Re: anyone ever run...

Originally Posted by danherz
heres my advice, dont flip
best advice ever!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

T-***** im pretty sure thats the same set up Eric Hoenshell runs on his Gsxr. With a GPR though.

And ***** put the 929 front end on. ITs the best. Im finally starting to get my endos back myself. Now that i have a fix damper that works
Old 05-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tony Carbajal
T-***** im pretty sure thats the same set up Eric Hoenshell runs on his Gsxr. With a GPR though.

And ***** put the 929 front end on. ITs the best. Im finally starting to get my endos back myself. Now that i have a fix damper that works
yeah i think ill like it.

Originally Posted by shortgsxr1000
I just put dirt bike bars on My gsxr 6 so i had to remove my GPR. Now i need to get something because im probably gonna take my stock dampner off so my acrebis headlight will fit (not that the stock does anything anway). anyone have any good suggestions? I dont have the money to spend on a fullthrottle triple so thats out. so anything else would work. thanks
hey brain child...try readin the whole thread...you may get an idea..cause i clearly have my stock triple..
Old 05-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by T-NECK
what do you mean what is that..my bike!
but it's not chrome yet.....honest mistake.

way too high though.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by ezec1000
but it's not chrome yet.....honest mistake.

way too high though.
give it a minute..lol ill have to hit the polish wheel up soon...lol

and its reall not high, it just looks like it.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 PM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i think ill like it.

hey brain child...try readin the whole thread...you may get an idea..cause i clearly have my stock triple..

Thanks T**** i did read the whole thing.... But i dont want my Bars to be that high, and i was sure if the cylinder type would hit the bars.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:33 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

Originally Posted by shortGSXR1000
Thanks T**** i did read the whole thing.... But i dont want my Bars to be that high, and i was sure if the cylinder type would hit the bars.

LOL the stores dampner does hit the bars. the ohlins, and hyper-pro does not hit. they are shorter cylinders. answer your question?
Old 05-12-2006, 08:03 AM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL the stores dampner does hit the bars. the ohlins, and hyper-pro does not hit. they are shorter cylinders. answer your question?

YES SIR.. and i do thank you for the help Mr. Bling stunnnaaa.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

Originally Posted by shortGSXR1000
YES SIR.. and i do thank you for the help Mr. Bling stunnnaaa.

bling bling!!:YEAH
Old 05-12-2006, 09:52 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my fullthrottle triple clamp made similar to that, and the bars felt insanely tall.......yours look about the same. I picked up a new Hyperpro RSC and got shorter risers, rolled the bars forward a lil, and tightened my suspension a bit by the settings and new 1.0 fork springs........instant 200' stoppie!

If you are comfortable with the height of the bars, watch for the riser and riser blocks to tip to one side from laying it over, if you land hard a couple times or roll endoes after its leaned a lil it makes it real easy to tip all the way to one side, even on my beefy-as-hell FTI triple the risers were starting to tip when I got the new ones!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
I had my fullthrottle triple clamp made similar to that, and the bars felt insanely tall.......yours look about the same. I picked up a new Hyperpro RSC and got shorter risers, rolled the bars forward a lil, and tightened my suspension a bit by the settings and new 1.0 fork springs........instant 200' stoppie!

If you are comfortable with the height of the bars, watch for the riser and riser blocks to tip to one side from laying it over, if you land hard a couple times or roll endoes after its leaned a lil it makes it real easy to tip all the way to one side, even on my beefy-as-hell FTI triple the risers were starting to tip when I got the new ones!

tip..as in bend to one side? i could see that happening.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:55 PM

tip..as in bend to one side? i could see that happening.
the risers will lean to one side when they are that tall, so your triple is flat, but the risers lean to one side at a 20 degree angle or somin like that.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:23 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

anyone ever ran dirtbike bars flipped upside down? or have a pic of it? I imagine it looking like some mutant water buffalo and for the record there's no N in steering damper
Old 05-14-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
anyone ever ran dirtbike bars flipped upside down? or have a pic of it? I imagine it looking like some mutant water buffalo and for the record there's no N in steering damper
I would think it would be really similar to running race clip-ons they way they were meant to be run.....except the big goofy bulge over the triple from the center of the bars!

I rolled my bars forward to see if it helped with endoes......WOW, it really helped with endoes, but I couldn't ride a wheelie if my life depended on it.