How is a 99 R6 to stunt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:32 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point
How is a 99 R6 to stunt?

I picked up a 99 R6 last night spur of the moment for a SCREAMIN' deal that I couldnt pass up! I was going to get an F4i to stunt but just a peak at this bike and I had to buy it because it was so mint. The bike has full 01 fairings on it from front to back with not even a scratch on em. 01 forks and tripple, 01 rims,new clipons, full poished & powedercoated frame and swingarm. Low miles, brand new tires and runs & brakes perfect! Only question I have is is this bike worth stunting for a noob to slow stunting or shud i just pick up a beat f4i instead of ruining a nice bike that maybe isnt even that good to stunt with in the 1st place? I figured the carbs would be a problem for real vertical stuff but then i see people stunting dirtbikes so ya got me. I guess thats why I'm posting. If I do go with stunting it i would probably remove most fairings and streetfighter it until I got better
Old 03-16-2006, 11:44 PM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How is a 99 R6 to stunt?

if you picked it up for a screamin deal, sell and make a few bucks and get an f4i if you really want one, just have fun
Old 03-17-2006, 12:19 AM

ibrac54 is an unknown quantity at this point

good friend of mine stunted one for a long time. he did a lot of slow stuff and never really had a problem with the carbs. be careful if you have stock clip ons, he broke a few. i would just stunt that if you got a good deal :YEAH
Old 03-17-2006, 12:25 AM

PUCK is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to have a 2000 R6, doesn't really compare to the f4i. The f4i is a million times smoother b/c of the fuel injection. The R6 will bogg a little past the balance point, it won't run on the bar for long, and the air box will fill up with oil at 12. I would make a few dollars on it and get an f4i.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:25 AM

This sucks so bad..all I wanted was a nice stuntbike that didnt look like a piece of junk but a bike that wasnt expensive either. I scored that deal but now I think I shud start off on sumthin crappier first. I think I'm guna pick up a fiddy or just get a nice beatdown f4i that wont make me cringe if I lay it down! decisions decisions...

btw I paid $1,300 for it with matching alpinstars jacket, icon gloves, hjc helmet. I considered it a steal. Especially since this thing looks like it just came off the showroom floor, this thing was babied!

I could prolly bail it for 3-3,500 easy enough. I still got an R1. I shud just sell it and go f4i. argggg
Old 03-17-2006, 12:37 AM

Ninja Nick is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like u picked up a true '01 with '99 vins.....that's why it only cost $1300 cuz it was hot and been stamped
Old 03-17-2006, 01:21 AM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

Dude don't listen to any of these guys. You got a good deal so just rock it.
The F4i is just another bike. Its not the bike its the rider.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:23 AM

KevinWebster1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant believe you got that for 1300 bucks. i would have bought that in an instant too. you might as well stunt that because f4i's are so hard to find. at least they are here in the midwest. and they dont come much cheaper than like 3000 bucks. take some of that money and def. invest in a fiddy. thats the best move ive ever done.totally teaches you all the brake control and its easy to learn. plus you can throw those off a 3 story builiding the jump on it and ride a wheelie with no damage. strong s.o.b.'s just my 2 cents
Old 03-17-2006, 01:38 AM

scratchnsniff is an unknown quantity at this point

A good cage, some good subframe supports, and you've got one hell of a first stunt bike.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:01 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

damn 1300 bucks? thats like "here have a bike"
keep it and get an f4i
that way you have a prettybike, a kneedragging machine, and a wheelie machine
Old 03-17-2006, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ninja Nick
sounds like u picked up a true '01 with '99 vins-snip
I got forms from a salvage place in PA. The guy who bought it originally bought it from there with full fairings but rashed so he put all the 01 stuff on it and polished it up and did all that other stuff (forks,wheels). This bike is legit.

story is this kid had a friend who inherited $$ buy him the bike last yr for $3,500 (gear not included). Hes been payin the kid off for a year and owed 2500 still. Friend needed $$ so he told him to sell the bike and get "whatever he could for it" , give him the $ back and call it even. Other guys were tellin him Oh ill give u 300 this week and 400 next week , consider it sold etc. so i told him yo i got cash lets look at it. Not to beat a dead horse but 4real when i was wheeling this thing outta that storage all running and knowing it was going to be mine I kept thinking omg did i just pay $1,300 for this?!?! I actually felt like I was stealing something haha I made the deal quick after seeing it and drove it right outta there with a loaner snowmobile helmet that was there and had him drive my car to my house following me. My hands were numb by the time i got home it was so cold out but well worth it. He wasnt advertising this or anything only told a friend of his or 2 about it. I just happened to ask him what he was doing with it when he told me he had to sell the bike this week. Good timing on my part! Needless to say when I got home I celebrated my achievement for the night

Ok enuff blabbing from the noob now, time for bed maybe when i wake up ill know what I shud do
Old 03-17-2006, 08:29 AM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

just rock it...dont be scared :YEAH mine works for me
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0490.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	167071  
Old 03-17-2006, 09:53 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

rock it, at least try it and see how you like it. If you keep it to stunt i'd change the clip ons if theyre stock. Heard lots of ppl breaking them off coming down hard.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:43 AM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

i think its garbage to stunt , yeah i and others can rock it , but why not get what you know in your head is right , if you know a f4i is a better stunt bike than get whats right , dont settle for it casue of a good deal, like your boy said sell it make some money and buy a honda , besides carb bike are garbage for slow stuff in my opinion
Old 03-17-2006, 11:50 AM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't even bother tearing up that bike. It's carbs, and it's a thing in the past. Get you a fuel injected bike if you want to stunt. I don't care what anyone says carbs are no good for stunting. There's a reason why everyone HAD one, but now rides new bikes. if you want to make some money PM me, I'll pick it up off your hands (I'll use it as a commuter), and you can go get an F4i, and rid yourslef of a long term problem.

Been there, already had these problems, take it from someone who knows.
I
Old 03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

justin, all the carbed bikes you had were rat****ed shitboxes that sat out in the weather for months at a time.. hahahaha...

My boy chris from san antonio rides the **** out of those oldschool r6s and does every trick, circle and combo in the book with no cage or bar. I rode one for a couple months and like it alot. I learned sitdown 12s on it back in the day with stock gears and thought it was the best bike ever. I was coming from a gixxer at the time.. but the throttle was super smooth.. unlike the gixxer on/off switch.. i mean throttle.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:13 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris is the exception, lol.

Carbs work great, until they start messing up then it pretty much impossible to ever get it lined back out.

My vote's no on stunt, but they are great bikes for everything else.

Brad's how's the RR?? You like??
Old 03-17-2006, 03:38 PM

keeylay is an unknown quantity at this point

Its the indian, not the arrow. Do you man... A carbed bike is fine for stunting. You picked the thing up for a great price..Time to get nasty on it. There are guys out there that can stunt a damn lawnmower...Jason Briton your my hero..
Old 03-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Janitor "clean up stalls"

faster321 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, chris can rock a old school r6 quite well, without a cage, side black fairings and no cage... he can also drive it in the grass quite well.... ahh that was a blast.... haha!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

its all about the 09 r6

Quick Reply: How is a 99 R6 to stunt?