Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:51 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Re: phoenix XDL results..

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
side skitch.......bwaaaa. Where's the handstands? Switchbacks? lol

Paw Paw
you know I didnt see one bar trick the whole weekend, you could have really added to the show
Old 05-15-2006, 11:55 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
you know I didnt see one bar trick the whole weekend, you could have really added to the show
what kind of a damn freak show was that? No bar tricks? What's the world coming too? lol What about FIB? Schooler would cry if there was none of that.lol

Paw Paw
Old 05-16-2006, 12:28 AM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
what kind of a damn freak show was that? No bar tricks? What's the world coming too? lol What about FIB? Schooler would cry if there was none of that.lol

Paw Paw
There definitely was some FIB!!! I was surprised that there were no bar tricks... probably would of done some good to some of the riders scoring that do know how to do them "well".
Old 05-16-2006, 12:56 AM

dvsryders_grym is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't get to see the final runs only qualifing runs, but if u want me to post those let me know and i'll link them here ..
Old 05-16-2006, 01:03 AM

Schooler is a decent person

When are you gonna make it out to any event? Yoiu just sit behind a computed that you can hardly operate and talk $hit.
yeah pretty much..lol..m not tlaking ****..im simply stating what happened at the xdl event...and i told you its all good..and ur right..i cnat operate a computer..and i could relaly give a ****..oh and i could give a **** about ym spelling too..people seem to think that matters for some reason
Old 05-16-2006, 01:07 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dvsryders_grym
I didn't get to see the final runs only qualifing runs, but if u want me to post those let me know and i'll link them here ..

do it
Old 05-16-2006, 01:39 AM

terrible1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was there and the judging was right on. Fellow riders were the judge riders that are friends with most of the riders so it was legit. for you guys that dont think kane should have won you are just haters. you may not like him even thought is an awsome person, and one of the best stunters their is. the best always come out on top.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:59 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by terrible1
I was there and the judging was right on. Fellow riders were the judge riders that are friends with most of the riders so it was legit. for you guys that dont think kane should have won you are just haters. you may not like him even thought is an awsome person, and one of the best stunters their is. the best always come out on top.

did kane make a new account to swing from his own nuts?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:18 AM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
did kane make a new account to swing from his own nuts?

oooohhhh lil zackie poo.................................always up to no good aren't you?????????????????........................
Old 05-16-2006, 02:26 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

the bottom line is this.. input from people who were present and competing is being taken into great consideration and any neccessary modifications that need to be made will be... other than that, I am sure no one who was there will complain about how well our portion of the event was ran and how well they were treated...

free admission(s), free entry fees, free lunches, free dinners, free waters

rider packages that clearly outlined the judging criteria and the entire schedule

an on spot format for the competition that should be the standard for any competition ever

nice payouts... nice "BIG" checks, awesome trophies, lots of practice time, umbrella girls....

oh and the number 1 qualifier got to go last in the finals adding to the drama and the show

ya know.. its the little things

the people with GT Live were pleased with our format and show
as well as the people at Phoenix Raceway and the people who flew in from VIR to watch the event

I can honestly say that I feel like this was the most well put together competition ever...and besides the event in houston at reliant stadium last year, probably the most spectator friendly stunt event ever.... I am very proud of the accomplishments that 28 people made this weekend

23 of the greatest riders
4 judges who cared and took thier jobs seriously
and myself..... I am very humbled by the kind words I recieved from everyone about the event

Thanks

PS now lets see some pics of those big checks and ****!!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:32 AM

Aite here are a few qualifing clips below, my boy recorded them, who just got into sportbikes he a noobie and also amatuer recorder but loving every minute of it, so hope you enjoy them ... i took the pics which i will get up later ..

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/J-Beats.wmv

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/Aaron.wmv

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/darius.wmv

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/kane.wmv

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/warren.wmv
Old 05-16-2006, 02:43 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Aite here are a few qualifing clips below, my boy recorded them, who just got into sportbikes he a noobie and also amatuer recorder but loving every minute of it, so hope you enjoy them ... i took the pics which i will get up later ..

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/J-Beats.wmv

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/Aaron.wmv

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/Darius.wmv

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/kane.wmv

http://www.dvsryders.com/videos/warren.wmv

mine isnt working?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:50 AM

mine isnt working?

My bad D, suppose to be a lowercase d on it .. try it now .. BTW good job out there, didnt get a chance to meet you maybe next time ..
Old 05-16-2006, 03:04 AM
SERVIN IT UP

My bad D, suppose to be a lowercase d on it .. try it now .. BTW good job out there, didnt get a chance to meet you maybe next time ..
thanks man!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:06 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

The event organization was good, yes it was too hot but not that bad. The area was decent, big enough in size but the surface was pretty unpredicatble and sliding out on stoppies was pretty common. I saw the final scoring and found a few things I didnt agree with, 1st was I did 5 acros and only got scored for 4. Asked the scoring judge and he couldnt even remember what was going on 5 minutes earlier. My final score was 83 vs Kanes 86. I saw the score sheet and under overall difficulty both me and kane scored 15. Now if highchair circles, fast circles, nt flamingo circles, frog flamingo circles. etc doesnt beat out a handstand and a christ drop to feet over then someone doesnt know very much about what's difficult. Kane did put on a good run I'll give him that. I didnt read any of the other catergories but we were obviously close. It was a fun event and I'm sure everyone who does virginia will have a great time.
I was the difficulty judge and you and Kane only (if I recall correctly) received my highest score of 15. I had broken down the 4 categories to make it sensible.

Your run received the following

5 points for the wheelie category (Alex, Bling, and Phil also received 5 for tank circles / Alex for mad man tricks)
4 points for the endo category (no rider received 5 endo points)
3 points for burnout (if you would have done your limiter no hander or the super Larry's I would have given you 5)
3 points for your akro (this is a given)

Kane received

3 points for the wheelie category (flamingo circles are worth a measly 3 points in my eyes)
4 points for the endo category (again no rider received 5 endo points)
4 points for burnout he had a good amount of burnout variation as well as a decently high difficulty rating
4 points for akro (he deserved it acid drop, switchback insane, all what you said should not beat your wheelie tricks, and if you look at it and compare it, I didn't give him a score as high as I did your wheelie score of 5 because he didn't do the high chair circle of the akro world)

You're a better technical rider without doubt, but when it comes to being well rounded in other categories your akro could use a boost and your capable of the nastiest Larry's and other burnouts that would have pushed you up 2 points there too. I wouldn't say I don't know what's difficult, but when I have total of 20 points and each category had its level of difficulty then its best to max out each one with your best/hardest tricks. I may have made an error. But no other rider received higher than a 15 and I believe it was only you two who received that score. Judging is hard business, being fair and judging your friends is no joke, for example people I have the most love for had received my scores of 8.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 AM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
I was the difficulty judge and you and Kane only (if I recall correctly) received my highest score of 15. I had broken down the 4 categories to make it sensible.

Your run received the following

5 points for the wheelie category (Alex, Bling, and Phil also received 5 for tank circles / Alex for mad man tricks)
4 points for the endo category (no rider received 5 endo points)
3 points for burnout (if you would have done your limiter no hander or the super Larry's I would have given you 5)
3 points for your akro (this is a given)

Kane received

3 points for the wheelie category (flamingo circles are worth a measly 3 points in my eyes)
4 points for the endo category (again no rider received 5 endo points)
4 points for burnout he had a good amount of burnout variation as well as a decently high difficulty rating
4 points for akro (he deserved it acid drop, switchback insane, all what you said should not beat your wheelie tricks, and if you look at it and compare it, I didn't give him a score as high as I did your wheelie score of 5 because he didn't do the high chair circle of the akro world)

You're a better technical rider without doubt, but when it comes to being well rounded in other categories your akro could use a boost and your capable of the nastiest Larry's and other burnouts that would have pushed you up 2 points there too. I wouldn't say I don't know what's difficult, but when I have total of 20 points and each category had its level of difficulty then its best to max out each one with your best/hardest tricks. I may have made an error. But no other rider received higher than a 15 and I believe it was only you two who received that score. Judging is hard business, being fair and judging your friends is no joke, for example people I have the most love for had received my scores of 8.
To add to this I have to put in my input on judging.

It isnt easy to do when you personally know like 80% of the riders and have respect for them and have partied with them many times. Nick and i spoke on this and its really hard to have that kinda money and respect in your hands. Personally i felt really bad for Alex, cause he threw down a NASTY *** run, I loved it, but he ended up getting 4th, and the dissapointment with it you could see in his deminor, and i hate to have friends feel like that. The judging was very well layed out in my opinion, and fair, but might need a bit of tuning which im sure thomas will deal with.

I mean its all a growing process and i feel that thomas and XDL put on a sick event. Everything was top notch and the people running it were really happy with the way it went, except maybe thursday night at the hotel ..... but i mean really who puts that many stunners in the same hotel .... that gives 3 free drinks at happy hour? haha
Old 05-16-2006, 04:15 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Why not add measurable things like longest/timed stoppie, longest/timed no hander or other wheelie variation? I'm sure you could dream up other measureable events for other tricks too, it's just an idea,but theres no arguing over numbers. P.S. everyone looked great from those clips! congrats everyone! Thomas, great job too. -d
Old 05-16-2006, 04:22 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by DLish
Why not add measurable things like longest/timed stoppie, longest/timed no hander or other wheelie variation? I'm sure you could dream up other measureable events for other tricks too, it's just an idea,but theres no arguing over numbers. P.S. everyone looked great from those clips! congrats everyone! Thomas, great job too. -d
I think they can get a little boring. Nothing is worse as a spectator than watching 10 people do a no hander for XXXX feet. I personally like the format and the simple event of best individual with a high pay out. It also makes for a fast event with decent down time to relax for the competitors between qualification and finals. Only an endo competition to me is a good thing, shame I can't endo for ****. All comparable sports have this same trouble, nature of freestyle.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Blue light means go?

Evan is an unknown quantity at this point

Dammm T I haven't heard you on the mic in a minute and you my man have stepped it the fukck up and you were already off the hook

Outstanding

Great job on the entire event!
-E
Old 05-16-2006, 08:06 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
I think they can get a little boring. Nothing is worse as a spectator than watching 10 people do a no hander for XXXX feet. Only an endo competition to me is a good thing, shame I can't endo for ****. All comparable sports have this same trouble, nature of freestyle.
good points, maybe timed or distance with amount of combos in 1 wheelie

Last edited by DLISH; 05-16-2006 at 08:10 AM.

Quick Reply: phoenix XDL results..