Hand Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Hand Brakes

yeah definetly don't change ur system if it works! thats all that matters but i ran a 02 r6 master and a rc51 brake master n both felt like crap and were bled correctly n all, on my radial i bled it so good it'd move a inch n presurize the line fully so i had to crack the bleeder and let air in... now it compresses nicely and still lots of room from bottoming out @ tire lock up.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:45 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john LegionST
lever and master is a STOCK 03-04 636 unit flipped up-side-down. works PIMP!!! GSXR, R6, actually a lot of front brake masters with remote res., work great too!

here's some pics, not the best but it's all i have right now

Good deal...thanks for the pics John

Tim
Old 05-04-2006, 02:46 AM

Padros is an unknown quantity at this point

www.gptechllc.com

cheapest HB out, works GREAT, i can lock my rear with one finger with a normal 03-04 636 front brake master, no need for radial mount or anything!

ask for geoff and tell him i sent you over and he'll hook you up with a good deal on a stunt kit (adapter, line, bajos and washers, everything you need except the master)
Thanks dude! The kits on there look pretty good.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by alexcod
Full Throtle Rear Master And Brembo Front Master 16 X 18 Mm, Best Sh*t For The Money , You'll Spend A Little More But Worth Every Pesso !
I saw those full throttle rear masters. Can I ask why people use them? I've never had a problem on any of my bikes with the stock rear master?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

that Rear master is specificly designed for running to brake lines to it, one for foot brake, on for hand brake, stock ones only have one spot for a brake line.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:41 PM

skidmark is a decent person

www.gptechllc.com
ask for geoff and tell him i sent you over and he'll hook you up with a good deal on a stunt kit (adapter, line, bajos and washers, everything you need except the master)
done. Thanks for that. I got the MC ready, just need the connector.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:25 PM

mikkee is a decent person

www.gptechllc.com

cheapest HB out, works GREAT, i can lock my rear with one finger with a normal 03-04 636 front brake master, no need for radial mount or anything!

+1

Bled mine once after the initial install. Haven't had to do anything but use it for the last 5+ months. Locks up 1 finger. I paid $100.00 for mine since had my own master cyl. (GSXR1000 flipped upside down) No dual caliper required! 1 line only, 1 fluid reserv. for handbrake and foot brake.

GPtech keeps it simple and cheap!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:26 PM

GSXRMON can only hope to improve

www.gptechllc.com

where can i get this FI handlebars??
Old 05-06-2006, 02:01 AM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Padros
I saw those full throttle rear masters. Can I ask why people use them? I've never had a problem on any of my bikes with the stock rear master?
people use them because they think it's the only way. they don't understand that it is working just like a normal stock one works. the spot where the handbrake hooks up on a full throttle unit is the same place where the resevoir hooks up on a stock unit. you can make a full throttle unit work just like a stock one with a resevoir hooked up where the handbrake line goes. it is a cool looking billet master though, but that's all it is, nothing new. I was about to machine an adapter for my stock unit till I found the GP tech fitting and made the decision that 55 bucks for the fitting was a better deal than burning up my time to machine my own.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:12 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeOnTheBike
people use them because they think it's the only way. they don't understand that it is working just like a normal stock one works. the spot where the handbrake hooks up on a full throttle unit is the same place where the resevoir hooks up on a stock unit. you can make a full throttle unit work just like a stock one with a resevoir hooked up where the handbrake line goes. it is a cool looking billet master though, but that's all it is, nothing new. I was about to machine an adapter for my stock unit till I found the GP tech fitting and made the decision that 55 bucks for the fitting was a better deal than burning up my time to machine my own.
+1
yo, is this big mike (900rr) from the north?? Rio linda
Old 05-06-2006, 03:22 AM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

Originally Posted by 287ridah
+1
yo, is this big mike (900rr) from the north?? Rio linda
yup yup, I know that bike in your avatar, Alex? it's been awhile, lost that cell phone. PM me with your digits and we'll ride, we trailer everywhere now, too much heat these days. you were there the day I looped out that 70MPH coaster off of bell huh? we got some cool footage of you that day also.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:54 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeOnTheBike
yup yup, I know that bike in your avatar, Alex? it's been awhile, lost that cell phone. PM me with your digits and we'll ride, we trailer everywhere now, too much heat these days. you were there the day I looped out that 70MPH coaster off of bell huh? we got some cool footage of you that day also.
haahahhaaah
what up man. yeah that coaster crash was insane. still cant believe you came outta that with only a scratch. That 900 is a savage....i gotta get one.
pm sent
Old 05-06-2006, 04:12 AM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

Originally Posted by 287ridah
haahahhaaah
what up man. yeah that coaster crash was insane. still cant believe you came outta that with only a scratch. That 900 is a savage....i gotta get one.
pm sent
yup I got super lucky on that one, a scratched knee, a burnt up pair of Alpinestar gloves, a burnt up pair of jeans, and a burnt up pair of boxers. now the bike was not as lucky. I don't think I got the PM so try and send it again and I'll check tomorrow. I'm out at my dad's by Galt, I've been runnin the lathe today machining all the motor and frame mount pieces for a sick *** new design crash cage, people are gonna shiat. make sure I get the digits, I am coming back tomorrow (sat) afternoon and we (UNEXPECTED COMPANY!!!!!) are going to load up and go to our practice spot tomorrow night. I'll hit you up and see if you want to go. Later bro
Old 05-07-2006, 04:01 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

lever and master is a STOCK 03-04 636 unit flipped up-side-down. works PIMP!!! GSXR, R6, actually a lot of front brake masters with remote res., work great too!

here's some pics, not the best but it's all i have right now

Its tough to see in those pics. You runnin the brake on the top?

10 Degree clip ons or 0 degree? They don't hit the upper at all?
Old 05-08-2006, 10:50 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
Its tough to see in those pics. You runnin the brake on the top?

10 Degree clip ons or 0 degree? They don't hit the upper at all?

Yeah i run the HB on top, prolly the last person still doing that?!?!?!

I have two bikes, one has FI 0 degree, other has upsidedown woodcrafts (i think they're 7 degree) and im going to get FI's for the other bike and get rid of the woodcrafts.

No problems with either hitting the upper on the 636. all you have to move (at least with the master cyl i used) is the guage, it hase to be moved to the right about an inch or so, no big deal.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:25 PM

Thanks heaps everyone for the responses! I ended up buying a clip locally like the one's moto-heaben sell with their kits that lets you run another line to the stock rear master. Now I'm just going to hunt for the best master that I can find for my $$. Not sure if I need radial but heaps of cats on SL keep going on about how good they are. I'll see what my local wrecker has!
I been told to look for 19X16??
Old 05-12-2006, 10:01 AM

sheetone is an unknown quantity at this point

gptech isn't the only producer of adaptors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Scrapes Elbow

theres some in the stuntlife classi's too for 35$
Old 05-12-2006, 11:45 AM

sheetone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
theres some in the stuntlife classi's too for 35$
yep, those are the same ones....just on ebay as well
Old 05-12-2006, 12:02 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

hey, I just got the 1000rr radial master, and have the clutch lever for my brake on my bike now, {from FT} it works pretty good, should i be in a big hurry to put the radial on? is it that big a difference?

Thanks
Thad

Quick Reply: Hand Brakes