WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:37 AM

mikkee is a decent person
Re: WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Originally Posted by hedgy
if the bike aint moving it aint a trick,thats why it has that enginy thingy and those round rubber things.
Mikee likes it!! :YEAH

Last edited by mikkee; 07-07-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Hedgy... you are just retarded. Bar none!

Mikkee... so you say that balancing on 1 wheel is more impressive and not "gay" like doing acros? So you are telling me it doesn't take any balance to do an elevator? How about elevator to high chair? How about elevator to skitch up to christ? I think every single one of those takes amazing balance.... how do I know this?? B/c I've done them all and it's harder than it looks to do those consistantly time after time again. Personally, I ride for 2 reasons: 1) I enjoy this sport and it takes me away from everything else, and 2) to do something other people can't do in turn impressing them.

So if you think b/c a guy does a front flip off a bike and it parks on the kick stand, and his run was all acros with a crowning moment as a dismount... try looking at his entire run b/c I'm sure it wasn't full all acros. Like many have said, acros break up a run that is routine.... SHOWS = CROWD PLEASERS, COMPETITION = TECHNICALITY. The XDL show contained very little acros during the main run, you had to be precise and on point with your stunts. Now individual freestyle is where you find out those who have bags of tricks other than all stunts.

Besides... almost all the people I know who knock acros, don't have the ***** to try an elevator or even leave their seat. If you truly compete in shows, good luck man... b/c your shows will get old after about the first 5 mins when you've run out of circles, seat standers, burn outs and high chairs.
Look at the thread starting first post on page 1.. I specifically said I'm not bashing on acros. READ next time...

Last edited by mikkee; 07-07-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:19 PM

Delete

Last edited by mikkee; 07-07-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:34 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unknownrider
Yes i do ride, and you are correct, i can not do a foot down sit down, if you are calling that a variation you have just made my day, do you call it a four wheeler wheelie? my bad, its more like a three wheeler, back on topic tho, you might not like it but it is new tricks, crowds love that stuff, i know nuthing of you or your riding, but if you have any show expierience you will know about tricks called crowd pleasers, crowds don't care aboot HC cirlces or HC coasters or any of that, they want to be entertained.....with that said i think that you will see people with front flips and back flips and other various crowd pleasers winning competitiions............

+10000000:YEAH
Old 07-07-2006, 12:42 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
Theis you deffinatly got me on this one.

And Mikkee how can you say this is not sick! This skill level to do this trick is off the charts and the risk is high. The croud loves it and in my eyes flips would score a ton for acro points in a comp.

YUP!!! +100000000000000000000000000 WINNER!!!!!:YEAH
Old 07-07-2006, 01:17 PM

hedgy is an unknown quantity at this point

i love flips

Last edited by hedgy; 07-07-2006 at 01:26 PM. Reason: off topic rant
Old 07-07-2006, 01:41 PM

AllOut is an unknown quantity at this point

I think flips are cool and if the becomes to be more tecnical it will be alot cooler, like say hc backflip (roll whatever) to seat down wheelie that would be sick. On a side note the more "crowd pleasers" you do in a comp the more you get for over all and showmanship. Soon enogh flips are going to be a neccetiy like a hb or a scrape bar in order to put on a good show and to stay competitive with all the other crowd pleasing riders for example kane and josh clem they are not super technical but always fun to watch and have a good fan base. then there are riders that can keep away from it like tech edub and apex cus they ride ruthlessly on the limmiter drifting crazy sh**. but for the most part im all for the flips.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:43 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Aaron Twight's tricks ARE ****ING SICK!!!!!!!!!, lets see you do a backflip to skitch, no balance?, please, i remember trying a one footed christ, alot scarier for me than when i hauled *** to huck up a 1000ft. stoppie, dont ***** cause you cant do em, work on something else than that they cant do, VARIETY is the key, its nice to see something different than 100 million guyz doing circle combos

so your saying that Thew, Arron Brunelle, Dmann, Twight and many others arent talented riders?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
I think Aaron Twight's tricks ARE ****ING SICK!!!!!!!!!, lets see you do a backflip to skitch, no balance?, please, i remember trying a one footed christ, alot scarier for me than when i hauled *** to huck up a 1000ft. stoppie, dont ***** cause you cant do em, work on something else than that they cant do, VARIETY is the key, its nice to see something different than 100 million guyz doing circle combos

so your saying that Thew, Arron Brunelle, Dmann, Twight and many others arent talented riders?
You obviously didn't read my first post of the thread and just assumed like just about everyone else... I started a new thread and was more clear.. "WTF Flips."
Old 07-07-2006, 04:10 PM

1brownj is an unknown quantity at this point

Most Dudes Who Hate On Acros Are Fatass Who Couldnt Do That **** In A Million Years So If There Is Any Part Of This Sport That You Dont Like Than You Must Not Like Yourself Very Much Either I Think A Flip To Skitchin And Jump Back On The Bike Is Harder(and Takes More *****) Than Any One Wheel Trick You Can Do
Old 07-11-2006, 11:23 AM
B2S

B2S can only hope to improve

haha,mikke said fairyflipperdoodle.