?'s on how to go about finding a pactice spot and what to look for

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 AM

cbrman77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ?'s on how to go about finding a pactice spot and what to look for

I saw one important comment in these posts and I can't stress enough make sure it is not posted.

I have a local spot where I stunt the 50 at. Me and one other dude I ride with know of this spot. One night we were riding and a cop pulled up. It appears that some cars were out in the lot next door drifting/doing donuts so they patrol on the weekends. He said since there wasn't any 'no trespassing' signs posted and it appeared we werent causing damage he didn't see a problem with it. He took down our info and gave it to the property owners and told em what we were doing.

Never heard back from the property owners.

Asking permission is prolly not the best idea. Remember if you get hurt on their property even with a waiver you can still sue them. The company's insurance would more than likely drop them and or refuse to pay cause they were knowingly allowing potentially dangerous activities to occur on their property. It's all about liabilty and well lawyers will sue for anything now.

Make sure you are respectful of the property. Leave no trash, try not to ride too close to the buildings, don't do burnouts. Basically if they don't notice anyone has been there they won't make a stink. If they realize someone has been there, they will get security or request the cops patrol the area.

Good luck
Old 05-19-2006, 07:18 AM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cbrman77
I saw one important comment in these posts and I can't stress enough make sure it is not posted.

I have a local spot where I stunt the 50 at. Me and one other dude I ride with know of this spot. One night we were riding and a cop pulled up. It appears that some cars were out in the lot next door drifting/doing donuts so they patrol on the weekends. He said since there wasn't any 'no trespassing' signs posted and it appeared we werent causing damage he didn't see a problem with it. He took down our info and gave it to the property owners and told em what we were doing.

Never heard back from the property owners.

Asking permission is prolly not the best idea. Remember if you get hurt on their property even with a waiver you can still sue them. The company's insurance would more than likely drop them and or refuse to pay cause they were knowingly allowing potentially dangerous activities to occur on their property. It's all about liabilty and well lawyers will sue for anything now.

Make sure you are respectful of the property. Leave no trash, try not to ride too close to the buildings, don't do burnouts. Basically if they don't notice anyone has been there they won't make a stink. If they realize someone has been there, they will get security or request the cops patrol the area.

Good luck

def. a good point.......... to easy to over look
Old 05-19-2006, 02:47 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hotstang46
finding a good spot, which i think will be tough in my neck of the woods due to the severe lack of industrial
!

Didn't know chicago lacked any industry