Had an idea today, anyone tried this.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:29 AM

Kolat is an unknown quantity at this point
Had an idea today, anyone tried this.

Had a flash of insight today while riding, has anyone just switched the rear brake and the front brake so they work opposite i.e. Foot brake controls front brakes, right lever controls rear brake. Seems like it'd be hella cheap and easy to do, and as an added bonus would be hilarious if someone tried to steal your bike or anything like that.

T
Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Had an idea today, anyone tried this.

umm how are you going to work the throttle and the hand brake at the same time... only reason i thought of it was to do no handed endo's
Old 05-01-2006, 02:40 AM

I was playing wround with it today doing whoolies around and could work the front brake pretty easy using one finger with 3 fingers on the throttle, seems like it would own coasters too.

T
Old 05-01-2006, 02:42 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i would not want my handbrake on the throttle side for doing ss coasters. it would be to easy :YEAH
Old 05-01-2006, 02:50 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

but kolat u can't do coasters.. you have a pic of your bike on the bar with you standing off of it wearing a hat.. why don't u get a pic of you parkin it on th ebar
Old 05-01-2006, 10:25 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Never Heard Of Such An Idea
Old 05-01-2006, 10:26 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Damn capslock
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i say put a new throttle tube on the left clip-on and run the throttle cable to the rear brake lever and use that as a HB.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:49 AM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

I think running a foot front brake causes all kind of routing problems.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:09 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DENIRO600
I think running a foot front brake causes all kind of routing problems.

more so than a regular rear handbrake?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:51 PM

Hazen is a decent person

I think front master cylinders are have a more gradual feel than rears.... wouldn't want to be doin endos with my foot basically.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:10 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hazen
I think front master cylinders are have a more gradual feel than rears.... wouldn't want to be doin endos with my foot basically.
pfffffft back to work you go
Old 05-01-2006, 03:18 PM

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
more so than a regular rear handbrake?
Yes. Think about it, you would have a brake line from the foot brake routing towards the front brake caliper. It would have to routed crazy to not get pinched or mess with steering. A hand brake setup is like running throttle cables or something.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:40 PM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kolat
Had a flash of insight today while riding, has anyone just switched the rear brake and the front brake so they work opposite i.e. Foot brake controls front brakes, right lever controls rear brake. Seems like it'd be hella cheap and easy to do, and as an added bonus would be hilarious if someone tried to steal your bike or anything like that.

T

Reminds me of one of the first times I went to a spot... Some guys I knew, hooked the front brakes to the foot brake pedal. I've never seen somebody flip a stoppie so fast and so hard in my life.....
Old 05-01-2006, 06:45 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DENIRO600
Yes. Think about it, you would have a brake line from the foot brake routing towards the front brake caliper. It would have to routed crazy to not get pinched or mess with steering. A hand brake setup is like running throttle cables or something.

whats the difference of having a brake line going from the foot brake to the right hadle bar or the left handlebar?

edit... I get it now... I was like whats the damn difference.. lol

I was thinking of th erear brake and you were thinking of the front

Last edited by DSOG Thomas; 05-01-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:48 PM

Oops. Brain fart. Your right. I was thinking to much.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:04 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah sounds like an accident ready to happen. I had problems with GP shifting (reverse pattern) before and that is a ***** to figure out once it's stuck in your head the other way. could be dangerous or deadly.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:43 PM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

endos qould be weird *** hell and you no somebody would manage to do no handed endos.. hah which would be sick... that would be funy if someone stole your bike tho
Old 05-01-2006, 08:33 PM

routing a line from the rear brake to a front brake cyl would be no different than adding another master cyl on the clutch side like a lot of people are already doing. seems it would be cheaper to do though since no need to worry about a valve so that both would work and not needing to purchase an extra cyl, just buy a couple decent lengths of braided line. So I shall lay claim to this idea and require anyone who uses it to call it the kolat brake system, kk tia :-) btw coasters coming soon :-)

T
Old 05-02-2006, 09:49 AM

the whole idea is kinda interesting do many people do it??

Quick Reply: Had an idea today, anyone tried this.