Best cage for a 04 gsxr 600

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:19 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Best cage for a 04 gsxr 600

now im a squid cuz i dont break cages like a ****ing idiot. id say i was a whole lot less squidly than someone who constantly breaks cages, or maybe your just a fat *** and your bike cant hold up. in any case go **** your mother.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:24 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
now im a squid cuz i dont break cages like a ****ing idiot. id say i was a whole lot less squidly than someone who constantly breaks cages, or maybe your just a fat *** and your bike cant hold up. in any case go **** your mother.
No you are squid because of your lack of experience. It's not so much of an insult like your taking it, so don't get butt hurt! I was ignorant/squid like you at one time too. If anything I'm trying to help out 04gixxer6 and riders like you to gain a little BASIC knowledge that can help you save a few dollars. BTW check the avatar buddy I'm 6'1'' 180 so that answers your fat *** question.

Reality check squid..

Stunting is about crashing.. The best riders in the country are the ones who have crashed A LOT and have destroyed many more cages than I have! Ask anyone who's been around for awhile. I guess the Darius', Kane, Woods, Britton, Starboyz and the rest of them are squids cuz they break **** right??? Yeah i thought not...

Can someone back me up here. The ignorance is strong in this one.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:37 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

905 cage...my opinion
Old 04-30-2006, 04:38 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

you have no idea how much experience i have, your not talking to ****ing kelm here. im not some guy who talks **** out of his ***. ive done the research of talked to a ton of ppl about cages and read damn near every post about cages on stuntlife and stuntusa. no **** ppl crash. i crash. what im trying to say is there is an art about crashing. u can save your bike most of the time when u **** up without even having to employ the use of a cage. i see ppl that when they **** up circles they just let their bike go. or if they go over too far they just jump off. when the reality is if you put in a little effort you can lessen the crash or avoid it all together. im not sure how you are crashing your bike so hard that u break 5 cages. and if the cages are such pieces of **** maybe you should have contacted aaron at 905 and discussed things with him and hes a super nice and im sure would have tried to help you out if there was any design flaws in his work. and did u ever think that maybe the reason ur not breaking ur mxd cage as much is cuz maybe after 2 and half years that you are not dropping your bike as much or as hard because you finally ****ing learned something. dont judge my riding when u have never seen it. i dont apreciate being called a squid when i work real hard for what ive done with my riding. ive taken myself from highway wheelies to circles inside of 3 months without breaking a cage, so if that makes me a squid in your eyes then you might need some glasses as well as some training wheels for your bike so u can stop dropping it so hard.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:29 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

had a 905 cage, 5 crashes later, I had to cut it off (bent tubes, welds pulling away, etc). many crashes on my FI and it's fine. I just now bent the strut on the left side but that's probably from my "lack of finesse while crashing" so I'll go back to my "squidlike" riding.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by KF_Chris
had a 905 cage, 5 crashes later, I had to cut it off (bent tubes, welds pulling away, etc). many crashes on my FI and it's fine. I just now bent the strut on the left side but that's probably from my "lack of finesse while crashing" so I'll go back to my "squidlike" riding.
how is it that youre crashing?? your website says your not even trying circles yet. if youre wheelying in a straight line and know how to use the brake i dont understand how you crash 5 times?? enlighten me please.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:34 PM

you have no idea how much experience i have, your not talking to ****ing kelm here. im not some guy who talks **** out of his ***. ive done the research of talked to a ton of ppl about cages and read damn near every post about cages on stuntlife and stuntusa. no **** ppl crash. i crash. what im trying to say is there is an art about crashing. u can save your bike most of the time when u **** up without even having to employ the use of a cage. i see ppl that when they **** up circles they just let their bike go. or if they go over too far they just jump off. when the reality is if you put in a little effort you can lessen the crash or avoid it all together. im not sure how you are crashing your bike so hard that u break 5 cages. and if the cages are such pieces of **** maybe you should have contacted aaron at 905 and discussed things with him and hes a super nice and im sure would have tried to help you out if there was any design flaws in his work. and did u ever think that maybe the reason ur not breaking ur mxd cage as much is cuz maybe after 2 and half years that you are not dropping your bike as much or as hard because you finally ****ing learned something. dont judge my riding when u have never seen it. i dont apreciate being called a squid when i work real hard for what ive done with my riding. ive taken myself from highway wheelies to circles inside of 3 months without breaking a cage, so if that makes me a squid in your eyes then you might need some glasses as well as some training wheels for your bike so u can stop dropping it so hard.
Your right there is an art to crashing. In the past 6mo I've dropped my bike about 5 times 1 pancake. I'm actually real good at saving my bike in about any situation now.

Also I live in SoCal, 905 is about 40min from where I live. SIC Riders who I ride with were sponsored by 905 during the time I and others were breaking their sh*t. Some of us gave ideas to make them better and they didn't want to change there design. I've been dn to their shop many times and talked with Aaron and Steph on more than one occasion while I was there.

I'm not bashing your riding experience or your skills. It's moreso about your personal experience with different cages. The title of this thread is "Best cage for a 04 gsxr 600." Not "what cage do I use." I'm thinkin 04gixxer6 made this thread wanting to gain knowledge from stunters that have used different designs for a gixxer and which design holds up the best?? Where you can't even really answer that question being that you have only use 1 cage design.

If it was a few years ago where at the time all I really used personally was 905, I wouldn't even post in a thread that is asking a question like this because I didn't have the experience with different cages. Do you understand my point yet?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee
Your right there is an art to crashing. In the past 6mo I've dropped my bike about 5 times 1 pancake. I'm actually real good at saving my bike in about any situation now.
which proves my point, im def not knocking mxd cages cuz ive heard nothing but good about them but i bet if you dropped the mxd cage 5 hard times it would prob bend or weaken in some places if not break, i believe all cages will. i have had a very good experience with my cage which is why its still the only one im using, and im not the only one. if everyone i knew that has 905 cages hated them i certainly wouldnt be saying its a good cage, i would be saying ive had real good luck but everyone that i know that stunts with them has had a good experience just like me(guys that have been using them for 3 years). i drop my bike often and im sure eventually its going to break. cages arent going to last forever they serve a purpose and wear out just like any othe part. now if u tipped your bike over one time doing a burnout and ur cage broke i would understand hating on 905.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:12 AM

how is it that youre crashing?? your website says your not even trying circles yet. if youre wheelying in a straight line and know how to use the brake i dont understand how you crash 5 times?? enlighten me please.
damn dude, lay off the fukin hate.

it was when I was learning brake. 2 drops from 12 and my cage was bent, bad enough that I knew I'd have to cut it off. 3 more little crashes and I did cut it off. it's called a learning curve...people crash. I've had 12 drops and nasty crashes on this cage and it's now just starting to show damage, nothing to the engine or motor mount yet.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:23 AM

damn dude, lay off the fukin hate.

it was when I was learning brake. 2 drops from 12 and my cage was bent, bad enough that I knew I'd have to cut it off. 3 more little crashes and I did cut it off. it's called a learning curve...people crash. I've had 12 drops and nasty crashes on this cage and it's now just starting to show damage, nothing to the engine or motor mount yet.
im not hating at all, youre taking me all wrong. im just questioning how you drop a bike so hard doing straight line **** cuz honestly my bike has only been down from learning circles, if u dont want ppl to question you shoudlnt come up in here with a bunch of sarcasm in your post trying to talk ****.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:34 AM

so noone crashes when they're learning the brake?

no sarcasm here, and just because someone's not doing circles, doesn't mean they're not crashing.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:47 AM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

im not hating at all, youre taking me all wrong. im just questioning how you drop a bike so hard doing straight line **** cuz honestly my bike has only been down from learning circles, if u dont want ppl to question you shoudlnt come up in here with a bunch of sarcasm in your post trying to talk ****.

If your not crashing you not try'n hard enough.... your not break'n sh** you not learn'n
Old 05-01-2006, 09:05 AM

you guys dont really read what im saying do you?? you just skim through and say some dumb **** to the first thing you see. chris there is sarcasm when you quote me like that and dont know me and if you reread what i said i asked how you were crashing "so hard" doing straight line ****. yes ppl crash learning brake, i got lucky and never did. i still cant imagine how you drop a bike so hard on its side going in a straight line i associate "HARD" drops on the side of the bike from lowsiding and highsiding circles. and to shortgsxr, who the **** said i dont crash or that i think ppl shouldnt be crashing while learning stuff, reread all the posts where i describe specificly one of my crashes. please read intelligently before you respond.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 AM

honestly my bike has only been down from learning circles,

there ya go killer.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:16 AM

there ya go killer.
whats your point
Old 05-01-2006, 09:17 AM

nevermind
Old 05-01-2006, 10:55 AM

04gixxer6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for everyones replys. I just ordered one of the Powers cages. We'll see how it goes. Cheers
Old 05-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Regular StuntLifer

pineapple is a decent person

holy ****.. gixxer started this thread for help not for you guys to have a pissing contest. mxd is a good cage, 905 is a good cage, FI is a good cage, powers is a good cage, ITS NOT A FORCE FIELD as someone once before stated in another thread, they will all break at one point and time.. its really up to the person what cage he buys. but i would go with the mxd cage. they are a little stronger than the 905.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by pineapple
ITS NOT A FORCE FIELD
thats the point i was trying to get through, they all break. i didnt say 905 was the best out there but it certainly does its job.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by pineapple
holy ****.. gixxer started this thread for help not for you guys to have a pissing contest. mxd is a good cage, 905 is a good cage, FI is a good cage, powers is a good cage, ITS NOT A FORCE FIELD as someone once before stated in another thread, they will all break at one point and time.. its really up to the person what cage he buys. but i would go with the mxd cage. they are a little stronger than the 905.
What makes a better cage is not which cage bends and breaks cuz eventually they all do. Some take more punishment than others, but..

Most importantly is what parts on your bike does it protect from hitting. When I ran 905 on my gixxer the bike would easily roll up (even on little drops) and hit the tank, clipons, upper, and tail, which bends subframes, upper stays, breaks levers, clipons, and puts holes in your gas tank. Hint - w/mxd's cage none of these even get touched... powers cage is very similar that will help do the same. Hey it's only money right!

Quick Reply: Best cage for a 04 gsxr 600