DB Bars...Big Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
DB Bars...Big Deal?

So what's the pros and cons of having DB bars? I read you get more leverage and you obviously have more room for the clutch/hb etc. How is the strength on them? Do you have problems with the handles snapping?
Old 07-06-2006, 01:39 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DB Bars...Big Deal?

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
So what's the pros and cons of having DB bars? I read you get more leverage and you obviously have more room for the clutch/hb etc. How is the strength on them? Do you have problems with the handles snapping?
wider stance=leverage (even after cutting them down), they sit higher, so balance point feels lower in endoes and wheelies, easier to mount clutch with handbrake

problems with bars snapping is the same as clip-ons, you'll be fine if you do it right. I run Pro Taper Contour bars, dropped and flipped an endo also and they are damn near the same as when I took them outta the box.....except for the 1/4" I ground off the end of one side!

run crappy bars and they will bend easier and break easier.....but they won't be as cheap to replace as Vortex's clip-ons.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Thanks.. i'm going to be in the market for an F4i when I come back and I thought i'd give them a try and keep my Kawi stock
Old 07-06-2006, 02:31 PM

Thanks.. i'm going to be in the market for an F4i when I come back and I thought i'd give them a try and keep my Kawi stock
get a 600RR.....03-04 prolly, stronger subframes (over a 4 lb. difference) ,....everybody is on the F4i bandwagon and they feel like pigs compared to my bike, so they'll prolly feel about the same to you too. If I didn't already have money wrapped up in my custom triple and heavier fork springs and all that I would have gotten a 1000RR front end and THEN gotten the triple and DB bars...........that would be a great set-up for that bike!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
get a 600RR.....03-04 prolly, stronger subframes (over a 4 lb. difference) ,....everybody is on the F4i bandwagon and they feel like pigs compared to my bike, so they'll prolly feel about the same to you too. If I didn't already have money wrapped up in my custom triple and heavier fork springs and all that I would have gotten a 1000RR front end and THEN gotten the triple and DB bars...........that would be a great set-up for that bike!
Be more expensive to come across a 600rr though I think.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Brap

How do they hold up though? Cause when I get back i have to learn all over and I plan on hitting it pretty hard. I'd use my kawi but i'm not buying another frame again
Old 07-06-2006, 04:16 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

depends on how your bike falls.. any hard hit is gonna bend ****... but i would rather replace a $45 dirt bike bar than $80 clip ons... some of the pro taper **** is pretty sturdy..
Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC
depends on how your bike falls.. any hard hit is gonna bend ****... but i would rather replace a $45 dirt bike bar than $80 clip ons... some of the pro taper **** is pretty sturdy..
i'm not worried about dropping the bike. In Stuntusa street sessions this dude comes down hard from a spreader and it looked like the bar snapped. I just worrya bout them snapping when I come down from a wheelie.. Also, do they strip easy like bike handlebars?
Old 07-06-2006, 05:01 PM

How do they hold up though? Cause when I get back i have to learn all over and I plan on hitting it pretty hard. I'd use my kawi but i'm not buying another frame again
I've had some NASTY drops in the lot, a drop on the highway, and flipped an endo.......I had a cheaper sets of 1-1/8" bars made by LongHorn(a rocky mountain mc company I think) and they held up good for quite awhile but started to bend(about 1/4" overall)........thats when I got a set of ProTaper Contours, they were like $65 SHIPPED and they have been through a couple decently hard drops and when I flipped the endo, and they are 100% straight right now. If you are worried about it, just get an extra set of DB bars, drill where the peg would be for the throttle housing on both bars and just keep it as an extra.

Be more expensive to come across a 600rr though I think.
you would be surprised, F4i's are popular enough for stunt riders they are getting $5000 for some 2001-2002's that are in good shape........you can prolly find an 03-04 600RR for less than that as long as you aren't looking for one with 300 miles, never dropped,....blah blah blah

Here shortly I'll be rockin out on a 1000RR also with about $5500-6500 total invested in it. They came out in 04. Hit salvage auctions, get in tight with a salvage yard owner or anyone who might have a salvage liscense and get him to let you use his salvage liscense to pick up bikes. You may just go ahead and get a liter bike while you're at it!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:02 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

i'm not worried about dropping the bike. In Stuntusa street sessions this dude comes down hard from a spreader and it looked like the bar snapped. I just worrya bout them snapping when I come down from a wheelie.. Also, do they strip easy like bike handlebars?

I woulden't worry about em snapping

hell they are built for dirt bikes, hitting 80+ foot jumps with ease
Old 07-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Brap

Cool thanks guys for your opinions.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:21 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

dirtbars pros = better endos and stuff but the cons is it makes u a raging ****** for running them..and turns your STREETBIKE into a parking lot machine.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
dirtbars pros = better endos and stuff but the cons is it makes u a raging ****** for running them..and turns your STREETBIKE into a parking lot machine.
Well if I did have db bars. I'll have 2 bikes so one for the lots and one for street
Old 07-06-2006, 05:31 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

and turns your STREETBIKE into a parking lot machine.

Whys that?

I'v never rode one with db bars except for a stock Fz1.. But i'v heard people say DB bars are much more comfortable for street riding then clip on's..?

edit: either way my personal opinion is db bars belong on street fighters (not wrecked bikes with no plastic) and clip-ons belong on a full fairing bike
Old 07-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Janitor "clean up stalls"

faster321 is an unknown quantity at this point

they look sooo ugly on FF bikes, sorr RRC but they do..... now streetfighters they look alittle better but look soo gay on FF bikes... i like the way doodle said it...
Old 07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Brap

Well everyone has opinions i remember people saying HB's were gay and it was lame to be running one and now everyone has one. Without HBs you wouldn't be seeing these sick O combos and HC Os
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

thats not totally true..
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person

DB Bars :YEAH
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stuntwars 06 5 (Medium).jpg
Views:	32
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	174845  
Old 07-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by Ho_Hey
DB Bars :YEAH
Yeah i saw your review on HAI
Old 07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

INSTANT ENDO KILLIN' ******!!! JUST ADD MX BARS!!!

WILL ALSO CAUSE RECTAL BLEEDING, LOSS OF HAIR, STRANGE DESIRE TO BE AN INTERRIOR DECORATOR AND A SUDDEN UNEXPLAINABLE ACCEPTANCE OF RAINBOWS....

kEEP RUNNIN YOUR STRAP-ONS....

Quick Reply: DB Bars...Big Deal?