salvage inspection

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:45 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: salvage inspection

Originally Posted by suicidl
they wont check your motor numbers for a vin inspection
the chick on the phone said they would.. and when i registered my gix1k they did.. but oh well.. i just discovered from a buddy there are these places called EXPRESS DMV's... and i guess they don't give a ****, he registered his bike, transfered title and all.. and they didn't even look at th ebike, like didn't even walk outside... waaa laaaa!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:47 PM

Justin- is an unknown quantity at this point

**** in NM it is ez to do it u can bring in a piece of **** not light gauges, all u need here is a frame and a motor petty much
Old 07-25-2006, 01:12 AM

tohype4u2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezec1000
haha i thought about doing that with my friends shop...
will that work , thats smart you have to place a leinon the vehicle though , some guy just mentioned that to me the other day , about a f4 for2500 but i dont think its worth it .

hows th ebike runnin did u go through inspection yet . i m about to pick up a f**'**d cbr 1000rr needs front end ,tail end ,lights ,gauges stay wheels ,If I ebay parts do I need a recipt or just a vin from the bike it came from , since people part out there bikes everyday.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:18 AM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to swap frames on my 98 F3 a couple of years ago after hitting a deer at 75 without insurance. It mangled my frame and i got a deal on a 95 salvage frame. All I had to do here in Utah was go get a regular inspection. Took the inspection paperwork with title and bill of sale for the frame to the DMV. I was expecting to get it registered as salvage, but when my 95 title showed up it was clean. No hassles at all here in Utah.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 AM

bean929 is an unknown quantity at this point

i did 1 in FL all i needed was before an after pic,recipts for everything i got for it. its not to bad if u have all that
Old 07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

i cleared my 636 a few months ago here in VA.

Having the insurance paperwork is NOT necessary--I did'nt have any--All I had were a few crappy pics.

They required an ESTIMATE of repairs from a local bikeshop.

All reciepts, even stuff you bought off ebay.

And they'll check your motor number AND VIN number.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Armenian
i cleared my 636 a few months ago here in VA.

Having the insurance paperwork is NOT necessary--I did'nt have any--All I had were a few crappy pics.

They required an ESTIMATE of repairs from a local bikeshop.

All reciepts, even stuff you bought off ebay.

And they'll check your motor number AND VIN number.
i gotta go through the same in va as well does the shop gotta be local whats it cost to get an estimate ,

what if you use parts from another bike YOU own
Old 07-25-2006, 01:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tohype4u2
i gotta go through the same in va as well does the shop gotta be local whats it cost to get an estimate ,

what if you use parts from another bike YOU own
I went to a local bike shop with the reciepts for what i had (upper fairing, clutch lever, head bearing, rearset) and told them to write me up an estimate on how much they would charge to install those parts. It cost me like 15 dollars for the estimate I did'nt even bring the bike in.

They want to see reciepts i dont know if u can use parts from another bike you own--have a friend of yours write you up a reciept on paper saying he sold you whatever. That will work. A buddy of mine sold me an upper fairing and he wrote me up a reciept dmv guy did'nt hassle me at all about it.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:39 PM

thansk ill do that i gotta do it in arlington ,so i hope i dont gatta bring in a busted up bike from ny

i was gonna fix it and ride it to the inspection from ny
Old 07-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

In MN they check the numbers to make sure they are all lined up, make sure the motor is running with lights mirrors and all that good stuff. It takes like 10 minutes.