help from 03-05 r6 guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:18 PM

superloop is an unknown quantity at this point
help from 03-05 r6 guys

yeah, im new to the site...
so, i just got a powers cage and FI 12 bar on my 05 r6 and went to play for the first time last night. i was sucking it up for a while and when i was resting, i thought id just **** around with the bike, and i stood it on the bar and did a 12 burnout for about 10 seconds and when i went to kill it, it died on its own... hmm so then oil starts pouring out from under my tank and i take the bike down real quick and try to start it. sweet, oil in the air box hydrolocks my motor. so i wear my self out pushing the bike backwards and letout the clutch to inch the motor backwards and push the oil out. it works, fires up smokes the place out... ok... so don't do 12 burnouts... guess its the crankcase vent.... but then im finaly getting over my chickshit fears later that night and i scrape the bar a few times (and i don't wreck... hahah, wow) but then my bike leaks a little more oil and smokes some more just doing that... is this normal? oil was at the perfect level at first... and then after the first oil spill it was at the low end of the dipstick, so its not too much oil in it. so, im a noob and hello all.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:43 PM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: help from 03-05 r6 guys

mine only does it if i leave it on the bar too long.....maybe u had some left in the airbox...oh yeah watch scraping the tail on the 03-05 R6's....the subframe breaks easy unless they are reinforced,no matter how smooth u hit it.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:22 AM

superloop is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i know.... im thinking ill just fabricate a whole new subframe when i snap it off. im really not trying to 12 it, its mostly that when i was trying to learn the slow stuff with no cage or bar, i wrecked a few times by hitting the tail and instictivly jumping off... so AFTER i screw my bike all up, i get the cage and bar... but the first night out with em i went back too far, hit the bar on accident, kept it up and it really helped me doing so. just went out again for the second night and i still havn't crashed yet and i just about have it down.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:33 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

sweet If I can find one I'm gonna buy a round bar.
I know someone aroung here who can tig weld so I might beef up a subframe off of ebay
I let a friend ride my bike

he said it was smooth, he is good at engine break
he scraped the exhaust.
http://www.stuntfreaks.com/riders/edmetzger/ed.php
Old 04-20-2006, 01:43 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

Hey SUPERLOOP here are some avatar urls

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...unterr6/1a.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...6/DSC00677.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../highchair.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...spreader-3.jpg

just copy and paste
Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

just box the crap outta the entire frame/sub.. and yeah look up kanes 636 oil/crank case mod. to fget n idea how to stop oil/airbox crap