where did some of you catch your fame from?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:08 PM

silver_rr is an unknown quantity at this point
where did some of you catch your fame from?

I was just curious on how all the pros out there got their breaks in the buisness, im just starting out but i would like this to become more then a hobby. My wife stands behind me the whole way and encourages me to push myself so really the only obstacle i have is myself to learn right now but i would like to know how most of you got your names out there and known.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person
Re: where did some of you catch your fame from?

I'd like to know,too!!! somebody post!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I think it's just about obviously getting some skills and getting out there doing rides, shows, and comps
Old 06-22-2006, 01:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

You just gotta get good, and start doing **** that no one else has came up with or can do..

If you ****, and can only do the same stunts as 1000 other people, your name wont get out there, and no one will give 2 ***** about you.

edit: If your just starting out, i'd suggest you watch some videos from this forum.. You'l **** yourself at how good these guys are. People spend hours everyday for years learning this ****.

Last edited by Towlieee; 06-22-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:41 PM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy a really expensive Camera, Get Skills, and a Good editing program.

Solicite yourself to sponsers like crazy too.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NME
I'd like to know,too!!! somebody post!!!
you try too hard. and your mohawk scares children...
Old 06-22-2006, 02:49 PM

silver_rr is an unknown quantity at this point

i've been riding for ten years and even before i started riding i was watching stunt videos it took me about 6 years to get into stunting if i get out early enough i practice the basic's for about 2 hours a night but i got to give it some of you the way you all change it up is sick. once i get the basics hammered im going to try some crazy ****.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 PM

crashalot is an unknown quantity at this point

very few people make a living at this . A lot of people have a family owned company or at least have a part time job. I do welding for several
well established crews and some upandcomers and they struggle like you
would not believe.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:07 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by FSPalex
you try too hard. and your mohawk scares children...
Holy **** I hate you.....
Old 06-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Well if you have stunning good looks, bike skillz, great personality, and awesome T-shirts like me you'll go far LOL
Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Its all about having a real big...

post count
Old 06-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
Its all about having a real big...

IM TRYING

post count
Old 06-23-2006, 11:34 AM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking Alot Of ****
Old 06-23-2006, 12:47 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

you want to be famous ? move to a desolate area (like where i live....it's about 20 years behind the times......you are allowed to smoke cigarrettes in the grocery store ....I **** you not ) Dont ever show anyone (including wives, friends, or girlfriends) any stunt videos or pictures....
then practice......... then even the weakest and easiest stunts could make you famous, locally.......(as that crazy guy with a deathwish ) j/k

Just have FUN !!! And if you think you are getting good enough....try a competition.....if you ARE good....you will earn your fame.

Shoot Some Video of Yourself....and post it here.... and you could be Judged by your peers.....

just make sure you are havin' fun
Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
you want to be famous ? move to a desolate area (like where i live....it's about 20 years behind the times......you are allowed to smoke cigarrettes in the grocery store ....I **** you not ) Dont ever show anyone (including wives, friends, or girlfriends) any stunt videos or pictures....
then practice......... then even the weakest and easiest stunts could make you famous, locally.......(as that crazy guy with a deathwish ) j/k

Just have FUN !!! And if you think you are getting good enough....try a competition.....if you ARE good....you will earn your fame.

Shoot Some Video of Yourself....and post it here.... and you could be Judged by your peers.....

just make sure you are havin' fun

aww **** id love to ba able to smoke in the grocery store...
Old 06-23-2006, 03:03 PM

MATT L is a decent person

A good way to do it is :

1) Get out there and travel
- Go to the comps as much as possible
- Try to land as many shows as you can
This will lead to you meeting alot of new people, not only stunters, but tons of other individuals.

There's tons of "Hometown" hero's out there, and even more "Stuntlife" hero's, but that doesnt mean anything.

Get out there, sacrifice, and build a good resume and you might have some success.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:10 PM

Fat Kid Racing is an unknown quantity at this point

try forming a team and find backroads with no cops like around here in south louisiana there are alot of great roads the go for miles to practice and once you get good moves just get better editing and make a small video just to get your name out there make your own moves i know its hard but since i started 4 years ago i came up with three really unique and sick tricks just try hard
sincerly
Fat Kid
Old 06-23-2006, 03:14 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

being a local hero is the best "fame" you can experience because the respect and admiration is around you every day and you get to experience it on a daily basis. Ride local. Ride hard and push yourself to become the best you can be. Your accomplishments will be appreciated most by the people who see your progression. Your new confidence will radiate in both your demeanor and your riding. You'll begin to ride better because you and other people believe in your talents. Then, and only then should you show the rest of the world what you have to offer.....and you better have something to offer. If you don't, you'll get lost amongst the minnows in the sea of stunting. If you do have something to offer, you will be immediately noticed and respected. By human nature we think people are better than they really are until proven different. So, with that said, you better be able to deliver and perform flawlessly what got you your newfound exposure. Then, once people realize you are not a fake the stage is set and the rest of the show is up to you.
If that doesn't work, I'm selling fame by the pound. I'll give you an address and you can send the check.

.........And one more thing: Be humble. If not, people will ultimately hope for your failure.

Last edited by Matt Gorka; 06-23-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:32 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
being a local hero is the best "fame" you can experience because the respect and admiration is around you every day and you get to experience it on a daily basis. Ride local. Ride hard and push yourself to become the best you can be. Your accomplishments will be appreciated most by the people who see your progression. Your new confidence will radiate in both your demeanor and your riding. You'll begin to ride better because you and other people believe in your talents. Then, and only then should you show the rest of the world what you have to offer.....and you better have something to offer. If you don't, you'll get lost amongst the minnows in the sea of stunting. If you do have something to offer, you will be immediately noticed and respected. By human nature we think people are better than they really are until proven different. So, with that said, you better be able to deliver and perform flawlessly what got you your newfound exposure. Then, once people realize you are not a fake the stage is set and the rest of the show is up to you.
If that doesn't work, I'm selling fame by the pound. I'll give you an address and you can send the check.

.........And one more thing: Be humble. If not, people will ultimately hope for your failure.
I'm really starting to hate this guy.... Does everything you say have to make sense?!?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:45 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

buy red shoes like darius , it makes you do better circles !

Quick Reply: where did some of you catch your fame from?