Its Coming Along!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
Re: Its Coming Along!!!

Originally Posted by john LegionST
ill have to try to get a pic up, its a 636 and i only cut a 3 inch by 1 inch slot in each side of the tail down close to the undertail and about 4 inches from the end of the tail, the bar comes out there and wraps around. the bar hides the hole pretty well! i could do even better next time. the key thing with my roundbar is that the WHOLE rear of the tail and the taillight are perfectly STOCK!!!
thats ****in clean dude... i wanna see this post some pics!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Its an 04/05 gixx right? Make sure that you re-enforce that subframe before you start scraping.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:18 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point

that looks so good , it got my *** hard.. nah jk. but yeah that skizt is pimp, i like how clean the cuts are on the plastic..
Old 05-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by Kerns BBO
Its an 04/05 gixx right? Make sure that you re-enforce that subframe before you start scraping.
i will whats the cheapest way and easiest way too??? and i got the holes drilled in my sub its all bolted up..its strong as ****. its al put back together..i just gotta get my head light straight... cuz those rubber things are a *****...tomarrow i get the clutch put in it....i was always told to use stock springs if you get a aftermarket clutch kit..whats wrong with the springs in the barnett cloutch kit..are they really really stiff or somthing?
Old 05-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Relentless Dedication..

oh and also what kinda sealer would yall recomend for sealing my oilpan back up after i put my pickuptube in...
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

The bar looks real nice. I like round bars with flat supports, definitely sturdier than just the loop.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 PM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YellowGixxer
i will whats the cheapest way and easiest way too??? and i got the holes drilled in my sub its all bolted up..its strong as ****. its al put back together..i just gotta get my head light straight... cuz those rubber things are a *****...tomarrow i get the clutch put in it....i was always told to use stock springs if you get a aftermarket clutch kit..whats wrong with the springs in the barnett cloutch kit..are they really really stiff or somthing?

1. IF you can afford it i would always run STOCK clutches. aftermarket tend to fly apart and could mess up your motor.

2. Got to home depot by some 1/4 streel strips. Cut it so that it will run from the top bolt on your rearset to the bottom bolt on you rear peg. Make sure its exact when you drill it so there is NO slop. This will serve as an extra brace for the subframe. Cheapest and easiest!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by shortGSXR1000
1. IF you can afford it i would always run STOCK clutches. aftermarket tend to fly apart and could mess up your motor.

2. Got to home depot by some 1/4 streel strips. Cut it so that it will run from the top bolt on your rearset to the bottom bolt on you rear peg. Make sure its exact when you drill it so there is NO slop. This will serve as an extra brace for the subframe. Cheapest and easiest!
what do you mean tend to FLY APART????thats ****in gay...so basically...when they start goin out dont ride it huh? they should last awhile atleast right???
Old 05-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Relentless Dedication..

i went outside to look..do i just run that 1/4 steel behind the rear peg top bolt..and behind the bottom one on the peg...it lookds like it will catch on stuff..or does it fit smoothly in there?
Old 05-12-2006, 03:38 PM

i went outside to look..do i just run that 1/4 steel behind the rear peg top bolt..and behind the bottom one on the peg...it lookds like it will catch on stuff..or does it fit smoothly in there?

exactly! you just a pain to get a nut on the back of the bolt. YOu may have to get some longer bolts for the right side and put it behind the front rear set.

on the left side i had to put it between the rear set and the frame cause it hit stuff. Just get like 4 bolts the same tread as the ones in your rear sets and rear pegs and some lock nuts for the them and youll figure it out
Old 05-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Relentless Dedication..

exactly! you just a pain to get a nut on the back of the bolt. YOu may have to get some longer bolts for the right side and put it behind the front rear set.

on the left side i had to put it between the rear set and the frame cause it hit stuff. Just get like 4 bolts the same tread as the ones in your rear sets and rear pegs and some lock nuts for the them and youll figure it out
sweet...haha i've done alot of work to my bike the past week. tried to make everything look as clean as possible....i cant wait anylonger to try out those new gears. what would e a good kinda oil to run with those barnetts in hot weather...
Old 05-12-2006, 03:47 PM

sweet...haha i've done alot of work to my bike the past week. tried to make everything look as clean as possible....i cant wait anylonger to try out those new gears. what would e a good kinda oil to run with those barnetts in hot weather...

I run T4.. but alot of ppl swear by suzuki oil. Maybe some other gsxr guys will post up what they run.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:48 PM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good man
Old 05-12-2006, 03:55 PM

mikkee is a decent person

oh and also what kinda sealer would yall recomend for sealing my oilpan back up after i put my pickuptube in...
Stock Gasket - Sometimes if you be real careful and not crack or rip it you can re-use it. Otherwise there about $14.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee
Stock Gasket

the dealer just told me the other day that they couldnt get gaskets that you had to buy the gasket maker from suzuki instead

I dunno is should the gasket on the microfish but thats what he told me
Old 05-12-2006, 04:03 PM

the dealer just told me the other day that they couldnt get gaskets that you had to buy the gasket maker from suzuki instead

I dunno is should the gasket on the microfish but thats what he told me
I used liquid gasket on both of my case covers that I had to replace, because of my garbage 905 cage killed them. It works fine as long as you put it on right you won't get any leaks. You can get the liquid gasket from any autoparts store about $5, you don't have to get it from suzuki.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Relentless Dedication..

I used liquid gasket on both of my case covers that I had to replace, because of my garbage 905 cage killed them. It works fine as long as you put it on right you won't get any leaks. You can get the liquid gasket from any autoparts store about $5, you don't have to get it from suzuki.
liquid gasket...ok ill pick that up... what kinda oil filters yall use??someone told me it dont matter what kinda oil it is as long as its not energy conserving. and the oil filters are all the same. is this true?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:20 PM

liquid gasket...ok ill pick that up... what kinda oil filters yall use??someone told me it dont matter what kinda oil it is as long as its not energy conserving. and the oil filters are all the same. is this true?
I'd say the filters are the same. You can pick up a fram from walmart for under $5 I think. I use suzuki's though about $12. I run Mobil1 synthetic in my gixxer.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Relentless Dedication..

I'd say the filters are the same. You can pick up a fram from walmart for under $5 I think. I use suzuki's though about $12. I run Mobil1 synthetic in my gixxer.
ok kool... man i just ziptied my tailight in hahaha it lookds kinda weird cuz its tiled almost level... but thats only for the streets that ill use that:YEAH
Old 05-12-2006, 04:34 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

looks pretty good man, get some water wetter or something in there to help with cooling. I rode for a long as time yesterday and my fan barely stayed on.
I use suzuki oil and filters, and clutch. just got suzuki pads for the back to replace those POS"HH" ones I had

Quick Reply: Its Coming Along!!!