phoenix XDL results..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 04:00 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: phoenix XDL results..

drifting was killer.. i got hit in the face with a rock by one...its all day lonh so should be worth it out there.. but 100* all day in the sun.. no thanks
Old 05-15-2006, 04:10 PM

HPStunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
I was one of the judges along with Mikey SBF, G from SIC, and Ben from HIB. Under the scoring format we were giving I'm confident that everyone received not only a fair but accurate place. I've not read anything more than your comment so if you've already apologized for making an *** out of yourself I'm sorry to continue to point out how wrong you are. Colton can/did/will school tons of people out there. The kid would have done much better than me if I was riding in the event. The only thing that put him where he landed was his skills.
I hear all this stuff about scoring an sh**, but it just seems funny that we got nine good riders and then come to the 10th place and we say, oh yeah, we need to be nice to the kid and get him in there, Ok let’s get Aaron Colton in there at #10!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:24 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

he rode good... thats that
Old 05-15-2006, 04:27 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by HPStunter
I hear all this stuff about scoring an sh**, but it just seems funny that we got nine good riders and then come to the 10th place and we say, oh yeah, we need to be nice to the kid and get him in there, Ok let’s get Aaron Colton in there at #10!
Aaron was middle of the pack (6-7th?) in both the qualifiers and the finials. There were 23 people for 10 spots and his placement was fair. Age had nothing to do with it. Our judging criteria had no room for bullshit, no sympathy box. You're on point and versatile or you're not making it. This contest should be a nice wakeup call for all of us who think stuntriding is simply variations of a wheelie. In short, Aaron killed it, had locked down a lot of hard tricks, was versatile and polished. Look out for this kid and step up your game if you don't like your *** handed to you buy a 14 year old, modest, hard working, deserving little man.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:39 PM

OneUpMoto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DUMPstar
are you joking aaron colton qualified let me guess a crowd favorite? or did his father and uncle talk to someone to get him qualified
Thanks Nick!

At XDL Aaron qualified for the finals by placing 6th in the qualifiers. Aaron added stunts to his final run and stepped it up for the finals, but so did everybody else. Aaron had a clean run in the qualifiers, but had a couple of bobbles in his final run and the judges deducted points for the errors. Aaron’s placement after the final runs was 8th place. I was happy with how he did so I didn't have to beat him and chain him to the bike without dinner. I really get tired with all this pushing I supposedly have to do! Hey, in a few weeks he'll be 14 and a half, maybe that will make you feel better...but I doubt it!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:46 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by OneUpMoto
Thanks Nick!

At XDL Aaron qualified for the finals by placing 6th in the qualifiers. Aaron added stunts to his final run and stepped it up for the finals, but so did everybody else. Aaron had a clean run in the qualifiers, but had a couple of bobbles in his final run and the judges deducted points for the errors. Aaron’s placement after the final runs was 8th place. I was happy with how he did so I didn't have to beat him and chain him to the bike without dinner. I really get tired with all this pushing I supposedly have to do! Hey, in a few weeks he'll be 14 and a half, maybe that will make you feel better...but I doubt it!
Ha Ha! All these guys on here are "Hating" cuz there getting schooled by a 14yr old. I'm origionally from the Twin Cities so I got to say congrats to Aaron! :YEAH
Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sillyneck
Alot of people seem mad at the judging format....nobody has really tried to explain it like this so I'll see if it helps.

Anyone remember school? College mainly, if it applies. When the teacher gives you an outline for what an essay has to include, you write your essay following those guidelines and you try to make it interesting. If you spell ****face wrong you lose points. If you miss a period you lose points. If you don't cover a topic, then you don't acquire all possible points. If you wrote it on a post it note or torn out binder paper versus using a nice word processor, you lose points. Ya feel me? This format pushes people to be well rounded, have shiney ****, play nice with the crowd, and boost the over all professionalism of the sport. One more step towards the sport going somewhere. Oh yea and I'm not complaining because I got one of those big checks
Well put.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by COOP 1
First weekend in October at Virginia International Raceway near Danville, VA.

What exactly is GTLive? What's the rest of the show like at these events besides the stunt comp? As a fan, I'm really only interested in the stunt bike comp, and as someone else said in this thread, $35 a ticket seems a bit much. Was the rest of the show worth it? What "IS" the rest of the show? Thanks.
if you start saving now you might be able to afford it, do it for the sport.

this weekend there was drifting and stock car racing too, along with a vendor show.

its worth the money
Old 05-15-2006, 05:29 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OneUpMoto
Thanks Nick!

Amen, as one of the judges the kid put on a solid run, really solid, so theres no age bracket in the judging. Hell hes almost as big and skinny as kane haha. Probalby one of the most humble guys out there, ready to learn, so keep your eye out.

Keep hating on a 14 year old all you want, cause while youre hating, hes riding and bettering his game. So you can talk or you can cry about it, but hes on the come up.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:51 PM

Justin- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
I was one of the judges along with Mikey SBF, G from SIC, and Ben from HIB. Under the scoring format we were giving I'm confident that everyone received not only a fair but accurate place. I've not read anything more than your comment so if you've already apologized for making an *** out of yourself I'm sorry to continue to point out how wrong you are. Colton can/did/will school tons of people out there. The kid would have done much better than me if I was riding in the event. The only thing that put him where he landed was his skills.
Nick's right he was smooth on his runs and he got what i thought was fair
Old 05-15-2006, 05:55 PM

Justin- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
Amen, as one of the judges the kid put on a solid run, really solid, so theres no age bracket in the judging. Hell hes almost as big and skinny as kane haha. Probalby one of the most humble guys out there, ready to learn, so keep your eye out.

Keep hating on a 14 year old all you want, cause while youre hating, hes riding and bettering his game. So you can talk or you can cry about it, but hes on the come up.
True to that not {ockie or nothing down to earth and ready to ride. maybe next time we well ride( dam AZ heat will stop anyone from riding, Mad props to all that did )
Old 05-15-2006, 06:09 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

so anyone have footage of the solid mystery run...personally i just wanna see wat a "good run" in the judges eyes looks like
Old 05-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
so anyone have footage of the solid mystery run...personally i just wanna see wat a "good run" in the judges eyes looks like
+1 id like to see some video
Old 05-15-2006, 07:19 PM

Siks3Siks is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it was the handstand burnout that sealed it or maybe it was the front flip kickstand park ,lol. Jay Bling with that no hander scrape was crazy ,well it was more of a tap ,but that **** was pretty sick. X10 on the hella hot and the ****in $7 dollar will call fee ,bastards. The drifting was ****in sick. Warren pile driving into the wall was ****ed up man ,hope homeboy is doing alright.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:25 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by socalstunts
How bout doing the finals in VEGAS???
hell yea,I'll bring bb gun
Old 05-15-2006, 07:34 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by Artiom
hell yea,I'll bring bb gun
Art...ur accient kills me!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:48 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
if you start saving now you might be able to afford it, do it for the sport.

this weekend there was drifting and stock car racing too, along with a vendor show.

its worth the money
Sounds like a good show.

I'm sure they'll have the same things at VIR.

I'd like to see some good drifting with both cars and bikes.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah car drifting was outta control. specialy when they dipped out to get the cars cooled down...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:59 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

it seems that most of the people that continue talking trash about a 14yr old kid are the people that have not rode with him, seen him, and especially, know him personally. He doesn't have a video so most of you are unable to really see his true/good riding in the snow in december. You may have seen a run or two here and there that wasn't all that great BUT can anyone name a rider that has never had a bad competition run?? Didn't think so, he is human and he does have bad runs like the rest of us. From what i understand he came out and rode like he is capable of. Which, at his age is none the less impressive even if arguably not place worthy. Also, as one of the very and i mean very few people who have wittnessed Aaron's rise in this sport from the beginning. He has come along way to someone that i now fear when i line up next to him at a competition. Aaron has a lot of skills, is a very determined rider, and in my eyes he is still one of the very few riders that loves nothing but his bike and pushing himself to learn or try new tricks. It's like any other sport, you don't think people talked **** about Travis pastrana killing it at such a young age or ryan sheckler doing the same in skateboarding (i believe sheckler was 12 or 13 when he won his first X games gold.) all in all i think aaron is an example of the future of this sport, and just like every other xtreme sport that has come before us, the younger generation will be pushin harder and riding harder than us dinosaurs who are too concerned about money, girls and fame. So i end this with one last statement: Watch out for the GROMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tice
HAI Bike Shop
Proud Colton Family Supporter
Old 05-15-2006, 08:02 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

Originally Posted by unknownrider
it seems that most of the people that continue talking trash about a 14yr old kid are the people that have not rode with him, seen him, and especially, know him personally. He doesn't have a video so most of you are unable to really see his true/good riding in the snow in december. You may have seen a run or two here and there that wasn't all that great BUT can anyone name a rider that has never had a bad competition run?? Didn't think so, he is human and he does have bad runs like the rest of us. From what i understand he came out and rode like he is capable of. Which, at his age is none the less impressive even if arguably not place worthy. Also, as one of the very and i mean very few people who have wittnessed Aaron's rise in this sport from the beginning. He has come along way to someone that i now fear when i line up next to him at a competition. Aaron has a lot of skills, is a very determined rider, and in my eyes he is still one of the very few riders that loves nothing but his bike and pushing himself to learn or try new tricks. It's like any other sport, you don't think people talked **** about Travis pastrana killing it at such a young age or ryan sheckler doing the same in skateboarding (i believe sheckler was 12 or 13 when he won his first X games gold.) all in all i think aaron is an example of the future of this sport, and just like every other xtreme sport that has come before us, the younger generation will be pushin harder and riding harder than us dinosaurs who are too concerned about money, girls and fame. So i end this with one last statement: Watch out for the GROMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tice
HAI Bike Shop
Proud Colton Family Supporter
and this sir is one of the reasons i retired and the fact i **** lol

Quick Reply: phoenix XDL results..