Best cage for a 04 gsxr 600

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 11:44 AM

04gixxer6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best cage for a 04 gsxr 600

I already did a search and didn't find anything

Originally I was thinking a freestyle Ingenuity cage but I've heard that they arn't the best option for someone starting out. I've also read that the MXD cages seem to be good for the GSXR's but their website seems to be messed up.

I just want some opinions from people that have GSXR's

Thanks
Old 04-27-2006, 11:56 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person
Re: Best cage for a 04 gsxr 600

dude, just search for "cages" or "best cages" it's easier and I"m sure someone will say the same thing. I personally have an FI.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:02 PM

mikkee is a decent person

905 - I've went through about 5 of them on my gixxer. They are designed to balance the bike so the wheels are off the ground when you drop it which it ends up hitting your tank, clipons, and the side of your upper. Also mashed the cage into my case covers on both sides and had to replace them cuz the bend so easily.(I don't recommend for LEARNING)

FI - I heard break motor mounts because the impact is directly on the slider attached to the fron't motor mount. I wouldn't take one for free to put on a gixxer especially if your LEARNING.

Powers - no experience with this cage but heard they are about on the same level as MXD when it comes to quality and not breaking your sh*t on your gixxer.

MXD :YEAH - I've been running an MXD "track" cage on my gixxer for the last year. The full stunt cage is unessesary. Just the track cage held up to numerous pancake 12's and a lot of regular drops before I had to replace it. If you look at the picture on the site the initial impact is where you see the bend tword the rear of the cage, then if it wants to roll up further, then it hits the slider and won't roll up and hit your clipons, upper, or gastank. It's been about 8mo and I'm going to put the new one on this weekend(BTW I practice about 2-4 days out of the week). They also come powder coated and now with aluminum sliders. Under $200 for track cage..

I say MXD for gixxers - try to hit up Jeff at MXD on his email located under contacts on the website. You'll never get a hold of him on his phone number listed on the site.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:21 PM

AllOut is an unknown quantity at this point

My roommate has 905 and he hates it. It hits his chins and well its never been droped just kinda pushed over like 7 times and it is bending. I run a fi cage and i like it. I have hade it like 9 months, im starting to learn circles now and have high sided out like 9 times this week and it is still kick a$$. however I have had to replace motor mount bolts that cost a buck a couple 2 or 3 times. I am soon going to get a Thomas Messeraull cage for it they will be released by the 10th of may and my shop will stock them but for now freestyle rocks.....:YEAH
Old 04-27-2006, 01:25 PM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AllOut
My roommate has 905 and he hates it. It hits his chins and well its never been droped just kinda pushed over like 7 times and it is bending. I run a fi cage and i like it. I have hade it like 9 months, im starting to learn circles now and have high sided out like 9 times this week and it is still kick a$$. however I have had to replace motor mount bolts that cost a buck a couple 2 or 3 times. I am soon going to get a Thomas Messeraull cage for it they will be released by the 10th of may and my shop will stock them but for now freestyle rocks.....:YEAH

Thomas Messeraull cage ??? what is that. YOu got some details
Old 04-27-2006, 01:45 PM

Yeah they will be in my hands by the tenth of may. I ordered like five he also has got a new slider design because bad fish the company that makes the soft slider started to jock his cages so he had to make some changes to the sliders to avoid patent mumbojumbo
Old 04-27-2006, 01:46 PM

oh and they will fit 01-03 and 04-05 two diferent cages....
Old 04-27-2006, 02:04 PM

04gixxer6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AllOut
How much are they going to be though? The ones for the F4i's are pretty expensive.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:07 PM

Nikoli is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a www.***********.com cage and love it, they also make awesome subframes with a adjustable 12 bar. its the PIMP setup.

Last edited by Cathi; 05-01-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:16 PM

they will be around the same price i am trying really hard to get them to the rider cheaper stunters are broke and i know this first hand..... since the slider has been changed they will be cheaper i know for sure. me and thomas are working on it however its hard to get cheap and quality... He also has 50 cages on the way those will be like 150....
Old 04-27-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nikoli
i have a www.**************.com cage and love it, they also make awesome subframes with a adjustable 12 bar. its the PIMP setup.
those subframes rock i have one and love it they are also a little pricey

Last edited by Cathi; 05-01-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Ricky04750 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a F.I. its held up alot of falls! just got to make sure your bolts are always tight.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:17 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Well 3 of our guys use the powers cage, one of them is a 04 gsxr600 and it appears to work great..have seen a few pancake 12vz, circle crashes etc and so far still straight.
I have had 905, FI and so far the powers seems to hold up best in our experience..Now if you are just starting, well I am not sure that any of those cages will standup to the beating your are about to give that bike...1st learning, the crashes def seem to be alot more violent..But hey better to have a cage than not have one.

Cheers

SK
Old 04-27-2006, 06:29 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i dont know what the beef with 905 is. i run a 905 on my 04 750 and 2 weeks ago i highsided a circle and accidentally hit the gas when i jumped off and shot the bike at a curb, the bike layed down at about 20mph right as it hit the curb did 2 flips and landed with nothing wrong with it other than a broken peg. u can see in the pavement where the cage dug in about 2 inches deep and where it nailed the curb. the cage has a slight flat spot in it where it hit but still goes on and off with no problem. that fall is among many drops and pancakes. i dont know about the other cages but i know freestyle cages are **** on a gsxr. the side struts bend and push the plastics onto the header.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i dont know what the beef with 905 is. i run a 905 on my 04 750 and 2 weeks ago i highsided a circle and accidentally hit the gas when i jumped off and shot the bike at a curb, the bike layed down at about 20mph right as it hit the curb did 2 flips and landed with nothing wrong with it other than a broken peg. u can see in the pavement where the cage dug in about 2 inches deep and where it nailed the curb. the cage has a slight flat spot in it where it hit but still goes on and off with no problem. that fall is among many drops and pancakes. i dont know about the other cages but i know freestyle cages are **** on a gsxr. the side struts bend and push the plastics onto the header.
Is the flat spot the bar that comes down from the front motor mount? If so that bar will soon be paying a visit to your case cover with another hard pancake type drop. I've been through five 905 cages and kind of know how they crumble.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:52 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

mxd fo sure.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:53 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

no its on the top bar. that cage isnt going anywhere. the flat spot isnt even noticeable unless you run your fingers along it since i repainted it. you might also wanna learn how to set ur bike down a little easier, cuz if u went though 5 cages youre being real careless with your bike. no cage is gonna protect your bike from continuously dropping it from 12 oclock. i find it no coincedence that i myself run a 905 cage as well as do all of the guys from section 518 and my friend brian(the lot motorsports) and none of us have had any problems. if ur breaking cages that much you might wanna check the way your riding.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:18 PM

no its on the top bar. that cage isnt going anywhere. the flat spot isnt even noticeable unless you run your fingers along it since i repainted it. you might also wanna learn how to set ur bike down a little easier, cuz if u went though 5 cages youre being real careless with your bike. no cage is gonna protect your bike from continuously dropping it from 12 oclock. i find it no coincedence that i myself run a 905 cage as well as do all of the guys from section 518 and my friend brian(the lot motorsports) and none of us have had any problems. if ur breaking cages that much you might wanna check the way your riding.
I've been through five 905 cages in my first 2 1/2yrs of stunting and been running MXD for the past year.

Careless, pffft you have got to be kidding me! ha ha Who said I constantly dropped my bike from 12????? You guys from the 518 must not ride too hard. Is anyone else reading this ignorant post??

Bottom line 905 doesn't make the highest quality cages. For 1 - they are mig welded not tig welded, 2 they don't use cromemoly(spelling?) and other companies use thicker wall pipe.

If you like them fine, but when your learning and you crash a little harder and more violently wouldn't you want the strongest cage you can get for your bike??

I'm just trying to help a newbie get the most bang for his buck and the best cage design for his bike model from my experience with other cages. WHat other cages have you used
Old 04-28-2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee
I've been through five 905 cages in my first 2 1/2yrs of stunting and been running MXD for the past year.

Careless, pffft you have got to be kidding me! ha ha Who said I constantly dropped my bike from 12????? You guys from the 518 must not ride too hard. Is anyone else reading this ignorant post??

Bottom line 905 doesn't make the highest quality cages. For 1 - they are mig welded not tig welded, 2 they don't use cromemoly(spelling?) and other companies use thicker wall pipe.

If you like them fine, but when your learning and you crash a little harder and more violently wouldn't you want the strongest cage you can get for your bike??

I'm just trying to help a newbie get the most bang for his buck and the best cage design for his bike model from my experience with other cages. WHat other cages have you used
i havent used any other cage, im not talkin **** about other cages. im still on my first cage cuz it hasnt broken, which is proof enough that the cage works. ride hard, well i know myself i ride every night and drop my bike atleast once a night. the guys from section 518 are some of the best riders ive ever ridden with. u gotta have some finesse when ur bike is going down, u dont just jump off and kick the bike away anytime it feels a little squirely.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:15 PM

i havent used any other cage, im not talkin **** about other cages. im still on my first cage cuz it hasnt broken, which is proof enough that the cage works. ride hard, well i know myself i ride every night and drop my bike atleast once a night. the guys from section 518 are some of the best riders ive ever ridden with. u gotta have some finesse when ur bike is going down, u dont just jump off and kick the bike away anytime it feels a little squirely.
Any cage will hold up to little drops I don't really count those as crashes. That's fine that you think it works, but my experience along with to other riders who ride gixxers have had the same problems of them bending like tinfoil in the past.

I've pancaked my bike only 2 times in the last year pal. The five 905 cages I went through was when I was learning and trying new sh*t.

Your on your 1st cage! - Run along little squid run along. I'm done bickering with you!

Hey 04Gixxer6 - there are better quality cages on the market that work wayyyyy better than 905 for your model bike.

Quick Reply: Best cage for a 04 gsxr 600