?'s on how to go about finding a pactice spot and what to look for

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:55 PM

hotstang46 is an unknown quantity at this point
?'s on how to go about finding a pactice spot and what to look for

I have no idea where to begin, I just moved to california, now granted i'm not a stunter of huge abilities like circle wheelies and such, but i like a place to practice and improve without the risk of trouble. I'm in palm desert CA (palm springs) so i'm in the desert, so there are deserted roads, but they're usually bordered by sand and not the best to be practicing on, with coppers still going by now and again.

I don't even know the first thing about how to gain access to a large parking lot to practice in....Do i talk to the company, do people just go and do it? I'm done with the highway crap for practicing wheelies, too risky!

any advice on what i should look for and/ or to secure a nice safe place for me to practice would be great, thanks
Old 05-16-2006, 07:57 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person
Re: ?'s on how to go about finding a pactice spot and what to look for

Look for warehouses that are closed at night and have lighting and that is set back from any major roads good luck
Old 05-16-2006, 08:02 PM

wouldn't almost all warehouses have security?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:22 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

go to the industrial area or look for big loading docks
Old 05-16-2006, 11:55 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

church's....:YEAH
Old 05-16-2006, 11:58 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

^ methodist churches:YEAH
Old 05-17-2006, 03:46 AM

ok i know industrial areas but i thought that when people are doing this they're getting permission from the business/s....So am i to think if I find an industrial place and it's during the weekend i will be cool?
Old 05-17-2006, 04:48 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Temporarily--look near interstates and NON residential areas--if there are houses nearby its pretty much guaranteed a call to the police for noise pollution and reckless driving.

When and if you find a spot dont do burnouts or leave trash behind--they hate that.

To get written permission you gotta know people--I just got written permission at a local car wash station--the guy that owns the place rides an R6 and he's cool as hell to let us stunt and actually sign our waivers--the cops can do nothing--its great!!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:07 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

just find an industrial park that closes at nmight and on weekends like said above. I got permission for a small lot right down the street. Usually just ride the 50 there its not big at all. I have a pretty nice lot within 20 mins has 1 mile stretch of road going through the industrial park and big parking lots behind every building.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:55 AM

I'm going to be doing a little checking around today....now say i find a nice looking lot, what would be the best way to approach them and what do i say? I'd really like it to be legit, but should i just not say anything? would anyone post/pm with what you've said or written to someone before.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:30 PM

ahenry is a decent person

Dont say anything, cause im sure there going to say no, just do it when there closed at night, sometimes a janitor may come out and cheer you on, but tell him not to say anything. If you could find a completly closed wharehouse that would be the best. as you get better you will need alot less room and you could then practice in you driveway or kitchen.lol
Old 05-17-2006, 12:44 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Don't bring tons of friends either

Our spot goes from being a spot to bring a couple fiddys, and a couple big bikes, to the spot that people bring all there 4 wheelers and drinking parters and do burnouts through the grass the whole time
Old 05-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

yep or strike it big and find a road where the cops come and watch while you do hella burnouts cheering you on the whole time... lololol... then the property owner of the lot you park and chill in is cool as hell and comes out and grills with you, then busts out his 10d and offers to email you pictures while telling you about the other grills that he doesnt mind if we use... HOLLA!!! Definately best to just not have the owner of a warehouse to know you are there, atleast in MO, as long as its not posted, and you havent been asked to leave, you have every right to be there until one or the other happens, or you are causing property destruction. I know popo is a bit more heated in CA, but like i said, out of sight out of mind....
Old 05-17-2006, 04:10 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ahenry
Dont say anything, cause im sure there going to say no, just do it when there closed at night, sometimes a janitor may come out and cheer you on, but tell him not to say anything. If you could find a completly closed wharehouse that would be the best. as you get better you will need alot less room and you could then practice in you driveway or kitchen.lol
+1 the best lesson I learned in the service is, it's better to beg forgiveness, than ask permission!! And don't tell anyone about your spot, cuz it'll blow up in no time!! Good Luck Man!!
Old 05-17-2006, 04:31 PM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=skillz954]+1 And don't tell anyone about your spot, cuz it'll blow up in no time!!
Tell noone of your spot unless very trusted. A guy in our crew who we thought was cool told a few about our spot. Now we have people there all day every day power wheelies at 100. We went out to practice and even the drag racers were out there in their cars Tell NOONE!
Old 05-17-2006, 04:59 PM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

even the drag racers were out there in their cars
but i hate that ****
Old 05-17-2006, 05:36 PM

Scott982 is a decent person

Definately don't go ask cause nobody is gonna yes cause of how easily they could get sued, just keep it on the DL or you will lose it with a quickness.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:49 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

heres mine and i have permission..............

you just have to act some what senseble if your going to ask permission and keep it clean. i told the guy who lets me ride here that ill keep a watch out for people hunting in the back woods and also keep people out of there who want to fuc.k around plus a satellite station where some truck company parks there trailers so i watch that to while im there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	p lot 1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	171692  
Old 05-17-2006, 05:55 PM

alright awesome, I have a plan of attack now. On to the most difficult part, finding a good spot, which i think will be tough in my neck of the woods due to the severe lack of industrial.

In fact the only industrial is in a terrible neighborhoodabout 25 mins away, but i guess if i can get tucked away, no one will notice and i shouldn't have a problem! Come to think of it, can't say i've really ever noticed an "Upper Class" industrial neighborhood..lol

thanks all!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:06 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in a pretty small place with extremely small number of places to ride. There are good lots and roads but mostly in residential areas or near main roads where cops go by day and night. So I'm pretty much left with school playgrounds, sport playgrounds, some small lots with bad/cracked pavement and few roads that are good and have little traffic.

Quick Reply: ?'s on how to go about finding a pactice spot and what to look for