and am greatful I never ate it in a wheelie on the freeway at 70+!!!) When I saw 12's in person for the 1st time I thought it was dangerous just because of the explosive clutchups and being back so far...

I don't know, at that time when I didn't know, (just like the general spectator does) I guess I looked at things differently than the normal joe, and took into consideration that balancing a 450+lb bike at slo speeds, while about to flip over was difficult, and recognized the talent involved.. That's why I kind of got into stunting in the first place, and now I guess I'll admit, I'm a little butt hurt that no credit is given except from other stunters.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:20 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said in the last thread... COMPETITIONS=TECHNICAL, SHOWS=CROWD PLEASERS. We as stunters know that a high chair circle is amazingly hard, but the crowd doesn't know the difference from a seat stander circle and a high chair circle. Crowds love to see entertainment... if they wanted to watch someone do something slow and skillfully they'll go watch a House of Cards building contest. But since that $***$, people watch sports where we are on the ragged edge of killing ourselves. The average Joe doesn't know d$%k about this sport, but the average Joe pays your bills if you ride in shows... so my opinion, do what you want to do, but personally I like being an all around rider with an endless bag of tricks.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:42 PM

Now that I think about it the last few times I was watching skateboard halfpipe in the X-Games. I recall the TV announcers saying a certain 720 was very technical while replaying it in slo mo. I watched closely and it looked the same as the others and really couldn't pinpoint the technicallity.

Pretty much how a spectator isnt going to notice brake feathering/pumping, slipping the clutch etc. Most of u are right the spectator that doesn't ride a bike period will more than likely never be impressed with tech tricks. They are just watching in hope that you eat sh*t doing an acro trick, wreck your bike, make loud noises, blow smoke and pop tires. These people are more than likely the same people that are calling the cops on there cell phones while your wheelieing dn the street or kick u out and hire security in their parking lots. Guess the same people pay $$$$$ to see us in a show enviroment. Bastards!!

The more I think about it the only ones that will ever care about the tech. tricks are those sportbike riders that are still riding only on 2 wheels, watching closely, and are about to cross over the barrier of lifting wheels off the ground and joining the stuntrider family. There are our real fans that appreciate it all.

Last edited by mikkee; 07-07-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah just like that moto-X high jump in the x-games. All i know is that one guy is trying to get higher than the other. I have no clue as to how hard that is or easy.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:55 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ride for yourself, ride for love. anytime you put money into a situation you lose some of the love in some form. i would never ride in a competition, other than the practice part just so i could enjoy riding with others. i would never promote myself for ppl to come watch me ride, if ppl wanna see me ride theyll see how i like to ride, not how i think they wanna see me. riding is best when its about self expression. it loses some of its purity and fun when youre out there just trying to please ppl who dont understand how much you put into what you do. i guess im saying u shouldnt bring stress to your riding to please others, please yourself with your own riding.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:43 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
ride for yourself, ride for love. anytime you put money into a situation you lose some of the love in some form. i would never ride in a competition, other than the practice part just so i could enjoy riding with others. i would never promote myself for ppl to come watch me ride, if ppl wanna see me ride theyll see how i like to ride, not how i think they wanna see me. riding is best when its about self expression. it loses some of its purity and fun when youre out there just trying to please ppl who dont understand how much you put into what you do. i guess im saying u shouldnt bring stress to your riding to please others, please yourself with your own riding.
couldnt have said it better myself
Old 07-07-2006, 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=sdfkillz]ride for yourself, ride for love. anytime you put money into a situation you lose some of the love in some form. i would never ride in a competition, other than the practice part just so i could enjoy riding with others. i would never promote myself for ppl to come watch me ride, if ppl wanna see me ride theyll see how i like to ride, not how i think they wanna see me. riding is best when its about self expression. it loses some of its purity and fun when youre out there just trying to please ppl who dont understand how much you put into what you do. i guess im saying u shouldnt bring stress to your riding to please others, please yourself with your own riding.[/QUOTE]

Good post!!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

do shows in front of people who can't speak english and haven't seen sport bikes on two wheels let alone one LOL they like everything.....the best show you can put on is one that runs SMOOTHLY, less down time between stunts the better....it's hard as hell and you need a big bag of tricks, but that's how this sport is going to evolve, gotta be action packed.......i'm not down with the flips either, hell, i can't even do one on solid ground LOL
Old 07-08-2006, 03:49 AM

GodspeedGrl is an unknown quantity at this point

I appreciate anything and everything stunters do... as long as they're not being squidly or stupid... or suicidle.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:08 AM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GodspeedGrl
I appreciate anything and everything stunters do... as long as they're not being squidly or stupid... or suicidle.
+1
Old 07-08-2006, 09:39 AM

Bender is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome thread.

I agree crowds don't care for the technical stuff, do you guys build up to your technical tricks when you do shows?

I reckon looking at it from a person who didn't know "Stunting" very well, a fast wheelie is more dangerous than a slow one, but say you go from a fast wheelie then in the same wheelie slow it right down they can appericiate that more???

In a Show scenario If the vocal promoter on the mike is working the crowd you get much better results from them for technical tricks, esp if they are making comments on how technical the trick is and aspects of the bike eg 150hp, 190kg, power weight etc.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bender
Awesome thread.
In a Show scenario If the vocal promoter on the mike is working the crowd you get much better results from them for technical tricks, esp if they are making comments on how technical the trick is and aspects of the bike eg 150hp, 190kg, power weight etc.
Very true, that would help out a lot and let the spectators know exactly what a rider is doing! I like it! :YEAH
Old 07-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by mikkee
Very true, that would help out a lot and let the spectators know exactly what a rider is doing! I like it! :YEAH
Isn't that what they should be doing anyway?
Old 07-09-2006, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
Isn't that what they should be doing anyway?
I've been to a few where they will announce the trick name, but not get deep into what the rider is doing. I think that needs to be a new mandetory thing at comps and shows. Spectators and fans need to be edgimacated.

Doing this consistantly, I believe, may help open more doors for freestyle stuntriding..
Old 07-10-2006, 05:17 AM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Entertainment.......

Quick Reply: WTF... Flips