what happened to the colbert thread?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:17 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: what happened to the colbert thread?

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Tony Hawk is a sell out? he's done so damn much for his sport its not even funny, he is a household name bringing his sport to an otherwise never seen market. i call him an innovator! he didnt sell out he bought it. little kids by his clothes and u call that dumb! haha **** the day little kids are given little 905 cages for their toy bikes... whew.. thats a grand day in my world... that means weve made it.

i assume that you are a skater.. well the core skater kids can ***** moan and cry all they want and debate forever how he sold out, (might as well include bam margera in there as well) but reality is... they did whatever they had to or wanted to, in order to continue living their dream the way that made them happy while supplying finacial success to their program.

you think any person out there wouldnt do the same damn thing in a heartbeat? 'specially us broke *** stunters.. haha

damn rights. where do i sign up, and what do i have to do!?

-kane
theres a ton of skaters in the industry that have a very lucrative carreer without being on a frosted flakes commercial, if u dont mind being a walking cliche, which you dont seem to, then x-games is all for you.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:21 PM

hermans is an unknown quantity at this point

tony hawk is a sellout, sorry let me explain what i mean so i dont sound like a complete *******. tony hawks is an extremely talented and dedicated skater. but hes a brand name, he has no respect among real street skaters, none of us bought his hawk brand shoes(thats why the company went under) and no one but little kids buys birdhouse skateboards. if money and fame is what is important and what you want to accomplish through riding then i guess we just ride for diff reasons.
i just used him as an example to make a point. hopefully we wont see kane or anyone doing deodrant commercials. but if they do thats there choice and it would only help us in the long run.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:37 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by hermans
i just used him as an example to make a point. hopefully we wont see kane or anyone doing deodrant commercials. but if they do thats there choice and it would only help us in the long run.
+1 on that, i would love to see kane or some other stunter or hell even myself just representing for the stunt world thru a commercial... "its all about the come up" if you think about it there are a few commercials out there that have motorcycles doing stunts in them. it just takes time.

i also think tony hawk was one of the people that put skateboarding on the map like he did as well along with powell and stacy peralta. i was skating when they where coming up and i remember wanting to be like that when i was 12 and 13. just imagine how 12 and 13 year olds look at stuntriding now... i bet i have a pretty good feeling, they love it, and its growing to a point we couldnt stop it if we tried. i know most of the stunters here know what im talking about when you see a few kids on the block and they see you riding by... what do they always say? "do a wheelie!" lol. the next generation takes over always. i couldnt believe when i was like 18 and kids that were skateboarding when i was thru with it and seen how they did moves we would never thought of. lol its awesome how the world turns.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:44 PM

umpa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
ya that is some BS!!! Here we go again!!

Yeah he musta started cryin. Worst thing you can do..
Old 03-08-2006, 12:30 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOVE SL DRAMA

and todd colbert took a tahiti vacation soon after his pockets got filled....so there is no way he couldve posted all that.

someone needs to man up.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
a walking cliche

please excuse my ignorance... but you lost me. Please elaborate!?

-kane
Old 03-08-2006, 01:45 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

please excuse my ignorance... but you lost me. Please elaborate!?

-kane
the x games and other types of mass media competition promoters turn ppl into a stereotype and only celebrate those who fit into that mold. skating was a huge thing in the x games when i was competing and i had an invite to compete there and i declined as did many other pros because we didnt like how we were treated. we were only there because they could sell us and if at any time the money wasnt gonna be there then neither would we, thats why i really hate this big strive to gain mass acceptance for what we do. some ppl dont mind that, you seem to be the type that doesnt mind that so long as it is putting money in your pocket and getting your picture taken.no hate here, i just see things diff.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
the x games and other types of mass media competition promoters turn ppl into a stereotype and only celebrate those who fit into that mold. skating was a huge thing in the x games when i was competing and i had an invite to compete there and i declined as did many other pros because we didnt like how we were treated. we were only there because they could sell us and if at any time the money wasnt gonna be there then neither would we, thats why i really hate this big strive to gain mass acceptance for what we do. some ppl dont mind that, you seem to be the type that doesnt mind that so long as it is putting money in your pocket and getting your picture taken.no hate here, i just see things diff.

I know what your talking about, I have a friend who used to be in the X games and heard all about it. Yes they are gonna use you and yes they will always be making more money than you and more money off you than you will get paid. Would I still do it? Of course, your either doin it or sittin on the sidelines wishing you were. It would take our sport to a new level. I would do my best to get paid as much as I could but regardless of the money I would do it!!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:15 AM

the reality of it is that stunters are never gonna be in the x games unless we start hitting some big *** ramps cuz america doesnt have enough intellect to be impressed by anything less than 80 feet of air and fireworks. thats why bicycle flatland didnt stay on.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:40 AM
jny

jny is an unknown quantity at this point

some guys are already famous. who needs x-games. they have girls, videos, magazine covers, fans. 10,000 myspace friends. the only thing that is left is to see jessica simpson cradeling a bald infant in the middle of darius and nick lachey on the cover of the national enquirer. maybee we should have kane looking over their shoulders w/ a smile. headline reads "shocking dna resaults"
Old 03-08-2006, 07:54 AM

YOGURT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jny
some guys are already famous. who needs x-games. they have girls, videos, magazine covers, fans. 10,000 myspace friends. the only thing that is left is to see jessica simpson cradeling a bald infant in the middle of darius and nick lachey on the cover of the national enquirer. maybee we should have kane looking over their shoulders w/ a smile. headline reads "shocking dna resaults"

That is good stuff........
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 AM

SICK02R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be nice to see stuntin a little more on tv and ****, maybe a few more competitions throughout the year would be cool but...to be honest I like that we're not mainstream. I like the fact that not anyone out there can do this ****, that's what makes us look crazy! I guess this is my ****y side talking right now but I like that when I'm on the highway goin' 80 and I put my gixxer on the front wheel, people's jaws drop. Once stuntin is on tv as much as Real World re-runs then it's not gonna be as "cool". All I'm saying is it's nice to be able to do something many can't and as soon as it goes x-games and **** then we'll be a dime a dozen.
I can totally see how x-games would try to "sell you", that's what companies do, they make money while providing a svc. I think guys like Darius are going about everything the right way. Do your thing, have mad fun doin it, make some coin by makin a few videos, while all along evolving the sport and bringing it to new eyes. My prediction is serious money will be made from this sport sometime in the future either way but I hope it's the actual ruders that make the money, NOT the corporations!
OK blah blah blah, shouldn't 've hit the bong so hard this morning first thing uh....
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuntriding is gonna be like heavy metal....underground
Old 03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
your either doin it or sittin on the sidelines wishing you were.
exactly my thoughts too!

---

why should the riders make as much as the promoters, investors, and industry companies?! riders come and go all the time...

if a rider isnt happy with their competition/exhibition riders fees and still want to be involved in the industry and make a substansial living while doing it then "selling out" through endorsements, tv shows, magazines, DVDs, lisenced product, etc... its the smartest way to go. its still work too ya know.

whats the difference between "selling out" and "buying in". seems to me the sells outs are on MTV cribs while the "true core riders" are on food stamps

-kane
Old 03-08-2006, 12:48 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

exactly my thoughts too!

---

why should the riders make as much as the promoters, investors, and industry companies?! riders come and go all the time...

if a rider isnt happy with their competition/exhibition riders fees and still want to be involved in the industry and make a substansial living while doing it then "selling out" through endorsements, tv shows, magazines, DVDs, lisenced product, etc... its the smartest way to go. its still work too ya know.

whats the difference between "selling out" and "buying in". seems to me the sells outs are on MTV cribs while the "true core riders" are on food stamps

-kane
well said. +1
Old 03-08-2006, 01:08 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

exactly my thoughts too!

---

-kane
i totally agree. most of the people that talk about "selling out" have never been offered a sponsor or promotion deal. its easy to say someone is a sellout but imagine someone right infront of your face offering you exposure or money and you have a family to feed and broken bike parts to fix, you would say yes!!

and ive never been offered ****, im just speaking from a theoretical perspective.

~FSPalex
Old 03-08-2006, 01:25 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

If the day came when one of our well knowns made it and got a sponsorship, I'd probably go and buy something from that company, provided I was in the market for what they're selling.
I'd be happy to see the "lifestyle" get bigger than it is, sure. A lot of people compare stunting to skating, which is sort of correct. How long did it take for skating to get popular? after that how long did it take to get "big"?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:44 PM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

This is how the X-games thinks they own you. When Travis did the double back flip for the DG commercial. He said that ESPN called him and ask him why he didn't do it at the X-games. Now my question is why would ESPN care that he did a double? Because they would get more viewers which inturn creates more commercial sales thus adding to ther bottom line. Do you think they would have gave Travis some of that money? NO! So if this is what we want our sport to become then fine. Just can't wait till they call one of the big name stuntas who creates a new trick and ask why didn't you do that at my show. I think the X-games could possible kill the sport with antics like this. The X-games is not the answer we need. If I knew the answer I would let everybody know it. Maybe we need to hold a Stunter summit. Get all the big wigs and some of there sponsors together and brainstorm. Then maybe we could get our own well organized super stunt comp.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:50 PM

well in order to do anything, stunt competitions need to be associated, like a national stunters association or something like that, then you can bring the "sport" where you want it to go, hopefully without the help of organizations like the x-games.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:46 PM

hermans is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess i flipped the script with this thread huh?

Quick Reply: what happened to the colbert thread?