FI Cage

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:59 AM

addicted2psi is an unknown quantity at this point
FI Cage

How much of a difference is there between the old style and new style FI cage? Should I stay away from the old style for my F4i?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: FI Cage

Originally Posted by addicted2psi
How much of a difference is there between the old style and new style FI cage? Should I stay away from the old style for my F4i?
there isn't a new style for the F4i and there isn't one planned.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:08 PM

everywhere you go, all the companies say that the new style FI cage is out...stronger and all that...
Old 04-17-2006, 12:11 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

probably talking about the new design for gixers, maybe kawis too but I'm not sure.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by addicted2psi
everywhere you go, all the companies say that the new style FI cage is out...stronger and all that...
It's only new for the gixxers, 929's, etc, It bolts to the swingarm vs. the old style that mounted to the subframe. I Asked Tim Brnes when the new style fo rth ef4i was coming out becuase I was going to wait for it to buy a cage. He sid the F4i is so strong it doesn't need the new design. He onlty made one and it is on his stoppie display bike.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 PM

c r0ck 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

im told that it now has "chromolly tubing" and instead ot mounting to the subframe bolt it mounts to the swing arm bolt.. supposibly this is the strongest part of the bike..

and this is just what i heard..
Old 04-17-2006, 12:13 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Not On The F4i

That Design Has Not And Is Not Changing
Old 04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by c r0ck 1
im told that it now has "chromolly tubing" and instead ot mounting to the subframe bolt it mounts to the swing arm bolt.. supposibly this is the strongest part of the bike..

and this is just what i heard..
Old style was chromemolly. Onlyt thing that changed was the mounting point, but the f4 f4i hasn't changed.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:19 PM

c r0ck 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NINER
Old style was chromemolly. Onlyt thing that changed was the mounting point, but the f4 f4i hasn't changed.
oh so the mounting point is the same... because im on ebay looking for the so called "new styles" and had no luck.. so if it mounts on the subframe bolt its still good? ok then..
Old 04-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by c r0ck 1
oh so the mounting point is the same... because im on ebay looking for the so called "new styles" and had no luck.. so if it mounts on the subframe bolt its still good? ok then..
I hung out with Tim Barnes in Indy during the Industry show. I noticed his display f4i had the cage mounted to the swingarm and I asked if that was the "new style" for the f4i. He said it was one of a kind and that he doesn't plan on changing the f4i cage because it works so well and the swingarm mounting is a pain in the *** to make and install.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:42 PM

gotcha....thanks for the help guys
Old 04-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Retired

No problem.