May be a stupid question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 06:07 PM

bizzy2233 is an unknown quantity at this point
May be a stupid question!!!

For argument sake! On a 2004 gsxr600 I have been saying that I think it would be perfectly feasible to clutch up 3rd and 4th gear with stock gearing. I work with a bunch of guys who are more into dragging a knee. They are telling me that with the gears stock it is impossible to even clutch up 3rd on that bike. Thanks for Your time! Sorry for the possible squid comment. I believe it is more technique then anything else. Bizzy
Old 05-02-2006, 06:08 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold
Re: May be a stupid question!!!

Originally Posted by bizzy2233
For argument sake! On a 2004 gsxr600 I have been saying that I think it would be perfectly feasible to clutch up 3rd and 4th gear with stock gearing. I work with a bunch of guys who are more into dragging a knee. They are telling me that with the gears stock it is impossible to even clutch up 3rd on that bike. Thanks for Your time! Sorry for the possible squid comment. I believe it is more technique then anything else. Bizzy
ive seen it done
Old 05-02-2006, 06:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person

ive seen it done in 3rd but not forth...
Old 05-02-2006, 06:47 PM

ahenry is a decent person

3rd deffinitly possible!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:59 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

im sure i really big or strong dude could get it up in 4th by clutching and bouncing with both feet on the passenger pegs, but defintiely not something anyone can do
Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

possible yes.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:10 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

on stock geared r6 clutching up 3rd is normal, highway speed between 65 and 75 clutch and a bounce comes up no problem. stock geared r6 will come up in 4th but its not easy i got it to come up once not completely into balance point cuz i got nervous but i was doing about 110 maybe a little more and using a slight nole in the road to give me a little lift so im sure a bigger stronger guy could do it without much of a problem, especiallly tall guys have a lot of leverage. if its an older gsxr 6 im positive it wont but the new 04+ should be able to do everything my r6 did.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:04 PM

smokinciv is an unknown quantity at this point

I know my bike is no 04 gsxr 600, but I was out today on a 2000 f4 (stock everything)!!! I have been practicing slow stuff first gear tail scratches, second gear b.p. for ever it seems sometimes!! I noticed the clutch is a bit weak but def. not shot!! So I was able to lift a 3rd gear s-s 1 time today , then I filled the tank and hit the freeway!!! I could easily pull 2nd gear s-s at 30,40,50 you know !! Then I tryed 3rd with no luck at all, I mean I bounced that biatch hard and clutched it and that thing did nothing!! I even tryed to calm down a bit and make sure my timing was correct between the clutch and bounce! So will my f4 come up with a new clutch and my 210 pounds in third on the freeway, the second gear wheelies on the freeway just rev to much for me!!! I know my 02 gsxr 750 comes up in 3rd but that has a salvage title and probably wont see the freeway (too much anyway)!! Hope I did not jack the thread !!peace
Old 05-02-2006, 09:16 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done it and I ****!!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:50 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smokinciv
I know my bike is no 04 gsxr 600, but I was out today on a 2000 f4 (stock everything)!!! I have been practicing slow stuff first gear tail scratches, second gear b.p. for ever it seems sometimes!! I noticed the clutch is a bit weak but def. not shot!! So I was able to lift a 3rd gear s-s 1 time today , then I filled the tank and hit the freeway!!! I could easily pull 2nd gear s-s at 30,40,50 you know !! Then I tryed 3rd with no luck at all, I mean I bounced that biatch hard and clutched it and that thing did nothing!! I even tryed to calm down a bit and make sure my timing was correct between the clutch and bounce! So will my f4 come up with a new clutch and my 210 pounds in third on the freeway, the second gear wheelies on the freeway just rev to much for me!!! I know my 02 gsxr 750 comes up in 3rd but that has a salvage title and probably wont see the freeway (too much anyway)!! Hope I did not jack the thread !!peace
i couldnt get the f4 that i rode to come up in 3rd but im sure it can be done.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:10 PM

sk8man311 is an unknown quantity at this point

4th gear is definitely do-able on a 600. Just bounce the hell out of it.
My friend did a 6th gear wheelie on a stock 1000 lol, just for fun.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:31 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

--gotta love the "knee-draggers-at-work-know-it-alls" LOL
Old 05-03-2006, 10:13 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

i've seen circles on a 1970 honda exiter so at this point in my riding life i wont rule out anything
Old 05-03-2006, 11:46 AM

Pflepnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell those guys to pull their heads out of each others asses. I used to lift my 01 gixxer 6 in third with stock gears with no clutch...it would balance out at like 90.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:07 PM

pray4butter is an unknown quantity at this point

i couldn't come close to clutching it up in 2nd gear on my 03' gsxr 600 with stock gearing, but i could bounce it up in 3rd w/ no clutch. my technique prolly just sucks
Old 05-03-2006, 02:02 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

u can clutch it up in 3rd.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:10 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

didn't read the thread so i don't know what others posted, but i used to clutch up 3rd on a bone stock 01 gsxr 600 back then (2001)... im fairly certain that i could get a newer one (or maybe even an '01) up in 4th today!

tell them they are worng and if they want to put up a large sum of money im on my way out there to prove it to them LOL!

EDIT: just saw that you're from philly, a small amount of money will do just fine! LOL
Old 05-03-2006, 02:12 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i clutch SITDOWNS up on my +2 f4i in 3rd gear.. when my hand heals i'll see if i can get 4th gear sit downs.. deff come up easy as **** 4th gear stand up.. i'll shoot for fifth.. all technique and timing.. you can get pretty much any bike up
Old 05-03-2006, 02:20 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

My buddy used to bounce them up in 3rd and 4th on a bone stock telefonica