WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 AM

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: WTF is up with the flips and handstands

I think it's cool, I personally can't and don't really want to be able to do those kinds of tricks, but I would say in general most riders cannot do things like flips and handstands etc. All those tricks still involve the motorcycle, nothing wrong with a little diversification. "Diversify your bonds *****"
Old 07-06-2006, 06:40 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unknownrider
Aaron colton does Frog to Front Flip to leg stab with lever............
THE PIC IN YOUR AVATAR IS THAT A BEFORE AND AFTER SEX CHANGE PIC
Old 07-06-2006, 06:51 PM

MattMingay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hedgy
i dont buy bikes and **** myself up for other people,matching leathers and open face lids are totally gay and why is everyone pandering to the will of these"crowds"=ppl that dont know one trick from another.
hey why not tell a few jokes,a card trick,that cabaret **** is fake and gay,this is a dangerous hobby not a disney meet and greet.
those euro guys are good but just sterile and interest in them here in europe has declined even though their tricks are better.
i got into this for fun,not for applause and shiny trophies.
yeah maybe your entertainment skills might change peoples lives.make ppl want to be stunters instead of going on pop idol.
ppl have to find hidden spots to practice and ride away from the crowds,so why kiss their asses for a $10 entrance fee.would you ride naked for a gay crowd.they pay to see what stunters do,so why change **** just for them.

yeah well i hope you have fun bustin your **** out in front of your trees and bushes dodgin potholes gutters cars and popo.
there are a hell of alot of us that do this to put dinner on the table, and i personally feel i have contributed alot to the sport by entertaining here in OZ.
i been doin this full time for 8 years, so if you wanna see a card tricks or a few jokes to make you giggle like a little girl...then so be it!! (wrong sport though i think??)
Applause is what im after, not a shiny trophy and if i get the applause im after then that assures me to be there again next year and my $$ keeps on comin in!!!
and if my sponsors want me to wear pretty leathers to promote there product while givin me good $$ then so be it!! Hell ill go butt naked for them for good $$.
Have fun doin your stuff by yourself and in the backstreets, coz no doubt ill NEVER see or hear of you coz you dont want to be in a comp or mag.. and be sure to knock back any promoter that offers you a paying show.........coz then you will HAVE to entertain (and thats just not you )
Old 07-06-2006, 07:07 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

I feel the same way, any trick where your not really riding the bike is kinda wack. Although they are good crowd pleasers and are good for breaking up your run with. There's lots of tricks you never do when you go out and ride cause there not as fun, christs, skitchin, zeros, most acros. Funnest things are any wheelie, stoppies-180's and burnouts!!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hedgy
whats the point of doing gay **** for the"crowd",if they are not into stunting theyre probably there to see ppl wipeout more than anything.
i dont see how these crap tricks are gonna make stunting go mainstream or acceptable.and i cant see how this will progress the sport.
the world already knows stunting exists and dont care.they like pop idol and reality tv and if it hits the mainstream it will be a flash in the pan until some corporate fu(ker stops making cash off stunters backs.
maybe a big movie;
TORQUE 2-stunting back....see guys do amazing flips from stationary bikes on side stands...handstands like you'll never believe

Obviously you don't do shows. Those of use that do usually ride differently than we would for comps or when we are just out practicing.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:11 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i think a nice fat long rolling burnout takes the cake
Old 07-06-2006, 09:23 PM

hedgy is an unknown quantity at this point

so everyone stunts to be rich and famous then..
how many stunters actually earn a living from it....
99% of stunters are not competing pros and have to stunt the streets or secluded areas,does that mean everyone is a sad no-hoper loner stunter just like the way you tried to make me look.
i buy the dvds,i buy the bike parts,i have been a stunt fan since rothwell started.i am the "crowd" that pays and have been paying for years,so ignore people that like raw stunting ,chase your cash with the flash in the pan fans who will be monstertrucking next month.
you wont see me in comps cos i have a disability(only got one finger on right hand and that barely moves)and my collar bone pops out.this makes stoppies quite hard to hold.
anyway i would rather watch those practice in the carlot vid than a uniformed happy smiley entertainer.that **** has been done here in europe for years and is the same each time and boring.
the pro europeans all practice alone btw.europe does not have a stunt community like usa,too few doing it,we cannot ride big bikes for years over here and everything costs twice as much as usa.
with language barriers also a problem this is why we look to usa for
new influences.
i like the way you guys all ride together,post your vids,give advice,take the **** and get into discussions with ppl like me you dont know on the other side on the world.
i think your forgetting who has always supported stunting,the ppl who will still support it in years to come.
how come that stuff aint in the dvds.pros that do street stuff to sell dvds then do totally different stuff in comps for the crowd are letting down ppl that think they ride street freestyle.they are streetstunt bike comps arent they or is it the gong show where applause is more important that the stunts.
do you watch **** for the script?
when euro stunt comps started,they marked for appearance,so you could win if it was close by your clothes and paint,how gay!
if your lucky/talented to stunt fulltime and earn a living,quit whining!
you have a dream life and are living off ppl just like me.
if the bike aint moving it aint a trick,thats why it has that enginy thingy and those round rubber things.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:01 PM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree, but just because i dont think the trick "shouldnt be done" doesnt mean it shouldnt be out of the riders capability. i mean ****, why not practice a trick, even if its stupid. its acceptable to me to see 1 handstand/skitch pass, but hell dont stretch your legs in prepaparation for 10 handstand passes. in moderation they are ok, but they are immediately gay once taken to an HNL (ho' notha level).

it should be one of those tricks you dont do to show off your skill? just icing on the cake.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:11 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikkee
This is very true but there are many other tricks that actually involves you on your bike that I stated earlier. (Burnouts, high endos, revlimiter tricks, high speed scrapes).
acros still usually get the best reaction, show wise
Old 07-06-2006, 11:25 PM

Hondafan is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt read throught the whole thing but i think that slow wheelies are kinda gay. you would have to be able to do them to be the best, but they dont get the crowd (at least me) going as much as dangerous stuff does. maybe the acros just look more dangerous i dunno?

ps. all that being said, i **** at stunting and dont really know what i am talking about.

pps. i think foot down wheelies are cool.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Hedgy... you are just retarded. Bar none!

Mikkee... so you say that balancing on 1 wheel is more impressive and not "gay" like doing acros? So you are telling me it doesn't take any balance to do an elevator? How about elevator to high chair? How about elevator to skitch up to christ? I think every single one of those takes amazing balance.... how do I know this?? B/c I've done them all and it's harder than it looks to do those consistantly time after time again. Personally, I ride for 2 reasons: 1) I enjoy this sport and it takes me away from everything else, and 2) to do something other people can't do in turn impressing them.

So if you think b/c a guy does a front flip off a bike and it parks on the kick stand, and his run was all acros with a crowning moment as a dismount... try looking at his entire run b/c I'm sure it wasn't full all acros. Like many have said, acros break up a run that is routine.... SHOWS = CROWD PLEASERS, COMPETITION = TECHNICALITY. The XDL show contained very little acros during the main run, you had to be precise and on point with your stunts. Now individual freestyle is where you find out those who have bags of tricks other than all stunts.

Besides... almost all the people I know who knock acros, don't have the ***** to try an elevator or even leave their seat. If you truly compete in shows, good luck man... b/c your shows will get old after about the first 5 mins when you've run out of circles, seat standers, burn outs and high chairs.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:51 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by jg101
If it gets the crowed juiced F-it need the crowed to elevate the sport
Old 07-07-2006, 02:27 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ando
can can's and other such tricks came from bmx
Yeh if we had kept nacnacs to just bmx where would we be?
Old 07-07-2006, 03:22 AM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

if u can do em' why not? its just another trick to add to ur bag!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:27 AM

1wheelfelon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
A lot of us have put a lot into this sport trying to make it better then it is. If you want to ride for fun...knock your socks off but don't knock the people that are out there in front of the crowds doing all the entertaining. Personally, I'll take riding in front of thousands people, being in magazines, signing autographs,making money,etc. over riding in some secluded spot by myself .

PawPaw

and i will second that !!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:14 AM

Stunter13 is an unknown quantity at this point

DO WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO
Old 07-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Chop Chop!

live and let die.. why does it matter what stunts one person likes or what another does??

i thought freestyle was about FREE STYLE...

opinions are great.

-kane
Old 07-07-2006, 08:54 AM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point

well said.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:23 AM

Somegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Flips, bar tricks and acrobatics are awesome to watch

Who wants to watch just coasters and a hundred circles. BORING

if you want to have the money available (and have tracks interested in even HOSTING shows and comps) you have to bring in crowds. Technical tricks just dont do that. At least not by themselves. A specatator can't tell what your doing...especially an uninformed one. What you need is to be able to bring in Mrs./Mr Doe and her/his three kids and keep them entertained for an afternoon. To a venue that is worth money in entrance fees, merchandise and sales.

What is wrong with being a well rounded rider?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:33 AM

hedgy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SugaR6
Flips, bar tricks and acrobatics are awesome to watch

Who wants to watch just coasters and a hundred circles. BORING

if you want to have the money available (and have tracks interested in even HOSTING shows and comps) you have to bring in crowds. Technical tricks just dont do that. At least not by themselves. A specatator can't tell what your doing...especially an uninformed one. What you need is to be able to bring in Mrs./Mr Doe and her/his three kids and keep them entertained for an afternoon. To a venue that is worth money in entrance fees, merchandise and sales.

What is wrong with being a well rounded rider?
thanks for enlightening me as to how things run,i didnt consider this factor as this stuff doesnt exist in ireland.there might be one or two stunt riders at the once a year national bike show and rothwell has been here a few times.
i didnt knock acro stuff,in fact i do like acro stuff.i done gymnastics for a few years.
so i guess im disappointed at the crowd then for not appreciating what stunters do and needing extra entertainment value.
thanks again for explaining clearly,since i am retarded and geographically ignorant.
and thanks for making me wiser as to how things really are over there without bragging and insulting as all i have to gauge things are by buying dvds and the net.

Quick Reply: WTF is up with the flips and handstands