WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 PM

mikkee is a decent person
WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Lately I've seen a lot of flips and handstand crap put into streetbike stunting.

My thoughts on this is, if you want to do flips and handstands, go buy some spandex and go join the gymnastics team, or maybe nextime any of you do a show, just park the bikes, bring out the uneven bars, balance beam and do your fairy flips to entertain the croud...

I just think streetbike stunts should consist of how u can balance your bike on 1 wheel using the gas, brake, and clutch. Not to count out all other acros that I believe should be done (switchback, gorilla roll to rear skitch, christ, elevator, spinderella etc.) I just think the flips need to go. 2cent

What are your opinions??

Last edited by mikkee; 07-05-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:49 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future
Re: WTF is up with the flips and handstands

I cant do a flip. If I could I would.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

moving watch tower + back flip = sick.. kickstand back flip = cool for 12 and under age group.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:09 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: WTF is up with the flips and handstands

T-ice wears spandex and still cant do a frontflip.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:12 PM

jg101 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it gets the crowed juiced F-it need the crowed to elevate the sport
Old 07-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah that's just crowd stuff. I can do flips so i'm going to start working on stuff with that just for show stuff.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:18 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
hahahaha excellent.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:19 PM

hedgy is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree,it looks like circus horse tricks.next there will be juggling or plate spinning.i also think two up stunts are total ****,some gimp holding their arms out like a magicians helper.all they need is a drumroll and a few clowns.
pro european stunters used to be like that until american street style riders made them look totally gay with their matching leathers and open face lids waving continually to the crowd like retards.
keep it street,american riders are always more exciting to watch in my view..keeping it freestyle..like punk V pop.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by jg101
If it gets the crowed juiced F-it need the crowed to elevate the sport
I think revlimiter tricks/burnouts, high endos, highspeed scrapes and many other tricks using your bike pumps up the croud enough.

How bout hire a gymnist to do flips up and down the fence line while the stunters ride.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:28 PM
El Mas Puto Del Lugar

GeRiGiXXeR600 is a decent person

agree. flips & backflips sucks
Old 07-05-2006, 04:28 PM

ezvx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikkee
Lately I've seen a lot of flips and handstand crap put into streetbike stunting.

My thoughts on this is, if you want to do flips and handstands, go buy some spandex and go join the gymnastics team, or maybe nextime any of you do a show, just park the bikes, bring out the uneven bars, balance beam and do your fairy flips to entertain the croud...

I just think streetbike stunts should consist of how u can balance your bike on 1 wheel using the gas, brake, and clutch. Not to count out all other acros that I believe should be done (switchback, gorilla roll to rear skitch, christ, elevator, spinderella etc.) I just think the flips need to go. 2cent

What are your opinions??
everyone has there own style why dont u do u your own thing and let the people who do flips do theres some people like flips some dont if u dont why dont u keep it to yourself
Old 07-05-2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ezvx
everyone has there own style why dont u do u your own thing and let the people who do flips do theres some people like flips some dont if u dont why dont u keep it to yourself
Doing flips isn't a style of streetbike stuntriding. Style is the flare that sets off riders doing the same trick but at the same time is totally different because of their "style," which can't really be duplicated. I'm still not convinced. That's just my opinion though.

There is a sport for flips and it's called: GYMNASTICS

Also this is a public forum where everyone has a right to their opinion, which even includes you.. Thanks for your input..

Last edited by mikkee; 07-05-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Blue light means go?

Evan is an unknown quantity at this point

just park the bikes, bring out the uneven bars, balance beam and do your fairy flips to entertain the croud...
Lol

-E
Old 07-05-2006, 05:05 PM
jab

jab is an unknown quantity at this point

I think doing a flip of the bike at the endd is kinda lame, but I would love to see someone pull some flips and land it on the bike and keep the show going. Like watchtower backflip to seatstander without setting the front wheel down, just push it off the bar when you start the flip, land seatstander and hit the gas to keep it up!! Lets see it.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:29 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

What are your opinions??
this is funny coming from a guy who is talking aboot balance on 1 wheel with the brake clutch and gas, and he has his foot on the ground doin a simple sit down?? i don't think that is balance? i think you should evaluate what you are typing before you bash on the progression(?) of our lil hobby........
Old 07-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Flips are FIB
Old 07-05-2006, 05:31 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton

Aaron colton does Frog to Front Flip to leg stab with lever............
Old 07-05-2006, 05:36 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by unknownrider
this is funny coming from a guy who is talking aboot balance on 1 wheel with the brake clutch and gas, and he has his foot on the ground doin a simple sit down?? i don't think that is balance? i think you should evaluate what you are typing before you bash on the progression(?) of our lil hobby........
+1
as far as entertaining non-stunt people, acros are where its at, if you can do difficult acros, flips/gorilla rolls/elevator/de-activator/etc, you are a more complete show rider.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:36 PM

Ando is an unknown quantity at this point

can can's and other such tricks came from bmx
Old 07-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by aw0n0
+1
as far as entertaining non-stunt people, acros are where its at, if you can do difficult acros, flips/gorilla rolls/elevator/de-activator/etc, you are a more complete show rider.
I agree with that. I'd only learn that stuff so I wouldn't be one sided.

Quick Reply: WTF is up with the flips and handstands