WTF Cops shut us down

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:24 PM

Rusty R.O. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: WTF Cops shut us down

That's a complete load of HORSE-****!!!! If that's the case, everyone at every NASCAR race or drag race would be getting reckless Op tickets and speeding tickets. They have barriers there to limit access, but they are still violating the "danger" clause by risking their own safety. Even still, a spectator could still get hurt in a freak accident. Are we going to outlaw everything dangerous? I guess no more sky diving or bungee jumping then... EVER. They're throwing their bacon around trying to steamroll you. Traffic laws don't apply on private property. That law sounds unconstitutional. For example, if a vehicle is driven on your property only, you don't need a registration for it or insurance (aka a pick-up used to haul hay/mulch on a farm). And if the laws do apply, why don't I have to have plates and insurance on my riding lawnmower?

It's time to make a stand. My advice: Push it. If they write you for it (which I doubt they will), simply blow it up. Go to the local papers/news stations and tell the story of how you are trying to do the right thing by staying off the streets, and the cops are pushing you out ON to the streets. Tell everyone who will listen. Go door to door and take a poll. Call radio stations. The only way you'll loose is if you have as corrupt a court system as we have here in Ohio. It's only a 100-200 dollar fine you are gambling on, and the bad PR for the cops will be worth WAY more than that.

Last edited by Rusty R.O.; 06-08-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:07 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Rusty R.O.
That's a complete load of HORSE-****!!!! If that's the case, everyone at every NASCAR race or drag race would be getting reckless Op tickets and speeding tickets. They have barriers there to limit access, but they are still violating the "danger" clause by risking their own safety. Even still, a spectator could still get hurt in a freak accident. Are we going to outlaw everything dangerous? I guess no more sky diving or bungee jumping then... EVER. They're throwing their bacon around trying to steamroll you. Traffic laws don't apply on private property. That law sounds unconstitutional. For example, if a vehicle is driven on your property only, you don't need a registration for it or insurance (aka a pick-up used to haul hay/mulch on a farm). And if the laws do apply, why don't I have to have plates and insurance on my riding lawnmower?

It's time to make a stand. My advice: Push it. If they write you for it (which I doubt they will), simply blow it up. Go to the local papers/news stations and tell the story of how you are trying to do the right thing by staying off the streets, and the cops are pushing you out ON to the streets. Tell everyone who will listen. Go door to door and take a poll. Call radio stations. The only way you'll loose is if you have as corrupt a court system as we have here in Ohio. It's only a 100-200 dollar fine you are gambling on, and the bad PR for the cops will be worth WAY more than that.
Apparently you missed VApigs posts.

State laws are different everywhere.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:21 PM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Rusty...did you read the whole post? I know it's a lot to read and all, but what the cops are saying is that any schmo can walk over from the K-Mart, Taco Bell, or just off the street to where we were stunting and get hit if we were to lose control. In a case like this ,in the state of VA, they are able to enforce the law. The officer that shut us down also stated that he have charged us with wreckless driving that night, but he didn't.
Unfortunatly, he had to do his job and enforce the law, which won't let us do it there. We need to find a spot with a fence around it that the general public can't just walk in on the action. Or our spot needs to be off the beaten path. The spot rocked, but the location didn't work.
In the meantime, I will keep looking! Always looking.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:35 PM

Alvin...thought you might get a kick outta this...remember Cycle Forums??!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	173403  
Old 06-08-2006, 06:52 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

46.2-864. Reckless driving on parking lots, etc.

A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who operates any motor vehicle at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person:

1. On any driveway or premises of a church, school, recreational facility, or business property open to the public; or
2. On the premises of any industrial establishment providing parking space for customers, patrons, or employees; or
3. On any highway under construction or not yet open to the public.[B]
Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person

Originally Posted by pcp weelo
first off they cant write tickets for moving offeneces in a parking lot, i had a wreck once in a parking lot and its considering a no fault area cause its a parking lot. we had a cop try and tell us the same thing one time and i told them that the law states that unless the owner of the lot has a problem, or that it is endangering the safety of those who arent involve or watching, that there was **** they could do, then he agreed and told us to still take it somewhere else

its just them being some hating *** b!tches with nothing better to do but eat dounuts and get mad when others are off work and enjopying themselves, and all he has too look forward too is getting off in another 10 hours, going home to his fat wife and watch thier 5 kids while everyone else enjoys life and lives it too the fullest.
haha ar eyou talkin about that fatass pig when i was like ITS A **** PRIVATE LOT and hes like HEY HEY come here now...haha he tried to be hard but in the end he knew what was up
Old 06-08-2006, 09:37 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

FTP
Old 06-12-2006, 01:15 PM

Rusty R.O. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Armenian
46.2-864. Reckless driving on parking lots, etc.

A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who operates any motor vehicle at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person:

1. On any driveway or premises of a church, school, recreational facility, or business property open to the public; or
2. On the premises of any industrial establishment providing parking space for customers, patrons, or employees; or
3. On any highway under construction or not yet open to the public.[B]
Uhhhhh, so that means that any stunt show that a businees owner has in his parking lot in Virginia is illegal? Any rider getting paid to stunt in a lot will get a reckless op ticket? I'm sure that has never happened in the state, even once. That law is phucked.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:26 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rusty R.O.
Uhhhhh, so that means that any stunt show that a businees owner has in his parking lot in Virginia is illegal? Any rider getting paid to stunt in a lot will get a reckless op ticket? I'm sure that has never happened in the state, even once. That law is phucked.
Yes it is phucked up
Old 06-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Corny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carl Stunts
The act of riding a wheelie on a motorcycle is NOT illegal. Just like the nascar comparison.
It is in NY now They made a law that states you must have both wheels on the ground.

I'm going to see if I can register my bike as a unicycle with a spare wheel heh
Old 06-13-2006, 04:08 PM

It is not illegal to have a stunt show in VA, as long as you go throught the proper channels. For instance, a couple months ago, a car show had IBP in to do a show. Because they had permits and event insurance, it was totally legal. About the only thing they might have been missing is an ambulance on hand. The cops came in and watched for a bit then left. Then again, that was Norfolk, and they aren't as bad as the Virginia Beach Ghestoppo (sp?)
Old 06-13-2006, 06:57 PM

hulkmn069 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i take it in the week that i have been gone this whole situation is still fuct eh? gd **** bastard wanna be's wearin polished pot metal badges that will shut down a lot but won't arrest a kid for smashing my neighbor's car while i watch when it was parked in out in the lot here at my appt WTF!!! virginia blows and i am going back to ohio asap.... hell my fridge just died too what a crappy day to come home

Last edited by hulkmn069; 06-13-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 PM

chapy4650 is an unknown quantity at this point

well here in florida the cops cant do **** if you have permission from the owner and if they do cite you with a ticket then thats when u wanna call ur attorney and start a little law suit now on any city road they can do whatever they want but yeah ide have the owner of the property go with you to court or whatever and state that **** that u were able to use the property....thats like stunt wars cops gonna shut that down due to wreckless driving?? i dont think so...thats on private property with permission from the owner? cops are such ****ers
Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 AM

The main issue was public access to the lot we had--if we had permission from an owner in a fenced in lot the cops would have no problem.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:02 AM

Kolat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Corny
It is in NY now They made a law that states you must have both wheels on the ground.

I'm going to see if I can register my bike as a unicycle with a spare wheel heh
No law in washington that states you need to have both tires on the ground but there is one that say you need your butt in the seat. Guess standups are illegal but sit downs are O.K.

T
Old 06-14-2006, 09:30 AM

thewibb is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you probably already have access to this, but it's worth a shot. State Statutes I am not sure that they aren't blowing smoke up your *** in this situation. The phrase "open to the public" may hold some value. I would talk to a lawyer and see if placing private property signs around the premise would help. I don't see a clause stating anything about barricades or fencing anywhere. I've done several different searches and am still reading. There are loopholes everywhere. On a side note, if VaPIG was being legit, that was a cool thing to do bro

Last edited by thewibb; 06-14-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:46 AM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Liability Release Form

I,__(NAME)________________________________________ _____here by agree to the following rules set forth by the property

owner,___(NAME)___________________________________ of said property, _(ADDRESS)________________________________________ _______,

__(CITY)_____________________________, __(STATE)________________________.

I agree that I have permission to operate my motorcycle, a __(MAKE/MODEL)____________________________________________ ___, VIN number

____________________________________________, on the above stated property. Under no circumstances is the owner of said

property responsible or liable for any damages, personal or property, to my motorcycle or myself. I am

fully and completely aware of the dangers involved in operating my vehicle. This includes, but is not

limited to: death, dismemberment, permanent or temporary impairment, paralysis, loss of limb(s), etc.

Under no circumstances do I have the legal right to pursue the property owner for compensation of

damages occurring to my motorcycle or myself. I also agree that any damage caused by my occupancy or

temporary use of the property is to be reported immediately to the property owner. It is solely my

responsibility to repair/correct any alterations I cause to the property. In the event the property owner

cannot be reached the caretaker,___________________________________, will be notified immediately. It is my responsibility to

provide, and wear, the appropriate safety gear while operating my motorcycle on the property. Public

access to the property will be restricted and controlled by the use of caution tape and or brightly colored

cones, which shall be removed before leaving the property. This is to prevent unauthorized access and deter

spectators. This is a legal binding agreement between the property owner and myself. I will not try and

alter, forge or destroy this agreement, which may be punishable by law, because I am entering into it

completely and willingly. Any violation of this agreement will result in my loss of privileges to access the

above referenced property, and legal action may be pursed by the owner. Any alterations to this agreement

must be made in writing and signed by both the motorcycle operator and the property owner. If the property

owner is unavailable the caretaker,____________________________________, shall serve as the needed signature. There will be no

exceptions.

Motorcycle Operator: ____________________________________ DOB: ____________
SIGNATURE
Contact phone #1: _________________________________Contact phone #2: _______________________________

Emergency Contact: __________________________________Phone: _________________

Property Owner/Caretaker: _______________________________________Date: ____________________
SIGNATURE

Maybe that might help i dont know but its worth a try.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:26 AM

thewibb is an unknown quantity at this point

I just read through again, and it doesn't appear that there are any stautes that would give them a leg to stand on. You might check out statute 18.2-134.1 about marking private property and point blank asking them what statute(s) they are basing their information on. They have to tell you by law what they are basing their decision on, it's public information. The only other thing to look at may be any overriding local statutes that may be caring precedence.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 PM

fizoduck is a decent person

i dont know much about us law and **** but how about caution tape around the whole spot? yeah i know it sounds gay and u need a lot of tape but it might work... (al least it does here in germany im pretty shure...)

just a thought... maybe it helps
Old 02-26-2009, 03:01 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fizoduck
i dont know much about us law and **** but how about caution tape around the whole spot? yeah i know it sounds gay and u need a lot of tape but it might work... (al least it does here in germany im pretty shure...)

just a thought... maybe it helps
you know this was from 2006 right?
we're poachin spots all over the place now.

Quick Reply: WTF Cops shut us down