WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:33 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person
Re: WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Originally Posted by mikkee
Finally someone understands!!! Thank you!

Ok so all of you can go ahead and do all the flipitys u want for crowd pleasers at a show. If fairyflipperdoodle is your style.. Fine do it.. Make the croud cheer, and I will do the same without the fairyflipperdoodle.

Somebody better not win a freaking freestyle comp because they can flip.

I totally understand, and I kind of agree with you. If some dude came to our spot and did a front flip off his bike, I don't know what I'd do.
I was just playing "devil's advocate" with what I said.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:34 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by KF_Chris
I'm not debating anyone. Acros take no riding skill but learning them takes *****. everytime I see a gurilla (mispelled) roll, that flips me out. acros are funky to watch, to me at least.
I'm not bashing acros at all BTW The gorilla roll to rear skitch is actually my favorite!

Only bashing on the flips.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:40 PM

hedgy is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the point of doing gay **** for the"crowd",if they are not into stunting theyre probably there to see ppl wipeout more than anything.
i dont see how these crap tricks are gonna make stunting go mainstream or acceptable.and i cant see how this will progress the sport.
the world already knows stunting exists and dont care.they like pop idol and reality tv and if it hits the mainstream it will be a flash in the pan until some corporate fu(ker stops making cash off stunters backs.
maybe a big movie;
TORQUE 2-stunting back....see guys do amazing flips from stationary bikes on side stands...handstands like you'll never believe
Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hedgymaybe a big movie
TORQUE 2-stunting back....see guys do amazing flips from stationary bikes on side stands...handstands like you'll never believe

That would **** ***. Just look what it did to import cars. I had a 283whp turbo b18 hatch a year before the gay and the curious came out. then after that there were ala these ricers EVERYWHERE. It ruined it for me and i got back into bikes. Could you imagine all the wannabe stunter squids runnign around with minty *** cages, chrome, virgin 12 bars and such. Id probably start riding freestyle motocross.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by hedgy

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Easy the fairyflipadoodles are going to get butt hurt.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

fairyflipadoodles

you like that new term you made up huh?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by vettjd01
you like that new term you made up huh?
Yep I do, aparently the Fairyflipperdoodle it's the new stunter hotness..
Old 07-05-2006, 07:27 PM

ratfink1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree just for crowds
Old 07-05-2006, 08:46 PM

MattMingay is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree,it looks like circus horse tricks.next there will be juggling or plate spinning.i also think two up stunts are total ****,some gimp holding their arms out like a magicians helper.all they need is a drumroll and a few clowns.
pro european stunters used to be like that until american street style riders made them look totally gay with their matching leathers and open face lids waving continually to the crowd like retards.
keep it street,american riders are always more exciting to watch in my view..keeping it freestyle..like punk V pop.

american street style riders have NEVER made the euros look gay!!!

why do the Euros beat the Yanks in what ever comp they enter?? they wave to the crowd because they are Pro entertainers, and wear open face helmets to communicate to crowd (which the crowd love) which is what stunting is all about (entertaining) and if you say "hey dude i ride for myself and no crowd" then thats great, then i guess we will never see you in a show or a comp then huh, and if you do you'll be NOWHERE!

we must be watchin different riders coz Phiefer, Farias and many others are DAM entertaining and exciting to me and everbody else i know!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 PM

hedgy is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont buy bikes and **** myself up for other people,matching leathers and open face lids are totally gay and why is everyone pandering to the will of these"crowds"=ppl that dont know one trick from another.
hey why not tell a few jokes,a card trick,that cabaret **** is fake and gay,this is a dangerous hobby not a disney meet and greet.
those euro guys are good but just sterile and interest in them here in europe has declined even though their tricks are better.
i got into this for fun,not for applause and shiny trophies.
yeah maybe your entertainment skills might change peoples lives.make ppl want to be stunters instead of going on pop idol.
ppl have to find hidden spots to practice and ride away from the crowds,so why kiss their asses for a $10 entrance fee.would you ride naked for a gay crowd.they pay to see what stunters do,so why change **** just for them.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:05 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont buy bikes and **** myself up for other people,matching leathers and open face lids are totally gay and why is everyone pandering to the will of these"crowds"=ppl that dont know one trick from another.
hey why not tell a few jokes,a card trick,that cabaret **** is fake and gay,this is a dangerous hobby not a disney meet and greet.
those euro guys are good but just sterile and interest in them here in europe has declined even though their tricks are better.
i got into this for fun,not for applause and shiny trophies.
yeah maybe your entertainment skills might change peoples lives.make ppl want to be stunters instead of going on pop idol.
ppl have to find hidden spots to practice and ride away from the crowds,so why kiss their asses for a $10 entrance fee.would you ride naked for a gay crowd.they pay to see what stunters do,so why change **** just for them.
A lot of us have put a lot into this sport trying to make it better then it is. If you want to ride for fun...knock your socks off but don't knock the people that are out there in front of the crowds doing all the entertaining. Personally, I'll take riding in front of thousands people, being in magazines, signing autographs,making money,etc. over riding in some secluded spot by myself .

PawPaw
Old 07-06-2006, 01:02 AM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vettjd01
That would **** ***. Just look what it did to import cars. I had a 283whp turbo b18 hatch a year before the gay and the curious came out. then after that there were ala these ricers EVERYWHERE. It ruined it for me and i got back into bikes. Could you imagine all the wannabe stunter squids runnign around with minty *** cages, chrome, virgin 12 bars and such. Id probably start riding freestyle motocross.
it did the same thing to me,i had a 500hp 10 sec. supra 2 yrs. before that damn movie came out and then it just killed it for me
Old 07-06-2006, 01:05 AM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

i think poeple only say they **** cause they can't do them and are afriad to learn.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:07 AM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

Originally Posted by MattMingay
american street style riders have NEVER made the euros look gay!!!

why do the Euros beat the Yanks in what ever comp they enter?? they wave to the crowd because they are Pro entertainers, and wear open face helmets to communicate to crowd (which the crowd love) which is what stunting is all about (entertaining) and if you say "hey dude i ride for myself and no crowd" then thats great, then i guess we will never see you in a show or a comp then huh, and if you do you'll be NOWHERE!

we must be watchin different riders coz Phiefer, Farias and many others are DAM entertaining and exciting to me and everbody else i know!!!

he's saying watching a rider with an american style do a SS circles and HC scrapes on open city streets is more exciting than watching a european rider do wheelie wobbles, acros, and burnouts on a closed track.

i tend to agreee with him.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:37 AM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Originally Posted by unknownrider
Aaron colton does Frog to Front Flip to leg stab with lever............
Theis you deffinatly got me on this one.

And Mikkee how can you say this is not sick! This skill level to do this trick is off the charts and the risk is high. The croud loves it and in my eyes flips would score a ton for acro points in a comp.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Aaron T fllip.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	174791  
Old 07-06-2006, 01:45 AM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: WTF is up with the flips and handstands

That's just a pic/avatar pal. Foot dn is just a sit dn wheelie variation, and your foot is only dragging, it's not really balanceing you, and doesn't keep the wheel up - the brake and gas does. I could be wrong but do u even stunt, or have you done a foot down wheelie??? I can do feet up sit dns just fine also.
Theis can do at least 350 foot Highchair coasters. Does that count as stunting?
Old 07-06-2006, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
Theis can do at least 350 foot Highchair coasters. Does that count as stunting?
That pic above - I can't remember the riders name but, I saw that in JD3, he is doing that trick while moving a bit and ends up in a rear skitch as far as I remember. That required him to actually gas the bike to speed, flip, skitch off the back and get back on while moving. That IS a streetbike stunt!!! :YEAH Doing a flip when is coming to, or is at a stop doesn't barely requires you bike, like I said, you might as well park your bike and start doing flips and cartwheels...

And of course a 350ft HC coaster is a streetbike stunt.... You have to clutch a wheelie up to the BP, pull in the clutch, use the brake to keep it off the bar to roll it far, and bring it back to 2 wheels to be sucessful.

Does anyone notice the difference and or get my point yet..
Old 07-06-2006, 02:31 AM

NINE_hundo is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately know about the croud pleasers, most all of the time the less difficult tricks for example :christ, rear skitch, standing revlimiter burnout, switchback, even scraping to a stop parking it and walking away...
I hope winning comps doesn't come down to if u can do a flip or not.

:YEAH:YEAH
Old 07-06-2006, 02:54 AM

DEBO is a decent person

Some thoughts you have to keep to yourself
Old 07-06-2006, 05:34 AM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stuntone0one
he's saying watching a rider with an american style do a SS circles and HC scrapes on open city streets is more exciting than watching a european rider do wheelie wobbles, acros, and burnouts on a closed track.

i tend to agreee with him.
+613372453276276323

Quick Reply: WTF is up with the flips and handstands