What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:54 PM

moorport is a decent person
What should I do?

I'm sittin here lookin at the cherry f4i I bought for 5 G's a few months ago. I stunt the **** out of my crf450, but I want to rock some **** on the f4i too. I already made some street pegs, stunt pegs, custom 60T sprocket ( haven't installed it yet ) and I want to build a streetfighter out of it. Now I am thinkin I should have bought a salvaged bike or somthing, thinkin about choppin the tail and building a round bar, bashin the tank in, strippin the plastic and fabricating a custom crash cage. Everytime I start to wrench on it, I can't get past how cherry the bike is Anyone else stunt out a minty fresh bike? Should I by a used tank and keep the cherry stuff on a shelf if I want to re sell it?

Last edited by moorport; 06-26-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:57 PM

jayrizo is a decent person
Re: What should I do?

take everything off of it and rock it naked
Old 06-26-2006, 05:02 PM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jayrizo
take everything off of it and rock it naked
+1
Old 06-26-2006, 05:09 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

stunt that ****.... when i first bought a bike it was minty fresh too...but if you dont wanna **** it up then i wouldnt even stunt it
Old 06-26-2006, 05:13 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

it sucks but you gotta do it man
Old 06-26-2006, 05:20 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

umm hey, any close ups of those pegs? i need a left pass one...

2 choices, either sell it, and buy a salvage and have enough left over to buy all the stunt parts, and have cash left over, or strip it down, buy a stunt tank and tail.. make/buy cage and other ****, and then when u're ready, if it's not mangled, throw plastics back on sell
Old 06-26-2006, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
umm hey, any close ups of those pegs? i need a left pass one...

2 choices, either sell it, and buy a salvage and have enough left over to buy all the stunt parts, and have cash left over, or strip it down, buy a stunt tank and tail.. make/buy cage and other ****, and then when u're ready, if it's not mangled, throw plastics back on sell
close ups are on my site www.esd-mfg.com

I couldn't find a cheap bike when I was lookin, and I wanted a clean one to start out with, not one that was all mangled. ****, I might just go for it like DEBO said. There are never any bike for sale were I live anyway, I looked for months before this one popped up and still had to drive to santa barbra to get it.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:51 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

damn they are pimp.. i really like them, but 80 is prettttty steep man, but looks like a nice product... cough sponsor cough haha
Old 06-26-2006, 05:52 PM

pcp weelo is an unknown quantity at this point

i said the same thing, but when a wheeli.e went bad on the intersate, i tried to make it look good again but it was never the same, so to hell with it, pulled everything off, installed some parts and started slowing down my ****
Old 06-26-2006, 05:53 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Sell it and use the money to buy TWO streetfightered, already set up F4i's.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Look been here myself... well I didn't pay S**t for mine.. traded a car for it , but I toom all the minty stuff off and got extra bashed stunt stuff.. fixed them the best possible and put them on.. I always pick up slightly rashed parts around here. Not to many stunters so when someone drops it easy and decides they need new peices I pick up the old ones for free or dirt cheap. Unfortuantly my tank got dented before I could get a stunt piece.. so all I am missing is a tank, but stunt it till it's trashed and reinstall clean plastics.. then sell... just do it.......
Old 06-26-2006, 06:05 PM

ctstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

strip and save the good stuff.then stunt the **** out of it.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:21 PM

Paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Just ride it.Thats what you bought it for isn't it?When I buy a bike to stunt I don't worry about what it's going to be worth if I ever want to sell it I just ride the F*cker.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Paul
Just ride it.Thats what you bought it for isn't it?When I buy a bike to stunt I don't worry about what it's going to be worth if I ever want to sell it I just ride the F*cker.
I like your philosophy on that one. **** it, I'm gonna start strippin this ***** down right now!!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah i started stunting my kawi and I owned 8k on it.. Just take off the good stuff. Put on some crappier plastics and tank and get to work
Old 06-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
damn they are pimp.. i really like them, but 80 is prettttty steep man, but looks like a nice product... cough sponsor cough haha
Yeah those pegs are pretty sweet...
Old 06-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Brap

After

Before
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	minty.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	174198  
Old 06-26-2006, 07:26 PM

Paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moorport
I like your philosophy on that one. **** it, I'm gonna start strippin this ***** down right now!!
Yeah that's what I'm talkin about!!!:YEAH
Old 06-26-2006, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Paul
Yeah that's what I'm talkin about!!!:YEAH
Got all the plastic off already, now I am tryin to figure out how to mount a handbrake on the stock clipons, I'm gonna have to machine some custom ones with chromoly bars cuz I know these stockers are gonna snap off, I'm thinkin 0 degree too, cuz these feel like old school shwin granny bars to me, all turned in and down, and they seem kinda short for a clutch and HB setup.

Last edited by moorport; 06-26-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:42 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by moorport
Got all the plastic off already, now I am tryin to figure out how to mount a handbrake on the stock clipons, I'm gonna have to machine some custom ones with chromoly bars cuz I know these stockers are gonna snap off, I'm thinkin 0 degree too, cuz these feel like old school shwin granny bars to me, all turned in and down, and they seem kinda short for a clutch and HB setup.
I just take off the high beam switch, you dont need it anyway....

but since you work at a machine shop......