Dirtbike Bar stoppies = New Class

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Re: Dirtbike Bar stoppies = New Class

Originally Posted by suicidl

636 should go in the class with the 929/954 1000's they are just as fast

i will step in and TOTALLY disagree with you....weight and power of a big bore bike will outstoppie a 636 any day......more weight you have in a stoppie the further you go.....that's why it's hard for the skinny guys to go far, we gots to be talla!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:12 PM

Ryan S is a decent person

one thing i have noticed in this thread.....the guys with the db bars say the guys with the clip ons are just hating and should get over it......i've ridden db bars for about 5 months back in the day on my 900....i hated the way my bike appeared and thought it looked like some weird oversized dirtbike...

motards aren't allowed to compete, an f4i with db bars looks the same as a motard.

this is a GREAT thread.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:25 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

i have db bars on my 600rr... and i LOVE THEM.. not just for stunting, but just general riding i love how they feel. the bike is just so much more FUN to ride. and thats what its all about
Old 07-04-2006, 01:21 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ryan S
one thing i have noticed in this thread.....the guys with the db bars say the guys with the clip ons are just hating and should get over it......i've ridden db bars for about 5 months back in the day on my 900....i hated the way my bike appeared and thought it looked like some weird oversized dirtbike...

motards aren't allowed to compete, an f4i with db bars looks the same as a motard.

this is a GREAT thread.
Motards competed in the sacnuts show with everyone else
Old 07-04-2006, 02:18 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

i hate the way my bike feels with my clip ons turned up and out like db bars, but i can't deny the fact it makes stoppies 1000x easier and its better for combos too
Old 07-04-2006, 02:32 PM

soarer is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched Jason Britton smoke the competition at Stunt Wars 2006 in the longest stoppie contest on a gixxer 750 with clipons. He competed against guys with db bars and motards. That dude is SIIIIIIICK!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:40 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Originally Posted by soarer
I watched Jason Britton smoke the competition at Stunt Wars 2006 in the longest stoppie contest on a gixxer 750 with clipons. He competed against guys with db bars and motards. That dude is SIIIIIIICK!

Someone have a clip of this? I heard a lot about it.
Post it if you got it. Por Favor. Gracias.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:43 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by soarer
ACTUALLY... ITS A 600
Old 07-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Guru

Joe Brown is an unknown quantity at this point

i could care less what people use.. but db bars do have a serious advantage for stoppies in my eyes.. but like gorka said its more of a mental thing.. it gives you more stability and control of the bike when your in a stoppie and that = more confidence and that = longer stoppies. yes all people who rock db bars on streetbike look like retards and if they rock full plastics with db bars they look even more like retards.. but its not a fashon show so who cares.. i would rather do a 500 foot clean floater on a full plastic clipon bike anyday over a 5000 foot stoppie on a dirtbike set up.. but example on a 929 ive only rolled about 900 or so feet... i can go about 1000 feet on my motard and its about 200 pounds lighter.. i need a **** load of room to get up to speed but its super easy...
Old 07-04-2006, 03:58 PM

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
t-neck-----stop cheating....throw those bars in the trash.

OK.....then you throw your gears, cage, and Hb in the trash too then.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:01 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
OK.....then you throw your gears, cage, and Hb in the trash too then.
+1
Old 07-04-2006, 06:04 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrafficCriminal
Stoppie comps should be seperated by 600 class f4i, 636, gsxr 600 and a liter bike class... 929, 954, 1000's.

F*ck the cute ****...just do what feels right..........
I definately agree with that, especially for limited approach contests
Old 07-04-2006, 06:16 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

what about steel braided brake lines and wave rotors?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by silverstunterR6
what about steel braided brake lines and wave rotors?
NOT ALLOWED ITS CHEATING!!!

doesnt seem like theres enough riders to have all these different classes for stoppies. Payouts would be cut up to japanese cuisine like proportions. if something gives you an advantage to win then do it and if you dont and you lose dont b*tch. I hate it when people lose and then make excuses. Like Gorka said, take it like a man. Then at the next comp roll them fuggers out on your new DB bar, galfer rotor, race pad, road race compund front tire setup and MDK the rest of them. I like how this thread is bringing out all the OGs and long high stoppie freaks.

what do i know tho... i havent rolled a stoppie in 2 months due to bent wheel, blown forks, leaky MC, no dampener, and the most important...lack of skill.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:57 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

two classes...end of dis.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:03 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with both matts as well.....Gorka I put the FI clip ons on the 929 and they are a little lower than stock, just straight out instead of up then back down.....I think I felt more control with the stock ones b/c they were a little higher

Matt L - I'm on the same boat.....I think I'm going to 'borrow' Franks upper tripple setup for a week or so and see what happens

Ryan!!! What's up buddy? and what is this so called 'LEAD BALLAST WEIGHT' you speak of.....I've heard about but don't know many details

Ronnie - I agree with you as well and respect/appreciate your input......I guess you could say this post for me is like 'Where/When will we draw the line?'

Matt you know I'm not a hater....except for your 'lucky' wins on the pool table ...Emily wants to talk to you about a Mortgage Broker seminar she went to....I'll call you on my way to work tomorrow

Frayz - I'm applying this setup to stoppies only because I believe thats the main advantage of the bars......as far as sprockets and handbrakes I don't sweat them b/c they really only apply to wheelies and most comps pertaining to them are freestyle and therefore on apply to about 20% or less of your score....

Matt I'm thinking serious of the setup on the 929 for a few weeks just to see the results.....hey! maybe I'll do a case study on myself and post the results/progress compared to regular 929 stoppies
older vs. newer
http://www.purebredriders.com/videos/450ft.wmvhttp://www.purebredriders.com/videos/400ft.mpg

Joe I agree there as well.....I believe the setup will lead to greater distance in less time due to the advantages

NME - It's whatever with you anyways.....you and you db 929 can go to hell!! why didn't you offer in Tn?? This would have been settled by now??

***** this is definately not a premeditated conspiracy to help old riders...back to the 'where do we draw the line'....are there different classes in motocross?? or other newer 'xtreme sports'

Ryan I agree with you too, it does seem like db bar users answer more defensively than open minded....I'm not attacking anyone here just trying to see the overall view of the matter

J Beezy - That's pretty much what I'm saying, but who are again? 900ft? yea, tell that one to the judge...same #? what's up fool??
Old 07-04-2006, 07:24 PM

I heard this was a conspiracy to get Joe Brown to post something.

Rick, I thought the same thing about the FI bars when I held one in place. The stock clipons rise then drop. After installation, I discovered that it was actually the same height, just my palms weren't facing in, only down. Regardless, because you can move them out an extra inch or so, it gives (me at least) more leverage. I really like them and feel they've made a good improvement because of their flexibility.

Last edited by Matt Gorka; 07-04-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:34 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Hey,RICK! Whet the hell are you talking about?
Old 07-04-2006, 09:56 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

Originally Posted by frayz
People say DB bars are cheating...may be...never ridden one..but i can tell u that a 65 tooth sprocket and a stocker sprocket are two diff bikes..if ur gonna start ****in up the sport by makin classes and **** what u can and cant do to ur bike, ur just ****in the flow up. if you wanna do that just bring a few stock 600s and tell every one they have to rock their tricks on them. see who the best "stunter" is. as far as talent. Its not like drag racing where they limit power adders and **** cuz of people who cant afford alchohol injected twin turbo nitrous rail cars. i mean ****...a 70 dollar set of DB bars and a 150 for a handbrake. I say either get it and ride with it or dont and let that be your "IN YOUR FACE" thing. But **** leave the sport alone.
if we left the sport alone in the 1st place there would not be any dirt bike bars
Old 07-04-2006, 10:19 PM

Best thread in a long time.....Thought provoking.....5 pages and no attacks or arguments, just good opinions and intelligent input. Nice.

Quick Reply: Dirtbike Bar stoppies = New Class