What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:47 PM

moorport is a decent person
Re: What should I do?

Originally Posted by DEBO
I just take off the high beam switch, you dont need it anyway....

but since you work at a machine shop......
Yeah, I'll be building some more billet parts for this bike for sure! Clip ons are next on my list now. Then some rearsets cuz I know the stockers are gonna snap.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:48 PM

I got wires hangin out all over the front now and looks like I disconected the clutch swith with the high beem assembly, you guys bypass it?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:17 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Moorport, how close are you to the Riverside/Ontario area. I can help you with every step on that thing if you want
Old 06-26-2006, 08:28 PM

foxswank is an unknown quantity at this point

Full fairing stunters are the shiznet. Can't wait to have an F4I that nice. I have a 929 that I bought salvaged to stunt. I turned it into a streetfighter for I am just learning so less stuff to break. But I am also saving for an F4i that I am going to leave stock except for the cage.
Nice bike though!!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:37 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

got ***** man good luck, i had to but a new 636 just because i like a nice bike to street ride
Old 06-26-2006, 09:27 PM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point

here's the thing man.. you can sell your minty fairings for triple what youd spend on basic stunt parts.

i had the same idea with my 04 gsxr 600. it was perfect minty so i bought a wrecked tank and crappy fairings to use and store the original stuff. then i realized i was having more fun with it being a stunt bike and that i would probably buy a brand new bike rather then throw the original plastics back on.

besides, if you plan on NOT QUITTING stunting, whats the point of keeping factory plastics. the day you think your good enuf to risk putting them back on is the day you wad your **** up. dood you can sell a full set of mint plastics for $600-1000 easy. what im saying is you will make money buying replacement fairings cause even though it may sound like a good idea to keep your factory plastics for use later, you probably never will.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jsteezy
here's the thing man.. you can sell your minty fairings for triple what youd spend on basic stunt parts.

i had the same idea with my 04 gsxr 600. it was perfect minty so i bought a wrecked tank and crappy fairings to use and store the original stuff. then i realized i was having more fun with it being a stunt bike and that i would probably buy a brand new bike rather then throw the original plastics back on.

besides, if you plan on NOT QUITTING stunting, whats the point of keeping factory plastics. the day you think your good enuf to risk putting them back on is the day you wad your **** up. dood you can sell a full set of mint plastics for $600-1000 easy. what im saying is you will make money buying replacement fairings cause even though it may sound like a good idea to keep your factory plastics for use later, you probably never will.
Thats a good point, it also has a high mount pipe I don't want to run too, Leo vinci. I was thinking about selling the parts to pay for the cage and HB, the fairings and front clip are worth some $$ to someone. Maybe the pipe too, I got the stocker with the bike, I was thinkin about choppin it down about 6 inches. were is a good place to post up the original stuff if I decide to off it?
Old 06-26-2006, 11:49 PM

skidmark is a decent person

definetly save the good stuff if you're gonna stunt it. get a cheap e-bay tank and bash that in and ride it naked... and ya, sell it all and buy stunt parts
Old 06-27-2006, 01:26 AM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point

ebay is the way to go. and some advise..

you can get boxes perfect for fairings for free. visit your local bicycle store, make a friend, and they should give you the factory boxes the bike came in for nothing.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Moorport, how close are you to the Riverside/Ontario area. I can help you with every step on that thing if you want
I am all the way up in Pismo Beach, probly 3-4 hours north of you in the middle of no place To bad your not closer, I could use the help and it would be sweet to have someone to ride with, nothin but pussies with cherry bikes up here, no one stuntin anything except me.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

the pegs kick ****ing ***... just stunt the damn thing... take off the plastics and get basics down, while that ish is off, build a brace for the f4i tail behind driver seat, rearsets and rear peg brackets, and more neato **** to send brennan/us...
Old 06-28-2006, 03:36 AM

I got it all stripped down, exhaust cut down, and a handbrake fitting designed today. Now the bike won't start, I'm sure it is some wiring problem, I disconected the clutch and headlight and everything to take off the front clip. Anyone wanna break knowledge on the wiring, I wanna ride this thing tomarow and test out the new sprocket and handbrake!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:39 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moorport
I got it all stripped down, exhaust cut down, and a handbrake fitting designed today. Now the bike won't start, I'm sure it is some wiring problem, I disconected the clutch and headlight and everything to take off the front clip. Anyone wanna break knowledge on the wiring, I wanna ride this thing tomarow and test out the new sprocket and handbrake!
you need to put on the front harness and do the tip sensor. put the red and green wires together from the tip sensor and leave the middle one loose but tape them up. then go ride
Old 06-28-2006, 04:09 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moorport
I am all the way up in Pismo Beach, probly 3-4 hours north of you in the middle of no place To bad your not closer, I could use the help and it would be sweet to have someone to ride with, nothin but pussies with cherry bikes up here, no one stuntin anything except me.

Make the trip
Old 06-28-2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by suicidl
you need to put on the front harness and do the tip sensor. put the red and green wires together from the tip sensor and leave the middle one loose but tape them up. then go ride
Cool, thanks bro, I jumped the wires today and took it for a spin. I got a lot of work to do on the bike still, but I gotta find that balance point on it too, LOL. It feels like the 450 did when I first got it, a litte scary Got a handbrake workin desent, but no one finger action. Feels alot better with the gearing on it though!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:42 PM

RoadShark is an unknown quantity at this point

dude...
never buy a bike to screw it.... although if u hav done so then take all the gentlemens advice and start workin on it..
looks like u r pretty keen on stuntin ur f4i....
i say ride it... if u wanna stunt then strip it down,,,, put that sprocket on..., get some extra stunt parts so that when somethin goes wrong (god forbid)... ur bike dont hurt ur pocket...happy stunting.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:03 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ryan, I think bikes look like soldiers ready for battle when you set them up for stuntin. Then after ridin them for awhile, they began to look like battle hardened soldiers who've been thru war. It adds an unmistakable element when they aren't minty, like you actually ride and don't kickstand pimp. Just rock that s**t like a champ, remember merk steppin on a sportbike is way iller than the 450, 450's close but just not the same.

Damn that big bar kit is so ill on the XR I'm rockin **** like a champ now. Combos on the 50 are so fun. Hey when you get my extended brake arm for the back just send me one for the front instead.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:07 PM

Johnf is an unknown quantity at this point

stunt that shi$ man,,, i just bought an 05 gsxr 600 with 1k on it, and dented the tank that night
Old 06-29-2006, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Johnf
stunt that shi$ man,,, i just bought an 05 gsxr 600 with 1k on it, and dented the tank that night
Thats awsome!! I guess I was just bein a *****, thats what I bought it for anyway I still don't know if I can take the mallet to the tank yet though Maybe after I dump that **** on the asphault learnin circles!

You guys are a bad influence :YEAH
Old 06-29-2006, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Histamineblkr
Ryan, I think bikes look like soldiers ready for battle when you set them up for stuntin. Then after ridin them for awhile, they began to look like battle hardened soldiers who've been thru war. It adds an unmistakable element when they aren't minty, like you actually ride and don't kickstand pimp. Just rock that s**t like a champ, remember merk steppin on a sportbike is way iller than the 450, 450's close but just not the same.

Damn that big bar kit is so ill on the XR I'm rockin **** like a champ now. Combos on the 50 are so fun. Hey when you get my extended brake arm for the back just send me one for the front instead.
The 450 is the ****, I pulled a 10 trick circle combo on it tonight after a 8 trick straight line combo with a merk tossed in there. Hopefully I can transfer the skills to the 6 hundo, It just feels wierd cuz its got no ***** out of the hole and a grip of heat up top, but its gonna be fun learnin, as long as I don't wod myself up.

I'll get you that brake arm out, just let me know what color. I should be able to get some Stunt Pegs machined up to fit the GXR in the next couple weeks too, they feel sweet on the f4i!