WTF is up with the flips and handstands

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:41 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: WTF is up with the flips and handstands

i'm not ballarina.. but can i wear spandex anyway?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:43 PM

1wheelfelon is an unknown quantity at this point

they are called crowd pleasers...... get in front of just about any crowd match up someone doing 50 circle combos and then have someone slide up and flip off the bike.... ENTERTAINMENT the crowd is what is gonna move this hobby farther down the road to one day maybe making it a sport
Old 07-05-2006, 05:51 PM
B2S

B2S can only hope to improve

hmm,id say if your hatin on tricks its becuz the ppl who can do them get all the love and u dont cuz u cant do it.jealousy??????
P.S. how many r gonna hate me for that now?haahaha
Old 07-05-2006, 06:00 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by unknownrider
this is funny coming from a guy who is talking aboot balance on 1 wheel with the brake clutch and gas, and he has his foot on the ground doin a simple sit down?? i don't think that is balance? i think you should evaluate what you are typing before you bash on the progression(?) of our lil hobby........
That's just a pic/avatar pal. Foot dn is just a sit dn wheelie variation, and your foot is only dragging, it's not really balanceing you, and doesn't keep the wheel up - the brake and gas does. I could be wrong but do u even stunt, or have you done a foot down wheelie??? I can do feet up sit dns just fine also.

I evaluated just fine - It's just my opinion that doing a flip doesn't show your skill in "riding" your motorcycle. It just shows that you can do a flip and are a freaking balerina. I've never done a flip ever but I am very athletic and if I put forth a little effort I know I could do it, and apply it to riding. I just don't believe it showcases a riders actual "riding skill." The sport can and will progress with out flips.

If someone wins a Individual Freestyle competition because they can do a flip and another rider can't, that's some..
Old 07-05-2006, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 1wheelfelon
they are called crowd pleasers...... get in front of just about any crowd match up someone doing 50 circle combos and then have someone slide up and flip off the bike.... ENTERTAINMENT the crowd is what is gonna move this hobby farther down the road to one day maybe making it a sport
This is very true but there are many other tricks that actually involves you on your bike that I stated earlier. (Burnouts, high endos, revlimiter tricks, high speed scrapes).
Old 07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by B2S
hmm,id say if your hatin on tricks its becuz the ppl who can do them get all the love and u dont cuz u cant do it.jealousy??????
I don't necessarily think that's true, But it doesn't mean some people are not acting that way. It also doesn't mean if you can't do them it means you're not capable. I personally think they're stupid looking. I also think that it shows you're in good physical shape and the crowd is responding to that. It Doesn't mean It takes actual Streetbike skill. Example. When a man standing jumps over a moving motorcycle. Where does the Sportbike Freestyle end and the Circus Act begin. I'm not hating, but Stunting/Crazy Sh*T isn't the same As Sportbike Freestyle IMHO.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikkee
That's just a pic/avatar pal. Foot dn is just a sit dn wheelie variation, and your foot is only dragging, it's not really balanceing you, and doesn't keep the wheel up - the brake and gas does. I could be wrong but do u even stunt, or have you done a foot down wheelie??? I can do feet up sit dns just fine also.

If someone wins a Individual Freestyle competition because they can do a flip and another rider can't, that's some..
Yes i do ride, and you are correct, i can not do a foot down sit down, if you are calling that a variation you have just made my day, do you call it a four wheeler wheelie? my bad, its more like a three wheeler, back on topic tho, you might not like it but it is new tricks, crowds love that stuff, i know nuthing of you or your riding, but if you have any show expierience you will know about tricks called crowd pleasers, crowds don't care aboot HC cirlces or HC coasters or any of that, they want to be entertained.....with that said i think that you will see people with front flips and back flips and other various crowd pleasers winning competitiions............
Old 07-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Its an entertainment thing. If you are doing shows then yeah, i say throw a little acro in. Honestly, i watched some clips on you tube of AZ stuntfest and a bunch of guys killed it but J-beats stole the show with some acro. It was blantanly obvious how the crowd (most of which whom doesnt know better) loved the acro. It was entertaining to them. And who are they going to remember, the guy thats flailing his limbs around like a circus monkey. And if an individual freestyle event has a part thats judged on crowd pleasing then why not do it. I mean, honestly most of it takes more gonads then skill.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by B2S

It's not hate buddy. If I could do it I would use it in and endzone dance or some kind of celebration, not in streetbike stuntriding. I do what I do and if the croud likes it then fine..... If they don't well... they don't. If I'm doing a show and someone does a flip, I'm laughing under my helmet, not wishing I could do that.

Damn you all are a tough croud!

I don't know how much clearer I can be when I say that a flip isn't a motorcycle trick, it's a gymnist trick.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Yes i do ride, and you are correct, i can not do a foot down sit down, if you are calling that a variation you have just made my day, do you call it a four wheeler wheelie? my bad, its more like a three wheeler, back on topic tho, you might not like it but it is new tricks, crowds love that stuff, i know nuthing of you or your riding, but if you have any show expierience you will know about tricks called crowd pleasers, crowds don't care aboot HC cirlces or HC coasters or any of that, they want to be entertained.....with that said i think that you will see people with front flips and back flips and other various crowd pleasers winning competitiions............
beat me to that sh*t

OT: gnarls barkely owns.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:18 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

what if the old school stunters started saying that everything new was gay? saying something new is gay is naive (Evian spelled backwards). it is a public forum, and a free country...so we're all entitled to our opinions.

Round bars = gay
DB bars = gay
HB = gay

that better? it's an evolution of a young sport. some things will come and go but as it was said before: ultimately the crowd decides what we do to pump them up.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

I don't know how much clearer I can be when I say that a flip isn't a motorcycle trick, it's a gymnist trick.
Its not a skilled motorcycle trick, you are correct. Acro takes virtually no motorcycle skill. we all know this. jsut because it takes no skill doesnt mean you dont need to do it to get the crowd into it. Hell, start off a run with acro to grab the crowds attention or inbetween highly technical tricks. Do the acro to keep up the crowd attention, then kill the super technical stuff.

I love pleasing people who watch me ride and if they want acro they get acro.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:23 PM

with that said i think that you will see people with front flips and back flips and other various crowd pleasers winning competitiions............
Definately know about the croud pleasers, most all of the time the less difficult tricks for example :christ, rear skitch, standing revlimiter burnout, switchback, even scraping to a stop parking it and walking away...

I hope winning comps doesn't come down to if u can do a flip or not.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by vettjd01
Its not a skilled motorcycle trick, you are correct. Acro takes virtually no motorcycle skill.
I'm not debating anyone. Acros take no riding skill but learning them takes *****. everytime I see a gurilla (mispelled) roll, that flips me out. acros are funky to watch, to me at least.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:26 PM

Big Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

If it gets me a piece of ***, ill backflip off of a 72 Gremlin that doesnt run:YEAH
Old 07-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Definately know about the croud pleasers, most all of the time the less difficult tricks for example :christ, rear skitch, standing revlimiter burnout, switchback, even scraping to a stop parking it and walking away...

I hope winning comps doesn't come down to if u can do a flip or not.
No but I'm sure acros will be part of the scoring
Old 07-05-2006, 06:28 PM

aren't they already in the XDL comp?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dela
I don't necessarily think that's true, But it doesn't mean some people are not acting that way. It also doesn't mean if you can't do them it means you're not capable. I personally think they're stupid looking. I also think that it shows you're in good physical shape and the crowd is responding to that. It Doesn't mean It takes actual Streetbike skill. Example. When a man standing jumps over a moving motorcycle. Where does the Sportbike Freestyle end and the Circus Act begin. I'm not hating, but Stunting/Crazy Sh*T isn't the same As Sportbike Freestyle IMHO.
Finally someone understands!!! Thank you!

Ok so all of you can go ahead and do all the flipitys u want for crowd pleasers at a show. If fairyflipperdoodle is your style.. Fine do it.. Make the croud cheer, and I will do the same without the fairyflipperdoodle.

Somebody better not win a freaking freestyle comp because they can flip.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:31 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Lately I've seen a lot of flips and handstand crap put into streetbike stunting.

My thoughts on this is, if you want to do flips and handstands, go buy some spandex and go join the gymnastics team, or maybe nextime any of you do a show, just park the bikes, bring out the uneven bars, balance beam and do your fairy flips to entertain the croud...

I just think streetbike stunts should consist of how u can balance your bike on 1 wheel using the gas, brake, and clutch. Not to count out all other acros that I believe should be done (switchback, gorilla roll to rear skitch, christ, elevator, spinderella etc.) I just think the flips need to go. 2cent

What are your opinions??
bro your right on point that **** is gay
Old 07-05-2006, 06:32 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1wheelfelon
I agree, my man! Crowd pleasing tricks are where it's at. ....and yeah, they still love bar tricks too! lol

PawPaw

Quick Reply: WTF is up with the flips and handstands