WTF Cops shut us down

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:13 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person
Re: WTF Cops shut us down

if the police are giving you a hard time, file a court case against them. During the proceedings, ask if it is legal for a racetrack to operate. When they say yes, you throw their own reasoning in their face and tell them that it is speeding, wreckless driving, and publicly accessible. These are some of the same charges they are trying to hit you with. They either need to force the racetrack to close, or allow you to ride since you have CLEAR WRITTEN PERMISSION. Also, attempt to get the owner of the spot to come and verify that he is the one who signed the document. They have already put the noose around their necks. all you have to do is knock out what they are standing on.

another detail: put up a barrier around the whole area. Even if that just means setting up lawn chairs and putting police tape around them. that is a barrier with the intent of keeping people out. also have pictures of that.

Last edited by jebova2301; 02-26-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pcp weelo
first off they cant write tickets for moving offeneces in a parking lot, i had a wreck once in a parking lot and its considering a no fault area cause its a parking lot. we had a cop try and tell us the same thing one time and i told them that the law states that unless the owner of the lot has a problem, or that it is endangering the safety of those who arent involve or watching, that there was **** they could do, then he agreed and told us to still take it somewhere else

its just them being some hating *** b!tches with nothing better to do but eat dounuts and get mad when others are off work and enjopying themselves, and all he has too look forward too is getting off in another 10 hours, going home to his fat wife and watch thier 5 kids while everyone else enjoys life and lives it too the fullest.

They CAN write you moving offenses. But on "no injury" accidents, cop's dont care to mess with it and its your own fault go on your own way.

Parking lots ARE considered streets if they are connected to a street.

You can't pull into walmart and get your car sideways at 100mph, just like you can't pull into a parking lot and do a wheelie.

Don't try to argue with the law cause they will bite back. If your NOT coned off from the street, it is a street, and they can ticket you for whatever they damn well please..
Old 02-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jebova2301
if the police are giving you a hard time, file a court case against them. During the proceedings, ask if it is legal for a racetrack to operate. When they say yes, you throw their own reasoning in their face and tell them that it is speeding, wreckless driving, and publicly accessible. These are some of the same charges they are trying to hit you with. They either need to force the racetrack to close, or allow you to ride since you have CLEAR WRITTEN PERMISSION. Also, attempt to get the owner of the spot to come and verify that he is the one who signed the document. They have already put the noose around their necks. all you have to do is knock out what they are standing on.
Soon as you find a race track that is connected directly to a public street, then I'll follow you.

until then, a race track is a CLOSED course, it does not have public access.

Originally Posted by IV
you know this was from 2006 right?
we're poachin spots all over the place now.
/sigh lol
damn thread diggers =\
Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Soon as you find a race track that is connected directly to a public street, then I'll follow you.

until then, a race track is a CLOSED course, it does not have public access.

/sigh lol
if you want, google "gateway raceway madison illinois" they hold drifting events in the parking lot that has a connection going straight to a very busy street. if you look using google maps, you can see an older picture of a figure eight where they were doing drifts...right next to Raceway Boulevard...which ties into illinois rt 203 leading to I-55/I-70, and highway 40
Old 02-26-2009, 03:30 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

if you want, google "gateway raceway madison illinois" they hold drifting events in the parking lot that has a connection going straight to a very busy street. if you look using google maps, you can see an older picture of a figure eight where they were doing drifts...right next to Raceway Boulevard...which ties into illinois rt 203 leading to I-55/I-70, and highway 40

You're quoting one circumstance involving drifting, which you're not even involved with ( and probably have limited knowledge in regards to circumstances), against a bunch of riders with a ton of experience with riding legally in parking lots?...... Brilliant!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:31 PM

Well if you wanna risk tickets at the expense of argueing the law with an officer, then be my friend

But I will tell you this, that is a sanctioned event, im sure they have permits from the city, and I know you don't have permits from anyone.

If you can go to your city and get a permit to perform stunts at a specific lot, then yes its perfectly legal.

But another thing, I'm not sure about, even if you have permission, its a closed course, the parking lot your stunting at isnt zoned as a 'race track' its a business...
So I'm PRETTY SURE your city can make a law banning all stunt riding in the city, and/or make a law banning motor sports at whatever lot your at..

What I'm getting at, is you need to kiss ***, be nice, and hope for the best. Thinking your right and telling a cop he can't do anything to you will NOT help..

If a cop pulls in my lot and threatens to give me tickets, I'll appologize and move on. I'm not gonna tell him he can't give me tickets, because believe me, they can. Sure it MIGHT not hold up in court, but screw going through all the hassle of court to begin with
Old 02-27-2009, 03:02 AM

fizoduck is a decent person

Originally Posted by IV
you know this was from 2006 right?
we're poachin spots all over the place now.

damn guys... im sorry for digging that old stuff out...
its still that fucked up here in germany thats why i searched while reading new threads and messed up...

mea culpa...
Old 02-27-2009, 04:26 PM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

1st of all...Holy crap this is an old thread!

And second, a parking lot is publicly accessible since it is not sectioned of. Yes a race track has public access, but can you actually walk out on the track? There are fences and gates running in between the crowd and the cars. This is for dragstrips as well. Additionally, they have permits and emergency personnel on site at all times.

We tried to have a get together at an old airstrip years ago and found out about getting permission and permits. Also about having an ambulance on site to make it legal. For the 7 of us that would be interested, it would have cost us $125 each just for that day.

And yeah, the cops were right and it wouldn't be easy to fight them. Usually when you do, they fight back...and they have more backup than we do. It would be ugly and would create more harassment. Not worth it all.

Besides Armenian (who started this thread) isn't even in this area anymore...

Oh yeah...did I say this is an old *** thread???

Last edited by zx636skiv; 02-27-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:52 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person

i really cant say what other state laws are but in the state of Illinois you can not be written a ticket in a parking lot especially if you have the owner's consent. if the city passes THEIR ordinance then it is possible. the only way you can be written a ticket is if you are DUI, or if you drive off of the parking lot and you are observed doing some type of illegal operation of a vehicle or motorbike in the parking lot, but that only gives a officer P.C. to stop you. now if the owner of the parking lot has no trespassing on their land or has told the police station of your activity then you can be wrote for your no trespassing and what other charges they want to give you. you can not recieve a ticket unless you have no valid drivers license, no insurance, expired registration...., etc...

other good idea for you and your friend whoever owns the land needs to get some sort of consent in writing and drop it off at the police station so they are aware of what is going on and that paper only gives permission to who evers name is on it.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:04 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Yea so I moved to Texas and fixed the shitty Virginia problems for good. **** VA!!

U guys should have seen the barriers at the stunt show last sunday at Cutie Pies in Grapevine. We were riding between bushes and orange cones hahaha.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

You need to get there badge numbers, have them call supervisor next time they come. If he backs them you file a formal complaint aginst all of them. Its private property, you dont even need to have a tag. They are highway patrol and they get away with **** like this because noone fights the man!! I work with law enforcement everyday and some are ok, and some are pieces of ****. The only thing that could **** you if the city passing an ordinance to shut you down at like 7-9 pm or some ****.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:20 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

Originally Posted by KENNETH929RR
i really cant say what other state laws are but in the state of Illinois you can not be written a ticket in a parking lot especially if you have the owner's consent. if the city passes THEIR ordinance then it is possible. the only way you can be written a ticket is if you are DUI, or if you drive off of the parking lot and you are observed doing some type of illegal operation of a vehicle or motorbike in the parking lot, but that only gives a officer P.C. to stop you. now if the owner of the parking lot has no trespassing on their land or has told the police station of your activity then you can be wrote for your no trespassing and what other charges they want to give you. you can not recieve a ticket unless you have no valid drivers license, no insurance, expired registration...., etc...

other good idea for you and your friend whoever owns the land needs to get some sort of consent in writing and drop it off at the police station so they are aware of what is going on and that paper only gives permission to who evers name is on it.
bah! good ****.. he beat me to it..
Old 02-28-2009, 08:19 AM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Heck the old Drive Time dealership on Military Highway turned into a stunt spot for about a month...I guess they got shut down because I haven't seen anyone there in a while...sucks. Not even sure if there is anywhere left around here. Heck, I haven't even seen a good wheelie in a long time either!

I saw the cops go into the Drive Time lot a few times, then leave, so I thought it might be good...guess not.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	221353