WTF Cops shut us down

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:32 AM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person
Re: WTF Cops shut us down

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
Putting our differences aside.

That is just total bullshit, the VB cops are fucking ******** and always will be fucking ********. I would call the PD and talk to a supervisor, and ask specifically what law you are violating and get the RS number. Just in general the fucking pigs down in that area can suck a big fat cock. In my OWN YARD when I was living down there, I have gotten tickets for parking on MY LAWN! Gotten tickets for working on my vehicles in MY DRIVEWAY! Gotten tickets for having my jetski parked on MY GRASS!

I seriously don't know where that state gets off telling you what you can and cannot do on private property, thats why I had to get out of there and back to my state where I can ride around in a jeep, naked and shooting my shotgun and no one can say **** about it.

Seriously, make some calls and find out what law you are violating, maybe your idea of putting up cones is all it would take, so it's blocked off and not able to be driven through by the general public.
Well Adam how do you really feel?

Here's my input because we run into the shi-t all the time. It all depends on State and local law. Up here you can ride any public or private lot. Unless it's posted no tresspassing you can ride there. If it's a public lot and all the businesses are closed, then it now becomes a private lot. You can be there, but if asked to leave you must, unless you have written permission. If you have permission to be on that lot, you can actually have the cops leave. But, before you go crapping in some local popo's coffee, check to see how the laws are written and make copies of them. You local library will have copy of the RSA's. Grab a copy of, reckless operation of a motoer vehicle (or your state equivalent) and read it.

Ours reads somethig to the effect of
Operation of a motor vehicle in a reckless manner, blah, blah, blah............ on a public way. Now this is where the stating of the law becomes important. You need to find out your states deffinition of a public way. If a publc way does not include parking areas of closed businesses, you're golden.

That's all I got, hope it helps.

Last edited by IMR-Merlin; 06-06-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:40 AM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

this **** really is starting to **** *****, it seems like the stupid *** mother****ers with a badge on would rather have us out riding the streets so they can give us reckless tickets and so that we can have the chance to have a "school bus" or an 18 wheeler mow us down if something were to go wrong, instead of going slow and practicing our **** in a safe manor .doesn't make a lot of since.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:47 AM

Agreed, that's why I still rock a bone stock gixxer 1K. When ever the popo fuck with me in a lot, I just drive my stunter and trailer home and rock the shit outta the streets on it.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:20 AM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Godfather1138
...Contact the PD, City, and owners of property around your stunt area. As long as you set this up as a scheduled event (one a month, week, what ever) that both the PD and city know about they will work with you. ...
Should have read the replies. The Property owner gave complete permission, he has the info from the city, and is going to the police once everything is in order.

As for the scheduled event...we are looking for something daily. I tried to set up an even a couple years ago, and in VB there are a few things you have to do. You have to pay the city, event insurance, and taxes on the event. You also have to pay for an ambulance to be there the entire time that someone is riding. I don't remember the exact prices, but I remember that if we had 20 people out there is would still be more than $20 per person...just for one day.
So, since there were 3 of us out there the other night...it would have been about $130 per person!!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:08 PM

Krazy8z is an unknown quantity at this point

um, i didn't read the whole thread...but ya, they can give you a wreckless for stunting even if you're on private property and have permission. They can give you a wreckless on your own property (which is pretty f'ed up). it's an illegal activity...and they're out to get us...heck, i got threatened of a wreckless just the other night and was told there's no more stunting in my town. they ran my plates on my truck and ran my ID. sucks *****. they told me to rent out a track. ha! f'ers!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:41 PM

-RYNO is an unknown quantity at this point

thats the money spot right there too!just shoot them in in their face next time
Old 06-06-2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Krazy8z
um, i didn't read the whole thread...but ya, they can give you a wreckless for stunting even if you're on private property and have permission. They can give you a wreckless on your own property (which is pretty f'ed up). it's an illegal activity...and they're out to get us...heck, i got threatened of a wreckless just the other night and was told there's no more stunting in my town. they ran my plates on my truck and ran my ID. sucks *****. they told me to rent out a track. ha! f'ers!
Isn't a track private property? What makes that the exception to the law? Maybe my parking lot at my shop is a track too. fuck them.... hit the streets
Old 06-06-2006, 02:21 PM

Krazy8z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
Isn't a track private property? What makes that the exception to the law? Maybe my parking lot at my shop is a track too. fuck them.... hit the streets
yes, but you're paying for an ambulance, so somehow that's ok...

ya, ryan... cop was a jerk.. and darby was sad i got his spot closed down. he went there the next day (i went, but didn't unload) and then three cops came...and were MUCH nicer than the cop the day before...and they gave the lecture...and blah. dumb. actually, it was the same motorcycle cop that rode behind you as you wheelied at TWT. hahaa. that cop is cool! gave the whole arm waving speech..
Old 06-06-2006, 02:26 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

cops will give you tickets or arrest you if they want to,they dont like stunting so even if your in a lot your gonna get ****ed with.these days your less likely to be arrested or ticketed on the streets..at least your always moving and have chances to run.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by Krazy8z
well that must be in your state cause here in illinois if you have permission with a note signed by the owner and yourself you can stunt all night long as long as business hours are closed. atleast in our area of illinois.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:07 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

i dont know about there, but in cali if there is no posted sign that says vehicle code enforced, and you have persmission, then the cops cant say anything.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
cops will give you tickets or arrest you if they want to,they dont like stunting so even if your in a lot your gonna get ****ed with.these days your less likely to be arrested or ticketed on the streets..at least your always moving and have chances to run.
its not even worth running anymore... its such a big chance in life, just rollin' the dice everytime you do it. its not that serious to get killed over and all it takes is that one time. my age has kicked in and you'll feel it soon enough.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:14 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

1) a private access way or parking area provided for a
client or patron by a business, other than a private residential
property or the property of a garage or parking lot for which a
charge is made for the storing or parking of motor vehicles

thats the law here in texas... or what the law applies to or whatever. looks like they can do the same thing here, wow i guess alot of cops are cooler than i thought
Old 06-06-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by KENNETH929RR
its not even worth running anymore... its such a big chance in life, just rollin' the dice everytime you do it. its not that serious to get killed over and all it takes is that one time. my age has kicked in and you'll feel it soon enough.
I agree...finally got my insurance where I can afford it and been long enough that hopefully the next cop gives me a warning!! Besides, I have a family to go home to at night.

Kenneth...that's not really your real job on your profile is it??!!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:34 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Skiv Im meeting up with Sergeant Hayden Wednesday at 8:30pm he's off tonight--i got a few things to show him from the city attorney and maybe a few ideas for the access issue.

I was thinking about getting a bunch of scrap motorcycle tires or maybe car tires and stacking them up on both entrances--hows that sound?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:37 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by KENNETH929RR
i cant stop,bikes not licenced,no licence myself, no insurance.,and warrents..so i gotta roll..not trying to sound like a hardass but running is a part of street riding for me.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

i cant stop,bikes not licenced,no licence myself, no insurance.,and warrents..so i gotta roll..not trying to sound like a hardass but running is a part of street riding for me.
Then you should'nt be on the street period. Good luck when you get caught esp. if you got warrants.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

same with me... we just gotta do what we do to do what we love:YEAH
Old 06-06-2006, 11:47 PM

your not bro, dont even worry about it. just trying to throw some advise out there thats all.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Armenian
Skiv Im meeting up with Sergeant Hayden Wednesday at 8:30pm he's off tonight--i got a few things to show him from the city attorney and maybe a few ideas for the access issue.

I was thinking about getting a bunch of scrap motorcycle tires or maybe car tires and stacking them up on both entrances--hows that sound?
The only problem I see with that is that he wanted a barricade strong enough to stop a bike 360 degrees around the spot. Also, you would have to have 20 - 30 tires just to do the entrances.

Originally Posted by Armenian
Then you should'nt be on the street period. Good luck when you get caught esp. if you got warrants.
Exactly....eventually you will get caught. I went 3 years w/o insurance, but when I got caught, it cost me. What's really strange is hearing Alvin tell someone that!!!

Quick Reply: WTF Cops shut us down